Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I seem to recall our illustrious government was trying to get in some legislation to make the Church subject to the same mandatory reporting guidelines as teachers and social workers etc in cases of child sexual abuse. Where did we end up landing on that?
I think Qld mandatory reporters are teachers, child care educators, police, nurses and doctor only

Which is far too little in my opinion

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
"Woke" is the new boogeyman. Check your kids' closets to make sure woke isn't waiting to attack them while they sleep!
They need to come up with a new name. Woke (or even wokescold) just doesn't sound as good as the spectre of communism, the Red Menace, the Yellow Peril, falling dominoes, Irish outrages or other boogeymen from yesteryear.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
They need to come up with a new name. Woke (or even wokescold) just doesn't sound as good as the spectre of communism, the Red Menace, the Yellow Peril, falling dominoes, Irish outrages or other boogeymen from yesteryear.
Why? Woke is short, punchy, easy to remember, can be said with a hard "R", and most importantly, means whatever you want.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
"Woke" is the new boogeyman. Check your kids' closets to make sure woke isn't waiting to attack them while they sleep!
Charlie Kirk: "I'm going through my refrigerator and I'm starting to ask the question: Was this ketchup bottle woke? Is this mustard? I mean, literally."

And he actually earns a living with routines like that? I guess it must be what PT Barnum was saying about 'some of the people'.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
By woke does he just mean trans? Trans-ketchup?
Fridges are woke in and of themselves. I mean, a bunch of milk and meat products that can't even keep themselves cold by their own bootstraps!? What good Christian family man freezes their meat? You eat meat, you don't freeze it like some commie.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
By woke does he just mean trans? Trans-ketchup?
He means, "made any statement of support, or even mild acceptance, of social liberalism on the topics of race, gender, sexuality, or gender identity".

What Charlie Kirk (and quite a few other social conservatives) want is a system of censorship for companies, but under the pretence of anti-censorship. Thankfully, they know that plenty of enraged right-wingers will put so little thought into it that they'll decry censorship while endorsing censorship, so long as its in the direction they like.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Pure distilled anti-woke madness.
See, I actually had to look into why the Church won't allow women to be pastors, and I found this:

So, like a whole bunch of other things the Church tries to enforce, it's selective enforcement of a handful of Biblical passages, for no other reasons than to consolidate power and exclude others.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
So, like a whole bunch of other things the Church tries to enforce, it's selective enforcement of a handful of Biblical passages, for no other reasons than to consolidate power and exclude others.
Depends on the church. Numerous Protestant denominations have accepted women priests for decades.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Pure distilled anti-woke madness.
Small correction, the church were already expelled, they were voting on whether or not they should be allowed back in. iirc they voted something like 90% no. Also I think they used to ordain women about 70-80 years ago but then they changed afterward.

Anyway, I'm not sure why the small church care whether or not they allowed in the "no girl allowed" club, sound like a lame club.