Funniest message in a game.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
silent_spam said:
"whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never encountered an automatic weapon" -CoD4
LOL yup or how about"Cluster-bombing from a C47 is very accurate, the bombs alwase hit the ground"-CoD4

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Judge: I'm curious if you can keep your cavalier attitude, when 2,000 volts are running through your body.
Johnny Gat: Oh yeah? And I'm curious if you can keep acting like a douchebag when I shove that gavel, up your ass.

Gotta love Saints Row 2.

UncleOvid

Jun 24, 2009
I just played a translation hack of an old Famicom RPG-ish game called Sugoro Quest. In it, naturally, you acquire various armors and weapons and so on -- such as, for instance, the High Boots. Now, due to the formatting of the hack, only the first word of the equipment is preserved, so when you get the chance to upgrade your High Boots, you're rewarded with the message:

"Your High just got a little stronger."

Which I thought was pretty funny, until I upgraded my Wood Shield.

XD

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
A special way to end Maniac Mansion [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fnuDezZ0k0&feature=related].
Skip to 3:59 if you're impatient. Its just, a picture doesn't say it like the game itself can.
[small](ALso, am I the only one who thinks the sirens in MM1 are the creepiest thing ever?)[/small]

Also, Duke Nukem watching Oprah was awesome.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Army of Two. one of the tips was:

M163. Enough said.

Can't remeber the exact model of gun, but at the time it was pretty funny. Also the air-guitaring.
Its the HUGE hand-held minigun you can buy...

Jeyal

Apr 17, 2009
"You Suck." -- God, in Tony Hawk 2

"My career pretty much spiralled downward faster than you can say "Soak'em- -Nonlethal First Person Shootergame for Kids." -- Matt Hazzard, Eat Lead

BenOliver21

Apr 18, 2009
In Jak 3 when the monk exclaims: "THIS ISN'T A GAME", and then Jak and Daxter bewilderingly stare at the camera.

Portal is classic with this comedy also:
"The enrichment center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the enrichment center urges you to disregard its advice. If it could talk - and the enrichment center takes this opportunity to remind you that it cannot - it would tell you to go on without it because it would rather die in a fire than become a burden to you."

And in MGS2 when you're in GW and the colonel tells you to unplug your console since you've been playing an awfully long time.

Soet Poet

Feb 12, 2008
The best comeback is in Planescape: Torment!

Random Dude in Sigil: "Hey look, a floating skull!"

Morte: "Hey look, a talking turd!"

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
There was one on a gravestone in Baldur's Gate that always gets me:

"John Doe, looked up the mineshaft to see if the cart was coming. It was."

And then some of the messages in the Fallout games:

"Raider was critically hit for X damage. Unfortunately, their spine is now visible from the front. Raider was killed."

"Man was critically hit in the eys for X damage, causing severe blindness. As if there was any other kind."

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Red Faction Guerilla.

WTF?!?!?!? YOU KILLED YOUR BROTHER!!!

and of course....

THEY R SINKIN CITIEZ WITH A GIANT WORM!!!!!11!!!!!!

I laughed so hard I actually cried.... Good times!

Doomdiver

Mar 30, 2009
Griever18 said:
I love it when the "Colonel" breaks down in MGS2.

"You wouldn't be trying to give yourself a bogus score using some ingenious trick would you? That's just about as low as anyone could possibly stoop! I can't believe you sometimes..."

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock. I need scissors! 61!"
I prefer the Raiden quote "Colonel? I've got Emma Emmerich here... We've managed to avoid drowning!" He sounds so proud!

Also in the first Metal Gear "I feel asleep".

The Aimless One

Aug 22, 2009
"Remember: While your character doesn't have to eat, YOU DO!
we don't want to lose any dedicated players!"

Baldurs Gate 2 loading screen message.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Before Smash Bros. Brawl released in America, someone I know imported it from Japan and invited me over to try it out. Now and then we would finish a match and unlock a new trophy or stage or whatnot, which was always accompanied with a message that read "GET!" This was followed by a lot of Japanese writing that we didn't understand, but we didn't let that stop us from screaming in happiness like morons. :p

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
WoW: "Achievement: 25 fish!".
Well, the game counts everything you reel in as a fish; driftwood, seaweed, potions...
So I only caught 2 or 3 fish when I got that achievement.

It has another achievement for 100 "fish"