Funny events in anti-woke world

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've heard it theorised that because the official first family was black and boring (no weird scandals or anything), people took a greater interest in the Kardashians than they otherwise would have. Thanks Obama!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A young black girl in the White House. That's enough.
Conservatives frequently said the Obama daughters didn't dress like they had class - thin veiled insult that blacks don't belong among whites.
Or that they dressed like they were going on stage - again veiled that they were strippers.
Sean Hannity even said on a podcast about the two daughters going to the Bahamas for spring break they should bring Aspirin - written off as they're just booze hounds who will be hung over. In truth he was calling them sluts. "Keeping as aspirin between your knees" is a common conservative view of birth control. So long as your legs are close enough to keep an aspirin tucked in your knees, you're not a slut with open legs getting the ol' in-out.
Most of those Republicans can stop sticking their dicks in any holes or other places that don't belong, that no one was asking for.

Reactions: SilentPony

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Penny's lawyers are full of crap. "Didn't mean to kill him." my ass! You didn't even have to attack him in the first place you asshole! Forget the manslaughter, charge him for first degree murder.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Penny's lawyers are full of crap. "Didn't mean to kill him." my ass! You didn't even have to attack him in the first place you asshole! Forget the manslaughter, charge him for first degree murder.
The fact the homeless man said he wanted to die, and then the Marine immediately attacked him speaks to intent. He wanted to die, the Marine obliged. Meaning was intending to kill the entire time.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Agema works in higher education, I believe medical higher eduction. If anything, Fox News is the more normal situation. Most jobs, even for large corporations, don't have disciplinary tribunals like Agema would.
I don't think many places of employment would be particularly chuffed to find out their public representatives were sending bigoted, targeted attacks via messages, and any places that were fine with it would be in need of a cultural clean-up.

Admittedly I'm a little surprised Fox News gives a shit, as they frequently wear their prejudice on their sleeve. But of course there's a tipping point where the exposure becomes pure bad PR, even for somewhere like Fox.

Reactions: Dalisclock

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I don't think many places of employment would be particularly chuffed to find out their public representatives were sending bigoted, targeted attacks via messages, and any places that were fine with it would be in need of a cultural clean-up.
Most companies if they found out an employee was sending bigoted, racist or sexists or targeted attack messages would terminate that employee before lunch. Most people are "at will" employees. They have a job because the company says so, no more. They can and will be fired for anything and most companies have a PR team smart enough to know firing Bill from Accounting because he spends his free time as a Klan Grand Master is the better choice over going on MSNBC and trying to explain why Painters Pro's business message aligns with the KKK.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Most people are "at will" employees. They have a job because the company says so, no more.
I'm not familiar with that phrase (perhaps it's more common in the US than UK). Do you mean to say most employees are not contracted, or that their contracts have no terms protecting their employment? If so, that doesn't seem likely.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with that phrase (perhaps it's more common in the US than UK). Do you mean to say most employees are not contracted, or that their contracts have no terms protecting their employment? If so, that doesn't seem likely.
"At-will" employment is basically that there is no real contract to protect the workers. In all but one of the states, they practice "at-will" employment, which basically says that an employer can fire a worker at any time, for any non-discriminatory reason. In essence, you have a job through the employer's good will.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
"At-will" employment is basically that there is no real contract to protect the workers. In all but one of the states, they practice "at-will" employment, which basically says that an employer can fire a worker at any time, for any non-discriminatory reason. In essence, you have a job through the employer's good will.
Basically this.
I'll give you a good example. My mom works for Cigna. Huge pharmaceutical contracts with the Department of Defense. She's in IT and one of her coworkers attended the Jan 6th riot. He never stormed the capitol or anything. But he posted on his Facebook pictures of him in MAGA clothing, Capitol in the background, yadda yadda.
Itself not against the law, and therefore no Government charges. Cigna fired him the next day. They didn't want any attention from DoD or have someone like that around.
He was "at-will" as Bob put it, at the employer's good will. He had a job not through a Union, but simply because Cigna agreed he did have a job. And then they disagreed.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"At-will" employment is basically that there is no real contract to protect the workers. In all but one of the states, they practice "at-will" employment, which basically says that an employer can fire a worker at any time, for any non-discriminatory reason.
Basically this.
I'll give you a good example. My mom works for Cigna. Huge pharmaceutical contracts with the Department of Defense. She's in IT and one of her coworkers attended the Jan 6th riot. He never stormed the capitol or anything. But he posted on his Facebook pictures of him in MAGA clothing, Capitol in the background, yadda yadda.
Itself not against the law, and therefore no Government charges. Cigna fired him the next day. They didn't want any attention from DoD or have someone like that around.
He was "at-will" as Bob put it, at the employer's good will. He had a job not through a Union, but simply because Cigna agreed he did have a job. And then they disagreed.
Every day I become more and more glad I don't live in the US.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Basically this.
It's the inherent Irony of this.

Conservatives/Republicans heavily lobby and fight to prevent any kind of restrictions on what Corporations can do in general.

Then they get upset when those corporations use that unrestricted power and the person who gets fired is a conservative because it makes the company look bad and threatens reputation and sales.

They're getting exactly what they wanted but now it's hurting the wrong people. If it were a liberal getting fired for saying they read the communist manifesto once, they wouldn't blink an eye.

This came up after people got fired after Jan 6 and certain people were arguing that their rights were being violated by companies for free speech. People, you don't have free speech rights as far as your employment is concerned most of the time. They can fire your ass for anything unless your job is union protected(and by far most of them aren't, thanks Conservatives/Republicans). Now that someone who kinda agrees with you got fucked, suddenly you're in favor of the government stepping in to regulate this? It's so incredibly self serving and it only matters now that their ox has been gored.

Or to put it in meme form:

You hate Corporations because they put out a woke commercial and fire people who boost facist insurrectionists.

I hate corporations because they pollute the environment, Bust unions, pay starvation wages, have outside influence in congress and society, support autocratic regimes such as china and have legal personhood despite facing little more then a moderate fine if they commit crimes. They face no repercussions for any of this most of the time beyond a fine which often amounts to a rounding error in their accounting and they'll just fire people to make up for it.

We are not the same.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The fact the homeless man said he wanted to die, and then the Marine immediately attacked him speaks to intent. He wanted to die, the Marine obliged. Meaning was intending to kill the entire time.
And it wasn't his call to make. Neely never attacked nor threatened anyone. All Penny and those other two men had to do was leave him alone, if they're were that bothered by him. The other two should be charged as well for assisting Penny.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I can see disrespectful. I can maybe see bratty and/or spoiled, as far as they are related conduct to being disrespectful. But how do you get slutty from a teen girl rolling her eyes at her dad giving a bullshit speech about a turkey?
"Can't you control your women?! MY women know that they'd be 'running into a doorway' a few times if they pulled that!"

C'mon, guys, you're almost there. Just say "we felt like shooting him so we shot him".

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Jesus also never used indoor plumbing or electricity. Checkmate conservatives.
Jesus also said to pay your taxes, feed the poor, don't molest children, slut shaming is bad, and that self protection is bad.
Conservatives have never been Christian. Church goers were just a very easy mark.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Jesus also said to pay your taxes, feed the poor, don't molest children, slut shaming is bad, and that self protection is bad.
Conservatives have never been Christian. Church goers were just a very easy mark.
Reminds me of The Brick Bible where they illustrated Acts 4:32-5:11 under the heading "Communism or Death".