Fungal Dissident

Jan 12, 2012
So in this analogy, is Bowser some Shaka Zulu equivalent, leading a militaristic force of his people to cast out the foreign oppressors?

(Obligatory conspiracy theory that Peach is just the figurehead, and they keep her around to get kidnapped and distract Bowser so Toad Parliament can actually run mushroom kingdom)

mjharper

Can
Apr 28, 2013
I've never even played a Mario game (seriously, and I'm 40), and I thought this was hilarious.

The look on Peach's face is perfect.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Legitimately sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny, that's where we're at right now.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
So that's where the mushroom power-ups come from! Another one of life's little mysteries solved.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
So is this implying that Mario/Luigi are actually eating/absorbing/consuming in some way the dissident citizens themselves in order to grow to double their size? Is this a feature of all the citizens of the Kingdom or just the ones that get stuffed into the box?

It just raises further questions...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Remember when this comic was about video games, and not politics?

Revolutionary said:
Legitimately sounds like something someone on tumblr would actually think. For that reason I just couldn't find this funny, that's where we're at right now.
This post legitimately sounds like something someone on Tumblr would say, too.

Yay irony?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know I always wondered about that. Why IS peach in charge? In fact, how come her main enforcers aren't mushrooms either?

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
So in this analogy, is Bowser some Shaka Zulu equivalent, leading a militaristic force of his people to cast out the foreign oppressors?

(Obligatory conspiracy theory that Peach is just the figurehead, and they keep her around to get kidnapped and distract Bowser so Toad Parliament can actually run mushroom kingdom)
Seeing as how there was always a toadstool to tell you the princess was in another castle I think it's fair to assume that Bowser wants to enslave the "free" citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom. For the toadstools it's probably a case of better the devil you know.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I guess that would also explain why all the Toads sound as nervous as a cat in a rocking chair store in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
thundra said:
This why #istandwithbowser he is true ruler of mushroom kingdom
But he's not a mushroom either.

#IStandWithToadsworth

Look at this ************, and tell me he's not the rightful king.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
That would give her some real reason to rule, whats with royalty feeling they are different that their subjects.

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
zombiejoe said:
I thought they Toads were just wearing hats. Aren't they just wearing hats?
yes and No continuity is fucked in super mario. It's never consistent.

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
Andy Shandy said:
thundra said:
This why #istandwithbowser he is true ruler of mushroom kingdom
But he's not a mushroom either.

#IStandWithToadsworth

Look at this ************, and tell me he's not the rightful king.
I cannot argue with those mustache. They are truly magnificent. All hail Toadsworth.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I remember reading a bunch of speculation somewhere that Peach is a mushroom as well. I can't remember where it was but it was so insane it sounded possible.