Funny events in anti-woke world

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Today I learned that the reason Ken exists is because some losers didn't like Barbie being single.

In a Vogue profile for the upcoming Barbie movie, Gerwig shared that Barbie, who was created in 1959, was tied to Ken two years later, and it was a direct response to letters from the public yelling about Barbie being single.

Yes, you read that right. People were furious that a plastic doll did not have a boyfriend, so they created the greatest himbo to walk the planet: Ken.
Sometimes, you just got to laugh at humanity.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Isn't it amazing how people like this see a slippery slope from "including minorities" to "semen in our lemonade"?
Partly I think it's because of the sharp line between Us and Them. If minorities aren't Us and people who put semen in lemonade aren't Us, they are Them and thus the same. People used to assume gay people were into bestiality or child abuse presumably at least partially for the same reasons.

Partly I think it's because including minorities isn't scary by itself, you have to really dial it up.

Reactions: Absent

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Partly I think it's because of the sharp line between Us and Them. If minorities aren't Us and people who put semen in lemonade aren't Us, they are Them and thus the same. People used to assume gay people were into bestiality or child abuse presumably at least partially for the same reasons.

Partly I think it's because including minorities isn't scary by itself, you have to really dial it up.
Both fuse as the same reason. It's about fabricating and widening the divide between us and them, constructing and legitimizing an in-group identity in contrast to a repulsive out-group.

Anyway.

Yeah, some amendments are more sacrosanct than others. The self-sustaining mystical argument "but it is the Amendment decided by our Saint Founding Fathers" works when it consolidates the Cult of the Gun (and its market). Outside that, it loses its weight pretty fast.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Of course. Being slammed mercilessly in the ass by a more dominant white alpha is the greatest, whitest and manliest thing one can aspire to.
Insert here as many jokes about Ancient Greece and Rome as taste and knowledge of antiquity will allow.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Apparently in ancient Athens they didn't go in for penetrative gay sex so much, they'd put it between the other guy's thighs, IIRC.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I think, and I might be wrong, that's a feeble stab at a joke. Given how funny a lot of right wing "humour" is, it's often hard to tell.
For context, one of the other things in the headlines right now is the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, who among their schticks have done parodies of the Catholic mass except the chalice they share is filled with fake semen.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Was that the rule for all of Greece or was the Athenian method just for the non-committed butt sex enthusiast?
Well, Athens is one place in Ancient Greece we've got lots of evidence for (Sparta and later Macedonia were the other big ones), we can't really say for sure what the rest of Greece was like on lots of issues.

We can say for sure that people who should know better like assuming that the rest of Greece was like Athens without evidence. So you've got leeway for whatever answer you want.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, Athens is one place in Ancient Greece we've got lots of evidence for (Sparta and later Macedonia were the other big ones), we can't really say for sure what the rest of Greece was like on lots of issues.

We can say for sure that people who should know better like assuming that the rest of Greece was like Athens without evidence. So you've got leeway for whatever answer you want.
Well, when in Athens, do as Athenians do I guess.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Somehow we got to the particulars of Hellenic man-on-man lovin, but let's keep going.

Unrelated, but with pride months coming up, will conservatiives technically be ascetics since oodles of companies become off-limits cuz too woke?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Somehow we got to the particulars of Hellenic man-on-man lovin, but let's keep going.

Unrelated, but with pride months coming up, will conservatiives technically be ascetics since oodles of companies become off-limits cuz too woke?
Nah, some entrepreneuring people will come up with anti-woke alternatives with a 300% markup and rake in all the moneys.