Forespoken Demo Impressions - Forget it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Eazy Allies is the most positive review I've seen so far and they are almost saying the opposite thing as everyone else so I don't know if I believe what they say or not.
It's up to you if you don't want to get the game or not, but I do trust Easy Allies. My only problem with them is that they can be too kind to a game at times even though they're very understanding and open-minded. This is something that goes back to the Game Trailer days, but in the mid 2000s at least, they were a bit more uppity when they didn't like something. It was around the late 2000s and early 2010s, they'll dial it back sometimes. I'm at my trusted waiver when they were GT at the time, because of their reviews of DmC 2013 and Killer Is Dead. They hated KID, while loving DmC 2013 for almost the exact same reasons. Them praising the story of DmC set off some red flags for me (which many professional reviewers were doing). Their one video of a different part of staff playing Oneechanbara Z2 was not helping either. They went out of their way to insult people who liked or enjoyed these types of games. That particular group never showed up on Easy Allies, so it's safe to say they didn't make it through with the restructuring and rebranding. Well that, the staff of GT was way bigger than whatever EA has now.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I read that she actually wrote little of this game and was more of a advisor or something and that the writing was two other people.
Had a feeling that would be the case. It's like when Killer Is Dead came out, and people blamed/pinned the writing on Suda, even though he had little to do with it. He was the executive producer and not the director. All he did was give some writing advice and scenario suggestions. Other than promoting the game, he didn't do anything else. He let whoever was on that team all do their own thing.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
They apparently hired Western writers for this game though. So I don't think the writing is because of them this time.
I wondered about that. Guess it's just good ol' fashion bad writing. Don't know how much certain game studios are willing to do second drafts of scripts or re-record lines that end up not working out too well. Once a scene is mo-capped and animated and the result isn't that great, it's probably a huge pain in the ass to go back and redo that. One that a studio might not feel like it's worth the time and money. I mean, considering the reaction from audiences since the first reveal, people over as Squenix must've realized the turkey they had on their hands and just tried to atleast get it over the finish line.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

GameStop for once in their pathetic lives are sticking to their guns. Way too little and too late, but points for trying. You all still suck.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
"This game made me vomit. Uninstalling it brought me joy." - critic

"'This game... brought me joy.' - Critic" - trailer
Yeah, I find it sus when you see one word qoutes or a "...." in the middle of a qoute because I have no context for what's being said here.

Like if a game review was "Toilet", then the full quote could be "I think this game belongs in a toilet with the rest of the shit" or "I loved it so much I couldn't get up to go to the toilet". Sure, no PR team is going to use "Toliet" in their one word summary of a review but the effect isn't that different.

"Beautiful", yes, yes, many games are quite beautiful. The sistine chapel is quite beautiful as well, but the sistine chapel is a poor video game(more of a railroaded walking sim honestly).

Also, if anyone from the Vatican is reading this(because you're slacking off at work and on a game website for some reason when you should be cleaning the skull of John the Baptist or something), you have my permission to use the quote "The Sistine Chapel is a poor video game" in your Tourism ads.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
When it sucks so hard they dont want you showing anyone else.
Banning these people does nothing. It only makes Square Enix look all the more worse. The information is already out there. I know Square lost 11 billion in yen, but they have no one to blame but themselves for the failure of Avengers.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm guessing Square will keep making mistakes until FFXIV can no longer pay for them.
It seems like it's all the side studios that are fumbling messes for Square. Because their important teams are back to doing great work, FF14, FF7R, The Dragonquest team, like the main shit is in good shape. But these side hussles and oddball games are just...sloppy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And since today is release day you have twitter full of people buying it and claiming it's amazing and that people only hate it because black girl. I think I'm done with twitter today.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren