Funny events in anti-woke world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's more than that, it's paranoid delusion. If a woman in a game isn't traditionally attractive it's a purposeful attack on them. 'Them' being men who like traditionally attractive women, which I guess they're afraid to run out of or something. You hear the phrase from reactionaries all the time; made ugly on pupose. So much narcissism hides in those four little words. If a woman is beautiful, then that's normal, and I feel safe and comfy. But oh, if a woman is ugly, then there must be a purpose to it, a sinister purpose, like the eradication of all beauty. :eek:
"We can't have women thinking that there might be more to life than looking good for me!"

Reactions: BrawlMan and Absent

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
What's funny about being finding it funny? Its a grown man either having a complete meltdown over something silly, or a grown man overplaying the grift waay too much. In either case its not at all strange that people will find it both hilarious and pathetic.
But if they're silly why should it matter?

There's people who get upset or personally dislike plenty of trivial things but masses of people on the internet don't suddenly pour of the the woodwork because I dunno they really don't like inverted controls in game?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
For me it was the other way around. Tsushima is a far better game with story and characters than The Last Of Us Part 2 could ever hope to be. TLOUS II it's nothing more than a 14-hour snuff film and torture porb put in video game form. Tsushima is a samurai epic with heart, love, tears, any actual passion put into it, with genuine humanity. I'll take 30 plus hours of Tsushima over 14 hours of wannabe "deep and dark" misery. I care about what happens to Jin and nearly everyone else. I don't care what happens with Ellie, Abby, and the other pious and self-righteous factions involved.
Hey, that's fine. (y)

I only mentioned it, because despite coming down hard on TLoU2 I still think it's an exceptionally well made game, in terms of level design, combat design, combat scenarios, power scaling etc. And eventhough I hate most of the story it's still a story that retains its focus throughout, never veering off so Ellie can do an extra mission where she can get a new gun. It always keeps its eye on the story and characters, and for a game with a 25+ hour duration that's nothing to sneeze at. It'd be even better if said story wasn't so far up its own miserable asshole, but still.

And yes, eventhough Neil Druckmann needs to get the fuck over himself, he's still a good writer, and a pretty good director as well. I mean, I never liked Dan Hauser's writing, but I wouldn't call him a bad writer, just a writer I find thoroughly unpleasant. Similar to Kojima really, allthough with him it's not unpleasant but embarrassing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"We can't have women thinking that there might be more to life than looking good for me!"
Right if we're doing this shit again I'm stepping in.

This is an actual female body builder

She looks better than Abby.

Part of the big issue with Abby is they used two different women to combine the torso one one and the head of the other for the character thus people thinking she looks ugly are literally being impacted by the uncanny valley aspect of the two being combined and I've heard it be mentioned before that it relates to different fat distributions and them not matching up between the face and the body etc.

But then we get into the whole "You just hate her because she's a strong woman" which was trotted out again and again in defence of Abby when she's literally as if not more unrealistic than many of the female characters that were being lambasted as unrealistic and harmful to women pushing unrealistic body standards.

Oh and add to all this it's very clear with how the game was designed that it was specifically done to try and make people feel like Abby is the good person with a series of situations where Abby is made to come up as empathetic and merciful while Ellie is made to come off as a monster.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Maybe tell that to Feels Babyface. He could've just had a chagrined chuckle. Instead he acted like someone just cut off the head of baby infront of him... over pronouns.

Dude is fuckin' pathetic.
Dude did that ~ 5 minute complaint, as part of a 2+ hour livestream.

In context, I'd go with hyperbole to entertain his audience somewhat as 2 hours is a lot of airtime to fill and not everyone can be Hasan Piker and just play other peoples videos all stream.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

And?

Screenshot-2021-03-03-at-11.26.13.png

This is an actual woman. She looks better than Ada Wong. See how this explains nothing but personal preference?

Dude did that ~ 5 minute complaint, as part of a 2+ hour livestream.
Yes, 5 minutes of yelling and spitting at the camera, because he saw 'He/Him'. Hence why no one talks about the rest of that livestream.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And?

View attachment 9669

This is an actual woman. She looks better than Ada Wong. See how this explains nothing but personal preference?
Not really comparable is it when you're picking an actual Hollywood actress

Yes, 5 minutes of yelling and spitting at the camera, because he saw 'He/Him'. Hence why no one talks about the rest of that livestream.
So why are people so focussed on him and that 5 minutes?
Seems super weird to me to watch person after person come out and declare how it doesn't matter in a massive wave almost needing to knee jerk react about how little it totally matters.........

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You know I don't know if I should keep dragging this out more or not because with that response suggesting I'm missing the point well.

So should would you like me to give you the reason for the music?

If you can't see why, if you really can't... there's really nothing else left to say that can't just as well be said to a wall.
No because people get pissed over stupid stuff regularly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hey, that's fine. (y)
Thank you.

nd eventhough I hate most of the story it's still a story that retains its focus throughout, never veering off so Ellie can do an extra mission where she can get a new gun. It always keeps its eye on the story and characters, and for a game with a 25+ hour duration that's nothing to sneeze at. It'd be even better if said story wasn't so far up its own miserable asshole, but still.
The focus ain't worth it in this case.

he's still a good writer, and a pretty good director as well. I mean, I never liked Dan Hauser's writing, but I wouldn't call him a bad writer, just a writer I find thoroughly unpleasant
Druckkman is bad writer, as far as I'm concerned, and nearly up there with David Cage.

Similar to Kojima really, allthough with him it's not unpleasant but embarrassing.
At least Kojima can be positively entertaining even with his moments of sniffing his farts. I never felt embarrassmentwhen playing most of his titles. If I did, it's still better shitty edge lord fan fics.

Maybe tell that to Feels Babyface. He could've just had a chagrined chuckle. Instead he acted like someone just cut off the head of baby infront of him... over pronouns.

Dude is fuckin' pathetic.
You shouldn't be too surprised; this is Dwarvenhobble you're talking you. He'll cry and make pathetic excuses for whimps like The Quartering and Feels Babyface (that man is defintely a big man baby). He made shitty excuses for ultra right, so it's no surprise here.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
It's also telling that what they consider "ugly" is just anything they don't like. Like as someone who finds muscular women attractive the outrage about Abby I know what I like isn't what everyone likes but the freak out was genuinely baffling.
We all know these guys don't care about faces as long as they have barely concealed breasts to look at. It's why Mortal Kombat's Mileena can be considered a sex symbol despite looking like she's part shark. Even the faces in MK9 could be pretty awkward if you weren't distracted by the gravity defying chests.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Part of the big issue with Abby is they used two different women to combine the torso one one and the head of the other for the character thus people thinking she looks ugly are literally being impacted by the uncanny valley aspect of the two being combined and I've heard it be mentioned before that it relates to different fat distributions and them not matching up between the face and the body etc.

But then we get into the whole "You just hate her because she's a strong woman" which was trotted out again and again in defence of Abby when she's literally as if not more unrealistic than many of the female characters that were being lambasted as unrealistic and harmful to women pushing unrealistic body standards.

Oh and add to all this it's very clear with how the game was designed that it was specifically done to try and make people feel like Abby is the good person with a series of situations where Abby is made to come up as empathetic and merciful while Ellie is made to come off as a monster.
Funny how people suddenly started caring so much about realism in a game series with fungi-headed zombies.

Anyone who actually paid attention to the cut scenes instead of being angry over Joel's death would see that the game is not trying to make Abby or Ellie come across as any more righteous or evil than the other. This isn't a story about clear cut good and evil characters, execution of the idea aside.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Pretty sure that's a female crossfit athlete. Could be wrong. But she doesn't seem to have the proportions or aesthetic of a bodybuilder.

Edit: and that looks like she's performing either a dumbell snatch or jerk which are not bodybuilding exercises.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Funny how people suddenly started caring so much about realism in a game series with fungi-headed zombies.
That's because women better have a damn good reason to be in any action oriented franchise. If a man is in an action movie or game it's par the course, but a woman... we'd better pull out that scrutiny kit.

- Does she look strong enough?
- Is it realistic for her to be that strong?
- Does her being and looking strong make her come across too much like a man?
- Is she likeable i.e. not too feminist?
- Is she hot enough?

To be fair, the Left is guilty of this too, focussing heavily on whether or not a female character in a regularly male dominated genre is good enough to leave the right impression, instead of just letting these characters be warts and all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To be fair, the Left is guilty of this too, focussing heavily on whether or not a female character in a regularly male dominated genre is good enough to leave the right impression, instead of just letting these characters be warts and all.
True, but those on the Far Right, Ultra Conservative, or those claiming to be "Neutral" (but not really) are far more vocal and louder about it for the past several years. With that said, those on the Left who pull that shit can fuck off too.

Reactions: Cicada 5