Fox News Attacks Environmentally Conscious Games

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
You know what, I think I can be okay with this. At least they aren't up there screaming for the banning of games. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go google this Fate of the World game, it sound rather interesting.
It is actually an incredibly challenging and fun game. well worth getting.

OT: ... wow... MOAR STUPIDITY!!!

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
It's Faux Noise. The "news" station that openly brags about lying and fear-mongering just to push the Republican agenda.

Stop and think: Can you recall many Republicans who care about environmentalism?

There's your answer.

ishmal203

Jun 14, 2011
'nuclear energy is the safest form of energy' ..........what? dude no wind farms are ever going to exploded and take half the countrys population with it

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
So being afraid of killing animals is bad? And being afraid of destroying the planet is bad? And trying to find what you see as the best alternative energy source is bad? And saving the PLANET is bad?

...Gotcha, you win again Fox, I wholeheartedly accept your logic.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Daveman said:
Fucking hell Fox News... you hate GTA because apparently kids will all become murderers and next you hate on the friendly games that encourage you to be nice?

BREAKING NEWS: Monopoly makes kids more ruthless property developers and Scrabble is un-American because "Quran" scores better than "Bible".
I thought the moral from Monopoly is that capitalism is not infallible and must be regulated to prevent a destructive monopoly.

Laissez Faire Capitalism has the ideology that free markets are self stabilising and monopolies will nto form without government interference. Monopoly demonstrates through a game that simulates the property market how it is inevitable that one person will end up owning everything and it is game-over... you circle around and around the board forever in debt paying rent.

Monopoly is basically a re-packaging of Elizabeth Phillips' "The Landlord Game". She was a Quaker and wanted to make a subtle criticism of capitalism without being thrown in with the same lot as the over-zealous Communists and Marxists.

One thing I am astounded my is how The Landlord Game has been corrupted into a PRO-capitalism game, with all the focus on how one person can "win" rather than how it is inevitable that all the other players will lose and be doomed to economic slavery. Today the US Department of Justice work hard to enforce anti-monopoly laws, such as denying AT&T the change to buy T-Mobile, and definitely to stop one company owning all the mobile phone networks.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Outlaw Torn said:
Does Tetris have a Communist agenda? If so then I might as well paint myself red and streak through Red Square. If only Fox had used their expert researchers to find out then I wouldn't be in such a pickle. I'll book a flight to Moscow just in case.
They're republicans, they're stupid not clever, or they would have picked up on tetris's communist take over a LONG time ago... heck it's the #4 best selling game of all time...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Daveman said:
BREAKING NEWS: Monopoly makes kids more ruthless property developers and Scrabble is un-American because "Quran" scores better than "Bible".
This plus your avatar was delicious.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
You know what, I think I can be okay with this. At least they aren't up there screaming for the banning of games. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go google this Fate of the World game, it sound rather interesting.
You just reminded me of when they "took on" Bulletstorm. I would never have known that game existed had it not been for their coverage. As usual Fox, another job well done.

CloudFir3

Dec 13, 2010
LittleMikey said:
I'm glad i'm not American, having to actually put up with something like that on TV would be horrible :/
Lol, yea seriously, having that cancer on TV is something I'm not proud of either.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
This just in: recent reports claim that fox's claim of a liberal agenda are furthering a conservative agenda. Discussion at 11.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
Its nice to see that the escapist staff and writers dont even bother to pretend to be objective.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
Interesting questions asked by complete prats, huh?

Oh well, maybe it'll spur an organisation with half a brain to actually make something explorative rather than a pile of empty accusations that thinks an appropriate audience for Fat of the World would include a five year old.

But Flower? Since when is that an environmentalist game? I mean environmental overtones but.. meh as if they'd care, it's got a lot of green in it I suppose. It's not like many games could provide them with a swathe of vibrant greens, yellows, and blues in a single screenshot >.>

Also, they neglected to mention Fate of the World's 'Doctor Apocalypse' mode I'll bet. Which happens to be the prize for winning.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
you know, for the longest time I thought that these guys were like the gossips who would tell people anything and everything they heard just for the sake of saying something, but rather they seem to be more like the kid who shoves crayons up his nose so people will look at him.

Man, I've written paragraphs shorter than that sentence.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
When did we started caring about the awfull and lackfull opinions of Fox News?

They always try and start a war against gamers and everything else... they always lose...

According cartoons Evil never triumphs over the good forces, hence games=The good and the just and Fox=The weak and pathetic Imp that tries to run over hell, but can't (for reasons that would start another discussion i will refrain myself from telling the reason of why Fox can never run hell, and just be a part of it...)

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
teh_Canape said:
man they are stupider than argentinian national news networks

and they got fucking tricked into believing that Grogg is a real drink
Butbut... o_O It is!

Its a mix of rum, brown sugar and boiling water.

Another variation is rum and weak beer... But you have to be a mid 1700 sailor to like that -_-