Fox Business Criticizes Studio Ghibli's Latest

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
That you Faux News. More work for me, if anyone takes your advice seriously. Having seen Arriety? Not really any horrible agenda of doom. As for the Lorax? If it has a more liberal message than the original, I'd be...seriously impressed. Of course, I actually think you know, we need a world to live in, so...can't really argue with the Lorax's message.

On the other hand, some of my co-workers will mostly be eating this up, and assume that the brainwashing evil media is doing horrible things to the children by teaching them to share and not destroy all their resources.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I'm reminded of when Nostalgia Critic reviewed Ponyo and got the crap beaten out of him several times for a simple reason:

NOBODY

FUCKS

WITH

MIYAZAKI.

You are allowed to not like certain aspects of his movies, you are even allowed to not like them if you're not a big fan of the genre they portray. This however, is worthy of Spike Spencer sticking a grenade down their pants when they're not looking.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Screamarie said:
Well I don't think the Lorax is trying to push a liberal agenda, I think it's instead talking about an important issue, one that was important back in 1988 and is still important today. I doubt Dr. Suess was trying to brainwash children, just trying to give a good moral, "if you get rid of all the plants, you destroy the ecosystem." It was an eco-friendly message that's all.

I honestly don't see what the fuck fox's problem is...eco-friendly messages have been in kid's movies for years, anybody remember ferngully? And yet people still litter. I don't think anyone has to worry.
I bet you anything that if someone was to make a kids movie that made drilling for oil seem like a rightous cause, or had a anti-gay message, the whole of the Fox would call it a must see for the whole family.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Are they HIGH?

Studio Ghibli = Occupy Wall Street?

Also, which children are honestly going to watch these films and see these 'hidden' messages. Children are going to be sad that trees are being cut down, yes. But...What the hell is Fox News on about?

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Vausch said:
I'm reminded of when Nostalgia Critic reviewed Ponyo and got the crap beaten out of him several times for a simple reason:

NOBODY

FUCKS

WITH

MIYAZAKI.

You are allowed to not like certain aspects of his movies, you are even allowed to not like them if you're not a big fan of the genre they portray. This however, is worthy of Spike Spencer sticking a grenade down their pants when they're not looking.
Hardly a Miyazaki movie, he mostly just helped rewriting the script from an already original story with the help of another.

It's not nearly 'out there' enough to called one of his films. He kinda just put his stamp of approval on it. Still a great film tho, but not as great as a movie directed by the God that is Hayao Miyazaki.
Miyazaki has the single drop effect, by touching a film in progress he has already blessed it.

That's fair enough though, Ghibli is a great studio as a whole and this film was the thing that was going to keep them from going under. I'm gonna go see it just to support them.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
razer17 said:
You know when someone is sticking up for the 1% they are not to be trusted as a news source. Not that that is in itself news, since we all know Fox is ridiculous. I feel bad for the kids of republicans who won't be allowed to watch Ghibli classics now though.
You bring up an excellent point. I can't imagine what my childhood would be like without Spirited Away.

Fox News, go home. Nobody wants you here.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Sober Thal said:
It's not nearly 'out there' enough to called one of his films. He kinda just put his stamp of approval on it. Still a great film tho, but not as great as a movie directed by the God that is Hayao Miyazaki.
It was directed by one of his Protégés Hiromasa Yonebayashi in his style of animation and he also worked on some of the key animation. Not calling it a Miyazaki film is almost a lie.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Treblaine said:
I'd love to hear what Fox News' take on Bioshock is. I suspect a potent combination of outrage and arousal.
they would probably say that it,s made by left wing nuts or something.
then again that is their routine as a parody on the news.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Wow...to think that I actually watched Fox up until about 3 years ago...I noticed their bullcrap, why can't the rest of my family? Maybe they have and are in denial. I mean, c'mon, pushing a liberal agenda on kids? What universe do they live in to think that taking care of the environment is an exclusive, liberal policy? *facepalm* those jerks.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I haven't seen the film yet, definitely plan to, but Fox News is against it then I'm sure it'll be a easy front-runner for movie of the year. :)

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
fox ran out of games to antagonize...
fox goes after hollywood...
attacks an anime and a freaking doctor suse adaptation...
yea good luck with that fox tell us when this is done...

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Really this fox news story doesn't deserve a response. Not that I would be able to construct a response seeing as my mind exploded the moment I read.

Studio Ghibli's adaptation of The Borrowers
HOW THE HELL HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!!?? Seriously! Loved the borrowers as a child and love Studio Ghibli now. Give it to me, my body is ready!

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Furioso said:
At this point they could move all of the Fox News type programing to comedy central right after Colbert and no one would bat an eye
No, I will not have their crap infect the one place I can count on for legit info about the world!
They can stay there so at least we know that we can skip over the entire channel.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Screamarie said:
Well I don't think the Lorax is trying to push a liberal agenda, I think it's instead talking about an important issue, one that was important back in 1988 and is still important today. I doubt Dr. Suess was trying to brainwash children, just trying to give a good moral, "if you get rid of all the plants, you destroy the ecosystem." It was an eco-friendly message that's all.

I honestly don't see what the fuck fox's problem is...eco-friendly messages have been in kid's movies for years, anybody remember ferngully? And yet people still litter. I don't think anyone has to worry.
All I remember about that film is 1) Tim Curry was in it 2) The Nostalgia Critic reviewed it and 3) It introduced the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment!" pieces to his videos, causing me to call them out in many films today.

OT: What's the problem with The Lorax? If it's teaching kids "Yeah, we need to be more careful of the eco-system", isn't that good? Surely the logging companies that they seem to be protecting would profit more from a sustainable source.