Franchise reboots you'd like to see

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Starlancer!

I never played Freelancer which was apparently a sequel but seemed like a completely different game. I loved Starlancers ships, universe and ever so slightly racist enemies.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Command and Conquer Tiberium universe.

Sure C&C 4 was bad but that doesn't mean C&C is dead. Just mean we had a bad game in the franchise.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Lunar Templar said:
WhiteFangofWar said:
you really wanna trust Capcom to not screw up a Demon's Crest reboot?

this is Capcom we're talking about, and Demon's Crest was the kind of awesome they are wholly incapable of producing anymore
Point taken. Five years ago I would've said yes, but after recent events it's clear that they are no longer the company they once were.

Give it to Retro. Those guys have perfected a formula for how to revive franchises while keeping in everything that made the games fun. If my reference wasn't an indication, I'd like a new one to be filled with massively tall Gothic structures to climb and glide from as you breathe demonic fire at your enemies. And give Arthur a cameo as a challenging boss fight.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
METAL MARINES! anybody remember that ? strategy games where you build your base and lob missiles and mechs at the cpu while he does the same...

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Viewitful Joe one of my favorite games on the PS2.

Jet Set Radio

Chu Chu rocket, I just want a copy on the PS network so I don't have to hook up my Dreamcast.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
WhiteFangofWar said:
Lunar Templar said:
WhiteFangofWar said:
you really wanna trust Capcom to not screw up a Demon's Crest reboot?

this is Capcom we're talking about, and Demon's Crest was the kind of awesome they are wholly incapable of producing anymore
Point taken. Five years ago I would've said yes, but after recent events it's clear that they are no longer the company they once were.

Give it to Retro. Those guys have perfected a formula for how to revive franchises while keeping in everything that made the games fun. If my reference wasn't an indication, I'd like a new one to be filled with massively tall Gothic structures to climb and glide from as you breathe demonic fire at your enemies. And give Arthur a cameo as a challenging boss fight.
that sounds awesome, i would totally buy that.

maybe add a new crest or two as a bonus

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
They need to reboot the Tony Hawk series. With today's console power, the environments could be amazing. All those out of bounds areas from the past could be removed in favour of huge, detailed levels. Oh, one can dream... unfortunately right now it's dead at the hands of Activision.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront.

Timesplitters.

Also a rather little known game called War of the Monsters. Hella fun game that, with todays graphics it would be brilltastic.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
personally I would love a re-release of the old Maxis sim games
expecally Sim park and Sim earth

unforunatly the rights to the Sim games is owned by fucking EA there's no way they would do anything nice like that even though they could just release them on steam and make a fortune

I mean did anyone not play those old games?
------

I would also jump for joy if someone did a proper reboot of spyro and took it back to the simple and light hearted style of the organal 3