"Frumpy Mom" Says Videogames Made by the Devil

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Anyone else want to spam the hell out of her facebook? With logical well thought out arguments that is, we don't want to in inadvertently prove her right. Who's in?!

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Good thing I'm already a Satanist.

Or else that'd be just insulting!

I think we all see the problem with her History here.

I won't comment further on it.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"Video Gamer" Says Frumpy Middle-Aged Moms Made by the Devil

Contributing columnist Raoul Duke Jr. had this to say: "Normally I am mocha-colored because she forces me to run about in the blistering hot sun, which is even closer to the horizon line this time of year and tends to reflect of the white snow and do irreversible damage to my tender eyes. Whenever she notices me returning to my normal shade of pallid, she starts lecturing me about how games are designed to turn us into a robots and how leaning forward in the chair and cursing at the TV all day is going to give me a 'bad disposition'. What a bunch of sci-fi horse-shit."

EDIT: Good thing Sir Isaac Newton wasn't too caught up playing MW2 to notice that one fateful apple and discover one of the unbreakable and ever-lasting features of our physical realm. Yep, good thing he didn't miss that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... stupid *****. I hope she gets beaned by a coconut. She'll probably think God had something to do with it.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I've got a bat if you've got an address...

OT: My mother always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

soulsabr

Oct 9, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
Overly-religious extremely conservative people are idiots. End of story.

If video games are made by the devil, then call me satanist and give me something to sacrifice.
I recommend Frumpy Mom. People like that make me laugh.

I'll say it here and testify to all my video game playing brothers and sisters! If it weren't for video games I would NEVER have gotten my engineering degree! And no, I didn't major in making games; I do robots. :)

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Right, cuz i totally didnt learn to finish algebra problems in less than 5 seconds playing WoW.
/end sarcasm

if videogames have taught me anything, its the following:

basic physics
quick thinking
math
reflexes i didnt even knew existed

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Logic 0 said:
Rage...building!

I thought we took those people out when we killed jack thompson, oh well more crazys to take out.
Quite appropriate since games turn us all into devil worshipping serial killers. Games are just an easy target for idiots like her that have nothing else to rage about.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
martin said:
Anyone else want to spam the hell out of her facebook? With logical well thought out arguments that is, we don't want to in inadvertently prove her right. Who's in?!
oh captain, my captain!

if only i had a facebook... :p

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
yersimapestis said:
madcap2112 said:
Well, that's what happens when you have the Internet; it gives voice to the voiceless. And by "voiceless" in this case I mean "stupid".
for some reason some of the stupidest, ignorant people are the most powerful
Yeah, well, that's life I guess. Pretty sad and unfair if you ask me.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I don't see what the big deal is.

A) wow a person made a blog and posted thier opinion. That's never happened before.

B) She is anti something and blames the devil.

C) Gamers can be just as fanatical as she is (just go to the gaming section and close your eyes and randomly click you will find at least one).

Although I must applaud the Escapist for supporting her. I mean all the hits she must have gotten from this article "Frumpy Mom" will be an E-celebrity in no time.

DevilSShadoW

Oct 29, 2009
"hey mom, since you took my DS away, I've been spending a lot of time pondering about the universe and I've got some questions:
-how big is the universe?
-are we alone?
-how can we overcome the boundaries put in place by the speed of light theory"

now here's what i think would happen:
"erm...uhh... honey, just go play with your DS, mommy's got stuff to do"

EmperorZoltan

Apr 9, 2008
anyone got a postal address? Imma send her a DS for christmas, and mabie a hewey decimal system sheet with all entries replaced with different gaming genres.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Wow.. just look at all the comments in reply to her article.. the vast majority disagreed, and completely fucking schooled her. She must be incredibly embarrassed. Probably won't change her mind, tho. My mom has the same views as her, by the way, only worse.