Fox News Takes Aim at "Offensive" Duke Nukem Forever

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's Fox News. They would have no real credibility if not for the legion of gullible fucks that keep their Nielsen Ratings high.
Unless Fox News has somehow acquired a time traveling device, and played DNF they shouldn't be making comments about the game itself yet.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
Oh please. Getting even a little worked up about Fox News crapping on Anything is a waste of good energy. Their hating doesn't surprise me one bit, nor does the fact that they actually think their opinion will matter to gamers.

3 points that Fox messed up on:
1--Their target audience doesn't care much for any video games, much less games like Duke Nukem. So no loss there, really.
2--I can't think of a single gamer that I know who actually watches Fox News. So even their sudo-review fell like that tree in the forest. Again, no loss.
3--Of the news that Fox News says "This game is bad" is perhaps better advertising for the Duke than could be hoped for. Certainly better than the EA debacle about "Your mother will hate it". Hmm...let me see, yup, 3 strikes and Fox is outta there.

I chuckle every time I see a bi-line stating Fox News...etc,etc...video game...blah,blah. Cause it's never any different from the last craproll they pooped out.

Aklyon

Jul 10, 2010
HankMan said:
The article also brings in an expert from the Women's Media Center that says Duke Nukem Forever "is even more offensive" than 1996's Duke Nukem 3D (has she actually played Duke Nukem's shooter debut?), and that the game's "depictions of women are extremely harmful, especially to young women."
Yeah! How DARE Duke Nukem step in on Sarah Palin and Twilight's turf?
Duke Nukem vs Edward. Someone figure out how that would go now!

soundoflights

Jul 4, 2009
They can make movies about sexist worlds they can write books about sexist worlds but they can't make video games about sexist worlds.... got it.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
You know what else is harmful to young women? Restricting their choices, and supporting a party that attempted to alter legislation that defined 'rape'.

F. F. S.

hitheremynameisbob

Jun 25, 2008
What I love is that in the article they say that the "only" thing stopping a kid from buying the game online is clicking a button that says they're 17. Nothing about how you have to have a credit/debit card. Nice. If the kid's parents don't realize that giving them a credit card enables them to buy just about whatever they want online, then they're idiots, and if they aren't watching the bill and asking little Jimmy what he spent sixty bucks on, then it's still their fault, but really this begins and ends with their decision to give their kid the thing in the first place.

Axelhander

Feb 3, 2011
Fox News is the mouthpiece of a political party that pretty much has sexism ingrained in its bigoted ideology.

fsmoothmadafkr

Jun 8, 2010
by this point fox news should know that all they doe is advertise the game, games that probably are going to do well, are going to do much better, i guess thats one good thing fox news does

Fippmeister

Dec 1, 2010
But what effect will the game have on those of us who already are sexist, chauvinistic assholes is what I wanna know. Is it safe for me to go through this entertainment, or will the satire-part of the game somehow damage my opinion that women in general should be kept on a running leash between the kitchen and the bedroom?
C'mon foxy; you're on the right line of information, so you might as well shed some help to those of us who video gaming has already destroyed.

Partezan

Apr 15, 2009
If they even touch one bit of Duke, if they censor anything, or give even an inch to feminists, Im quiting gaming forever, video games are being feminized so much as it is from "men" acting like little bitches and over masculine, annoying bitchy women, all the things I am tired of in real life, Duke is the last hope, last breath of fresh air

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
People who WERE going to buy this game, will not "see the light," and not buy the game. People who were not going to buy the game are only made more curious by this kind of content.

Misogynistic humor is not a bad thing, in and of itself. Because of how outrageously outdated the notion of female inferiority has become, games such as Duke Nukem are all the more appropriate.

Stip clubs EXIST.

Prostitutes EXIST.

This game is a collection of code, crafted by artists, to represent those realities in a satirical fashion. Try to wrap your mind around the inanity of this game were it NOT a satire, and was played by people who embrace misogyny. They would find the uncanny valley a little too close to home, I would wager. Alternatively, they would miss the value of the game entirely, turn off their computer (I didn't know they had them back in the 50's), and go about their normal wife beating business.

Autofaux said:
You know what else is harmful to young women? Restricting their choices, and supporting a party that attempted to alter legislation that defined 'rape'.

F. F. S.
*Offers Fox News some ice for that burn.*

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
fox news is fighting a losing war, what are they trying to do with this? dicourage people from buying this game? are you kidding me? after 12 effing years this better be good

Broax

May 17, 2010
The article begins with: "A new videogame that requires you to abduct women and give them a "reassuring slap" if they freak out has gamers and women's rights-groups crying foul."

Gamers are crying foul? Bejeweld gamers? The point of this game is to be offensive... It's like a one big troll attempt... I don't get it why these people have to make such a fuss about it... But it was expected... And it HAD to be fox news...

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
At this point, Fox running a disapproving story about a video game is like getting a stern taking to by your grandpa for watching a movie with a kissing scene in it or where the couple slept in the same bed together.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Eh, Fox News needs to find something news-worthy to report on, rather than just bagging video games all the time.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Duffeknol said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Duffeknol said:
Good. Very good. Give it some free publicity. The people that watch Fox News shouldn't be playing video games anyway.
Oh really? So, then, exactly what should we be doing, then? Yep, I watch fox news, and prefer to watch it over the communist news network, anyday, but what I watch is my choice... and it most certainly doesnt make me less of a gamer than you.

Anyway, I do prefer Fox News, but I hate it when they do this. On the plus side, though, the only thing its REALLY doing is drumming up more business for the game. Silver lining, and all that, you know. :)
I know I should deign this with a serious response but I'm afraid I'll get cut off half sentence and smacked in the face with some made up numbers and nonsense rhetoric, dunno why.
Actually, that wouldnt happen. I'm not a liberal. So you wont bother to answer what makes you have the right to play a video game, and not me? I'm waiting...