Country
United States

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Still nothing to do with what you claimed.
Clearly, someone has reading comprehension problems. I claimed Hillary was for natural gas. I provide evidence multiple times.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Now the vast rock is tossed aside for all to see, it is pleasing to watch the horrid critters squirm and scurry.

For some stupid reason it won't let me post without the huge gaps, for crying out loud.
Racisminc.com?

You know, that sounds like something someone would use as a joke about where racists like to hang out but....yeah....

Well, no one accused these idiots of being smart.

As for them getting hacked and exposed......

OH NO......Anyways.....

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Clearly, someone has reading comprehension problems. I claimed Hillary was for natural gas. I provide evidence multiple times.
No, you very explicitly claimed that

Because previously these same centrist goons argue for natural gas over solar.
without actually showing proof of it. You showed links to her promoting natural gas, sure. You did not show links to her promoting natural gas over solar.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No, you very explicitly claimed that

without actually showing proof of it. You showed links to her promoting natural gas, sure. You did not show links to her promoting natural gas over solar.
The law of opportunity cost means for one thing to happen, something else cannot be done. If you subsidize natural gas plants, you cannot spend that money on solar panels.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
The law of opportunity cost means for one thing to happen, something else cannot be done. If you subsidize natural gas plants, you cannot spend that money on solar panels.
Only if the two choices are mutually exclusive. There is no mutual exclusion at the level you're claiming for those two particular federal government expenditures especially when the US has complete control over its monetary supply. There's also thousands of variables that you have (very clearly) ignored in favor of mindless rhetoric such as institutions/companies/etc with research ready to be funded and other bottlenecks on solar power production/improvement than funding that would make it a literal waste of cash.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Only if the two choices are mutually exclusive. There is no mutual exclusion at the level you're claiming for those two particular federal government expenditures especially when the US has complete control over its monetary supply. There's also thousands of variables that you have (very clearly) ignored in favor of mindless rhetoric such as institutions/companies/etc with research ready to be funded and other bottlenecks on solar power production/improvement than funding that would make it a literal waste of cash.
Disagree, you can't just spend how every much you want on whatever you want, what about inflation. Hillary Clinton is a shill for natural gas, and Vox used to be a shill for natural gas. We can argue semantics all day long in favor of liberal elites maintaining power. They were wrong.

Also, there are other ways to get baseline power without resorting to natural gas. Like Thorium nuclear power, regular nuclear power, and a nationwide grid that transfers power across the country.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Disagree, you can't just spend how every much you want on whatever you want, what about inflation. Hillary Clinton is a shill for natural gas, and Vox used to be a shill for natural gas. We can argue semantics all day long in favor of liberal elites maintaining power. They were wrong.

Also, there are other ways to get baseline power without resorting to natural gas. Like Thorium nuclear power, regular nuclear power, and a nationwide grid that transfers power across the country.
Lmao, as if there's any political will to push through massive increases of nuclear power that's going to be effective before I can retire.
You can get people to sign off on a gas plant way before a nuke plant

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
A reasonable answer is that we'd want some spare production capacity to turn on at will to back up renewables. The coal and oil stations will be retired, and these become the last generation acting as the reserve to provide the extra when and where needed.

The reality is that you're basically right, it's all fucked. Outside the dreams of progressives, the fossil fuel lobby is too rich, too powerful, too well-connected. They have an entire pet party to do their bidding, and if necessary can bribe a handful of the Democrats to make sure nothing passes that will substantially impede their profits. So pragmatists like Clinton create a compromise to try to keep them on-board that will give some improvement, rather than froth, rage and beat their heads against a wall impotently for another 20 years with oil and coal merrily being burned to the max.
That's a surrender that will doom millions at the most generous level. At no point is it ever acceptable at this point to argue for increased fossil fuels. Pointing out that NG is better than coal is all well and good, we already extract NG as it is, it needs no further help. There is literally 0 reason to push it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

The only thing I learned is that the journalist here(in the interview, not the fact-checker) doesn't know anything about geopolitics, there were no nukes in Hati, and Bosnia was in Eastern Europe an area with lots of ex-soviet nukers, but that didn't come up in that idiot of journalists mind. If there is a destabilized Bosnia, other countries in the region like Ukraine could follow, and Ukraine has had nukes.

It's not that Hati has black people, and therefore the US/Biden doesn't care about black people.

Also, Facebook quotes with no context designed to siphon away Biden's lead with African Americans are funny.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Racisminc.com?

You know, that sounds like something someone would use as a joke about where racists like to hang out but....yeah....

Well, no one accused these idiots of being smart.

As for them getting hacked and exposed......

OH NO......Anyways.....
In the endeavour of fairness, we've arranged a performance for their song.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-67.jpg

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
You claimed there was a campaign by vox against solar when Hillary was in election mode and that only now are they in favour of it despite something something godqueen Hillary. Despite their archive of articles showing this is false.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You claimed there was a campaign by vox against solar when Hillary was in election mode and that only now are they in favour of it despite something something godqueen Hillary. Despite their archive of articles showing this is false.
Well, I'd point out that Vox isn't a monolith and I would say there were some journalist were Bernie Bros and others Clinton lovers. If I remember correctly.

2016 was when I used Vox less as they weren't as critical of Obama and focused on the election more

Reactions: Gergar12

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I have a theory that AOC is being blackmailed by the establishment democrats like Nancy Pelosi to vote present on the iron dome bill.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That's a surrender that will doom millions at the most generous level. At no point is it ever acceptable at this point to argue for increased fossil fuels. Pointing out that NG is better than coal is all well and good, we already extract NG as it is, it needs no further help. There is literally 0 reason to push it.
The war is lost, so a conditional surrender is the best option. Otherwise you're just Hitler in his bunker, dreaming of fantasy armies that will save the day and throwing away even more lives to make a futile point.

The fossil fuels industry won. It entrenched itself into the corridors of power and mindset of Americans years ago so successfully that it cannot be uprooted. There is literally nothing that the Democrats can do. About 40-45% of the USA is convinced they're a bunch of un-American, woke, wimpy, naive, liberal, communist fascists who'll destroy the country. The Democrats can argue for total, immediate eradication of fossil fuels, and all that's going to do is make that 40-45% of the USA even more determined to kick them out of government, lavishly funded by the enormously rich and powerful fossil fuel companies put at threat.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I have a theory that AOC is being blackmailed by the establishment democrats like Nancy Pelosi to vote present on the iron dome bill.
And let me guess, the complete lack of evidence that this is happening is exactly the evidence "proving" your theory? At some point, you should probably stop to consider how many of the conspiracy theories you spout on this forum use that exact same reasoning and question why...

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The war is lost, so a conditional surrender is the best option. Otherwise you're just Hitler in his bunker, dreaming of fantasy armies that will save the day and throwing away even more lives to make a futile point.

The fossil fuels industry won. It entrenched itself into the corridors of power and mindset of Americans years ago so successfully that it cannot be uprooted. There is literally nothing that the Democrats can do. About 40-45% of the USA is convinced they're a bunch of un-American, woke, wimpy, naive, liberal, communist fascists who'll destroy the country. The Democrats can argue for total, immediate eradication of fossil fuels, and all that's going to do is make that 40-45% of the USA even more determined to kick them out of government, lavishly funded by the enormously rich and powerful fossil fuel companies put at threat.
If we're doing Hitler in his bunker, pushing for more fossil fuels out of a sense of defeat is being Hitler shooting himself in the head.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If we're doing Hitler in his bunker, pushing for more fossil fuels out of a sense of defeat is being Hitler shooting himself in the head.
Hitler wasn't the most apt comparison, just all I could think of at the time for someone trying to achieve what the forces against them were always going to squash.