Franchise reboots you'd like to see

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Don Savik said:
JoshTheREfan said:
Resident evil needs a reboot so bad. The story is pretty terrible at this point and capcom keeps on adding things to the convoluted pile. If RE6 capped off the current continuity and a REboot was announced I would soil myself in happiness.
Resident Evil has always been campy zombie action flick material, from the very first game to this one. Nothing has changed except

a. better camera control
b. better combat
c. better enemies
d. better graphics
e. better dialogue

As a person who enjoys most of the RE games myself, I think you have the franchised confused with what YOU want it to be. Do I even need to link the live action opener for RE1? Good lord. Any more camp and it would start leaking out of your ears. The series has never been "HARDCORE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL HORROR" like most assume it is (why I have no idea). The first game was a third person shooter/ puzzle game if anything. I like the games, but I can't see why people are so butthurt about a game series going in a direction that it has been SINCE THE FIRST GAME.

All in all the games are fun to play. More enjoyable than most. If you don't like them fine, just stop going "OH WOE IS ME!!! RESIDENT EVIL HAS BECOME A SHADOW OF ITS FORMER SELF THAT I CANNOT BEAR TO LOOK AT!!! DRAMA!!!!!" Its quite embarrassing.
I think you misunderstood me. I just want them to get a simpler storyline back and bring the new mechanics into a new continuity. I am an RE fanboy through and through and I love all of the series but this is a reboot I would like to see.

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
Wow. I received a warning for saying that I wanted "Freelancer". I guess the forum mod doesn't like that game or something... :p

But really, how can there not be another one of these games?! Everyone loves them!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008

In the year of 1994, awesome platformers ruled. It was the age of Demon's Crest.
Music to the ears. Gothically beautiful to the eyes.
We were betrayed by the human company we had sworn to protect. Frozen in stagnation without a sequel for a thousand years, or at least eighteen.
Now here in the time of Marvel Versus Capcom 3. The spell of Firebrand's obscurity is broken...
He shall live again!

Also, a new Mischief Makers.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
George_Harvey_Bone said:
Masters of Orion. I've never looked forward to any game as much as I did MoO3... and the only thing in gaming that has come close to disappointing me as much, was the nonsense at the end of Mass Effect 3.

Perhaps I should just skip the third installment of all computer game franchises.
I misread that as Masters of Onion. What a game that would be.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Spyro and Crash Bandicoot need a reboot, they should revert back to how the early ps1 games were.

Also need a new FF Tactics.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Core Might & Magic games. They were awesome. I know there's a similar-style indie title at the moment set in an expanded dungeon; but it doesn't quite capture what M&M was.

I also hope the new Rainbow Six is a reboot and not a progressive title. I'm fed up of the quick-fire, rapid tactics attitude that many "tactical" games, especially this franchise, has developed. I would like to see a modernistic take on the old "Plan-Organise-Execute-Repeat" tactical shooter that it used in the 90's.
Take Rainbow's meticulous planning and team-design stages and combine them with a slighter model of the current squad-based shooters, whilst upholding its great difficulty for mission success, and you've made a golden AAA title right there.

That would be a game I'd buy twice over.

Also, Unreal. Give it an epic singleplayer story and make the multiplayer equal to a full game of Unreal Tournament/UT2004; but rebooted of course.

Not this Gears of War: Unreal Tournament 3 crap we had in '07.

I mean, sure, EPIC; Gears was great - but if I buy a UT game I want this:

Not this:

...and yes, that was UT3 in the second image.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Escape Velocity. OHhhhhhhh yes.

With full 3D graphics and movement, and maybe even proper on-foot roleplaying...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

captcha: it happens. Man, I hope this happens, but Ambrosia'd have to sell the franchise to a larger studio. :/

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gideonkain said:
Same answer I give every two weeks when this thread comes around: Soul Reaver
i see you Soul Reaver and raise you ALL FIVE GAMES in The Legacy of Kain.

picture if you will, updated graphics and improved gameplay, and the few remaining plot holes after Defiance dealt with.

it would shame anything Bioware has ever, or will ever do in terms of story telling ... >.> oh wait, it already dose XD HA!

OT:

Zone of the Enders.

donno why, but I'd like to see another (2 kinda wrapped things up nicely)

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Would love to see a new Dissidia game preferably on a home console or PC this time as duodecim was awesome much better than the average original.

Darkstalkers needs a reboot badly but this may be in development already (I hope).

Although I say reboots they just need continuations

Guilty Gear could also do with a reboot love that series but I think they ran out of ideas on what to do with it.

Valkyria Chronicles needs to come back as well and back on home consoles not on PSP cmon just do it already.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
WhiteFangofWar said:

In the year of 1994, awesome platformers ruled. It was the age of Demon's Crest.
Music to the ears. Gothically beautiful to the eyes.
We were betrayed by the human company we had sworn to protect. Frozen in stagnation without a sequel for a thousand years, or at least eighteen.
Now here in the time of Marvel Versus Capcom 3. The spell of Firebrand's obscurity is broken...
He shall live again!
you really wanna trust Capcom to not screw up a Demon's Crest reboot?

this is Capcom we're talking about, and Demon's Crest was the kind of awesome they are wholly incapable of producing anymore

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
A Space Station: Silicon Valley game would be AWESOME, I remember playing this game for hours when I was a kid on my N64.
A Banjo Kazooie game.
A Conker game.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Rise of Nations.

That would be an RTS I'd be interested in.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
erttheking said:
I wouldn't mind another banjo kazooie game...a PROPER banjo kazooie game.
I couldn't get the click clock wood theme out of my head this morning...

I'd like to see Age of Empires redone from 1, next gen graphics and all.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
The Gobots.

Released like, a month or something before the Transformers, and for a while was a strong contender until a bit into the first Series of G1.

If done right, it could be that contender again, the thing i liked about it was that there toy Transformations were EXACTLY the same as in the show, very simple (Pull the legs down, Pull the arms out, and flip the head, was the general transformation, then you had others which was basically flip the legs down and that's it.), however, this was also the toy line's biggest downfall. (And the names...Leader-1, Cy-Kill, Tank, Coptor, Dive Dive, Scooter (however he was the best out of them all), the list goes on.)

For anyone who doesn't know what The Gobots is...well...here.

Pretty much the same as Transformers, Good guys are called Guardians, bad guys are called Renegades. Who live on the Planet of Gobotron (sound familiar?) both factions are in the middle of a civil war, for some reason other than depletion of Energy (like in Transformers) a small force from each side travels to Earth, yada yada yada we have heard this. However the major difference is that they used to be Flesh creatures, like us, however there planet became cold, barren, and eventually (somehow) became metal. So the once called Gobotronians built huge Mechs and put (i think) there brains in said Mechs to survive and renamed themselves "Gobots"

I would LOVE to see a modern day version of these guys.

On a note, not seen this show since like forever, and i know this :') yeh im sad :(#

(I know this isn't a game, but it does say "Franchise" however a Gobot game would kinda cool >.>)

Reven

Feb 7, 2012
I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say KOTOR 3, Developed/written by Obsidian, I know the ending to KOTOR 2 was terrible, but considering they were given a whopping total of 13 months development time, I think that if they were given a proper budget and at least 2 years development it would be amazing. (Not to mention Obsidian i feel is the only company that seems to know how to write truly complex characters anymore)

Oh and i agree, there needs to be a new time-splitters

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
Terminate421 said:
Battletanx need's to be brought back from the grave and given a nice stimpak full of fresh new ideas that it HASN'T created.
I want to kiss you so bad.

I LOVED Battletanx back on N64. I used to play it to death.

OT: I want to see another Nuclear Strike/Soviet Strike game again. With all the next-gen shit out, why hasn't anyone considered a remake of the most fun helicopter action experiences?

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
bigfatcarp93 said:
DEADPOOL GAME. JUST DO IT.

Something over-the-top and violent, with DP being voiced by the guy who voiced him in Hulk vs. Wolverine.
Nice idea. I want a Lobo game. Bounty hunting on a big bad space chopper and fragging bastiches with a chain hook.

majora13 said:
Wayneguard said:
Wouldn't mind a reboot of Tenchu. More like a re-imagining. I would like to see Tenchu without the magic and gravity defying flips but with an emphasis on climbing/scaling walls & buildings and cool ninja gadgets. Idk seems cool to me.
Dude, yes. Especially now that From has made some cash of Demon's/Dark Souls. I liked Tenchu Z okay, but it felt cheap as hell with all the recycling of textures, jagged animations, throwaway plot, and general wonkiness. If they can make a Tenchu that has the same level of technical quality as Dark Souls my brain will explode.
Count me in. Tenchu was my favorite stealth/action game back then. I played it way more than MGS.