For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Best game.. Would have to go with Halo 2. Had so much fun with it. Resident Evil outbreak file 2 is a close second though.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Technically I shouldn't be answering this since I've only played games since 2002 but that's close enough, stand-outs include Pokemon Ruby, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Double Dash/DS, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Fallout 3, if I had to choose one between those it would be Pokemon all the way, must have put well over 1000 hours into all my pokemon games combined and last time I checked I have own around 2500 pokemon across every game.

roguetrooper96

Feb 26, 2010
Uncharted entertained me for long enough to platinum game 2 and to "Just that one f***ing more!!" game 1, so I'm gonna choose Uncharted 1 because it has more replayability for me.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Fallout 3, hands down.

It 1 game that to this day always has me coming back no matter what other games for the 360 I've played. It helps that it's the first 360 game I've ever played.

Rustysquash

Apr 9, 2009
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal (2001 release).
Simply the best RPG I have every played.
Nothing comes close to the strategy, the complexity, the story and the characters. It is fantastic, I play it once every year.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Mass Effect 2. Hard to improve on that as a video game, really.

Battlefield:Bad Company 2 had the best online multiplayer. Batman: Arkham Asylum was the game that deserves praise for simply being brilliant when conventional wisdom would suggest a half-arsed product would be the order of the day for the film tie-in. Civilization series on the pc. Final Fantasy 12 and Stuntman for amount of time required to do everything 100%, the former for hours spent and the latter for being on the brink of acceptability (1% more challenging and I would have thrown the controller out of the window). Prisoner of War for a game that is great that no one ever played. Other mentions are for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Halo 1 & 2, FIFA 10/11/12. Assassin's Creed and LA Noire were an exercise in how to do something original in an entertaining way (story aside for Noire, Rockstar can't write for shit).

Some great games from 2001 and earlier.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
chaosyoshimage said:
Well, seeing as I started gaming 12 years ago, I guess I qualify. For me it's The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The highlight of gaming to me is exploring uncharted lands, and a game that let me sail the ocean did just that. Never mind the sword fighting, dungeons, and beautiful graphics.
I was about to say the same thing! The Wind Waker had an amazing world to explore, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of that.

However, then I remembered that Civilization III came it at around Halloween 2001. So yeah, that would have to be my game of the decade. The amount of time I spent as a young lad trying to figure that game out... so Nostalgic. The constant killing other countries because they had science I wanted, or resources I didn't have... No gaming experience can compare.

Honorable mentions: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Pokemon Emerald Version.

EDIT: Nostalgic is a proper noun in this post...

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Arcanum (2003) is perhaps the most open-ended RPG ever. Even for today's standards. It allows you to play the way you want. And let's not even mention the epic character reaction system.

For me, it wins the Game of the Decade award.

My nominees:
GTA III
Call Of Duty 1
World of Warcraft
Warcraft 3
C&C: Generals

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
I still go for Silent Hill 2 (2001, I think), it shaped a lot of the stuff I found interesting on a game, as well as outside of gaming.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
While I'm not sure if it counts or not, I'd have to say Uncharted 3, it may seem to early to count but it improves on the second in almost every way and that was my previous all time favorite.

Honorable mentions go to:
Red Dead Redemption

Ratchet and Clank (1 and 3)

Sly 3: Band of Thieves

Metal Gear Solid (2 and 4)

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Infamous 2 (Exceeded expectations to become my second favorite game of this year)

Portal 2

Mass Effect 2

Psychonauts

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System

Destroy All Humans! 2

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Hands down

That damn game is almost 6 years old now and I'm still playing it and still finding new things and every single time I start with a new character I have a whole new experience. If that doesn't constitute a GOTD, I don't know what does.

My vote for GOTD for the next ten years?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim of course!

EDIT: Wait what? OLDER gamers? I've been gaming for over 10 years and I'm only 24! I don't know, young people these days!