Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Perhaps in the context of the actual game, had Fox News' writers played Duke Nukem Forever, they'd have realized its status as a parody of the cigar-smoking "man's man" action hero, though to an extreme a degree as you can get.
If Fox News' writers played Duke Nukem Forever, they'd still spout the same bullshit they already have because that's what Fox News does best. It still amazes me that anyone listens to anything Fox News says and I can't believe they haven't been sued for false advertising with that "fair and balanced" slogan they so wrongly use.

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
HOO FLIPING RAH FOX NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!

OT: Honestly nobody does, they are just massive trolls almost as bad if not worse as Jack Thompson
they are just stirring more conterversity into a game that will THRIVE on it, Potencailly making it better.

what twats...

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
SinisterGehe said:
brainslurper said:
SinisterGehe said:
No one saw this coming... Well my friend didn't. (I won 5 euros in a bet)
Oh well this will be another box office success and then Fox calls someone on air to say that violent video-games turn people rapist/gay/violent/terrorist/democrat/lazy/drug user/sexist/horrible person in general.

Btw' about sexism. How can games turn people sexist if the female player base is increasing all the time and the amount of gamers that want to welcome women to games is increasing all the time... So when we accept women to our community, we are being sexist? Because that mean we don't believe women can handle being in their own comm...? wtf? Basically: anything I do, anywhere, in favor of any side - I will always be sexist?..

nvm...
you are wrong, if you are an anybody, you are a communazislamicratessive to fox news.
But I am nobody. :mad:
So what I am now? In the eyes of the great messiah of truth.
Golden rule of fox- if you exist, you are a nazi

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
Jesus Christ.

I'm a fan of Fox News(a regular viewer of the O'Reilly Factor), and this is too goddamn much.

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME!!

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Free advertising indeed. And what do they hope to achieve by this? Complaining on Duke Nukem being sexist and so on is like complaining that your dog is hairy.. It is just how things work in Duke Nukem.

KezzieZ

Sep 20, 2010
I knew this would be coming, but I still find it hilarious that nobody there seems to wrap their head around the fact that Duke Nukem is over-the-top on purpose.

I'm female and I honestly don't care about the game's treatment of women because it's a game running off of the cheese of the 90's; the main character is named DUKE NUKEM for crying out loud. Even if it did bother me, I certainly don't have to play it or even really acknowledge it past the ads I occasionally run into.

The only problem I have at all with it is the fact that I'm certain some irresponsible parent somewhere will get their 8-12 year old kid(s) this game and then maybe complain about it later for its various types of questionable content despite the fact that it's clearly rated M (and I think this one's pretty obvious even on the cover art itself since Duke is chomping a cigar, surrounded by explosions that are more than likely partially caused by him, and he's holding a gun suspiciously close to his package).

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I'm more surprised it took FOX this long to be scandalized. Although the best part is that they don't seem to get the whole parody angle.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Fox, just bury your head in the sand until the whole technology thing passes over. Of course the only thing you'll be able to report on is the nuclear holocaust and no one will care then anyway.