For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

Kije

Oct 13, 2009
I'm gonna have to go with either
Mass Effect (My first Bioware game, I went back and played Kotor I and II after I finished. Loved it.)
or Halo: Combat Evolved (Long ago... in a time before The {12 yearold fanboy} Flood invaded Xbox live...)

mr_major

Jun 14, 2011
I am biased based on what was the most entertaining to me. SO knowing this may be massively hated I have to say personally Pokemon Red Rescue team would be mine since I still go back to play it every couple of weeks.

Other games that were in the running, Oblivion, Pokemon Crystal, and Beautiful Katamari.

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
World of Warcraft. When I have to justify this I just mention figures to people but you're all educated enough to know why. One of the most successful games aver and $1 billion plus a year in revenue.

Sumrex

Apr 4, 2010
Portal wins by a long shot. never had that much with a game fun for that little a price

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Oh god this is tough....As much as I'd like to have just one i'm gonna have to make a mini list...

Oblivion
MW2
- Two biggest games I sank the most amount of hours on

Shadow of the Colossus
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
- what I consider absolute classics

Legend of Mana
Twisted Metal 2
Diablo 2
- my favorite games before 2001

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
My favorite game of this decade? That's a tough question.

Story/Campaign - Halo: Combat Evolved - It started an amazing series. The series has great books and I read alot, so those are fantastic.

Mutliplayer - Halo 2 - My friends and I played the hell out of that game. We played that game for years. We had weekly games, lan-parties were/are the best.

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Sinspiration said:
Armored Core: For Answer, as an AC fan, perhaps not the most hardcore, perhaps not the most skilled, believe me I know very well where I stand, I loved this game for many reasons. Masses of customization, giant mechs, big explosions, although the single player had a tendency to get dull, repetitive and very barren, online matches were exciting, although riddle with elitists or simply over-skilled players.
Yeah online was a bit ridiculous. I can't wait for AC5 though!

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
I started gaming when i was 13 and now i'm 24, so i guess i qualify for this thread. To answer the question, only one game has ever captured my attention the way no other game has. It took me 90 hours to beat this game and i did that in 12 days. 12 days! Just to give you an idea of how insanely engrossed i was. Favorite game of all time.....

Persona 3.

Hands down.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Since 2001? Hmm... That is actually a really tough call, lots of great games came out during that time. For now I'll list the ones I feel are the highest contenders and if I can narrow it down later I'll get back to ya.

Portal

Half Life 2

Resident Evil 4

Super Smash Bros Melee

Bethesda's RPG's (Fallout 3, NV, and Oblivion)

stiver

Oct 17, 2007
Is it year released?

Because I'm gonna say Starcraft II. What starcraft did for Korea, Starcraft II is doing for the world. It is bringing E-sports to the mainstream. Bringing in real professionals, real teams and real sponsors. It's brining in millions of viewers for live and VODs of tournament games. It is going to redefine the world of competitive video games, and it is on the path to being the best game of the last 10 years, and will continue to be so (with the expansions) for the next 20-30 years.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
I can't answer this properly.
There's a reason awards show have categories. I mean what's my criteria?

So here's an answer that ultimiately can't be my definitive.

Halo 2
Without it I believe that Xbox Live would have had a harder time emerging.
It helped bring console gamers online with each other in a more direct way.
It was fun to play and I'd like to thank Bungie for being my reason to own Gold.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Was going to say Mario Kart double dash, but I just double checked and Sonic adventure 2 was released in 2001 so its include in this decade and that is definitively my favorite game for this decade.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
My favourite game since 2001? Um... Oblivion or Fallout 3?

If you're talking about the best game since 1986, which is when I started gaming, then I'd say Myst. Hands down.

auwdioslave

Apr 16, 2010
LookingGlass said:
Morrowind, easily. For me, no game is as endlessly replayable. It would take a ridiculous amount of time to do/see everything once, and it really never lost its fun factor for me so replaying the same pieces with different characters is still enjoyable. Technically it's obviously not special anymore, but the world and creatures they created are still great looking in their own way. And mods can make it look amazing if you need that.

It's the game that got me into RPGs, and the gold standard by which all new RPGs are held to.

I'll probably be playing it forever.
Same here. I still return to Vvardenfell after all these years to play with my very first character (over 750hrs of work)

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
obscurumlux01 said:
Best Game of ALL TIME: Chrono Trigger
/thread
This.

Of the last decade...either MGS3 (because it actually had a non-bullshit story) or Devil May Cry 3.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Huh...well, quite a tough one. I guess my personal favorite games from that period would be Warcraft 3, KotOR, Halo 2 and Fallout 3.