Funny events in anti-woke world

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
“Not afraid to push our country, or a journalist, in the right direction, if it comes to that,” Spacey continued, referencing a scene in “House of Cards” where Underwood pushes journalist Zoe Barnes (played by Kate Mara) in front of a train before she had the chance to expose his wrongdoing.
Because that's not absolutely bone-chillingly vile.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It's a bit more spiteful than that, seems more like people who have to shit on others to make themselves seem better by comparison. A sign of weak character and low self-esteem, I think (not What is good about me? but rather What is bad about someone else?).
If you're saying you're good at XYZ, you also effectively saying that others are worse at it. Who doesn't verbally (or at least internally) call someone an idiot when they're driving when someone does something idiotic? Isn't, for any reason, correcting someone when they're wrong effectively saying they are bad at knowing whatever that thing is? Probably part of the human psyche needs to feel you are better than others at at least some things so you have confidence yourself. Also, literally the post above yours is saying that people that vote for a certain party are racists, but that's OK?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
If you're saying you're good at XYZ, you also effectively saying that others are worse at it. Who doesn't verbally (or at least internally) call someone an idiot when they're driving when someone does something idiotic? Isn't, for any reason, correcting someone when they're wrong effectively saying they are bad at knowing whatever that thing is? Probably part of the human psyche needs to feel you are better than others at at least some things so you have confidence yourself. Also, literally the post above yours is saying that people that vote for a certain party are racists, but that's OK?
No, you're reading too much into people being dicks on the internet.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Huh? It's just another of the infinite amount of spots on the internet where people are complaining about things. The people trying to say being fat is okay and healthy are the more dangerous, even official government doctors are now saying this bullshit. Pushing messages/agendas to further people's delusions is bad. Trying to talk with a family member/good friend about being overweight isn't obviously easy and that subreddit seems like a place for people to mainly vent that frustration, rather harmless in the end compared to seeing the healthy heart icon on a box of cereal or being messaged to drink low fat/skim milk instead of whole milk or tons of other backwards nutritional advice present everyday (that's why people are overweight).
Well, it depends. Some women are overweight as a defensive measure to counter sexual assault. Is it unhealthy very likely yes as too much of something is always bad? As for being overweight most people who try to change that in other people are idiots. The key to being less overweight isn't exercise it's eating less, but if you lose too much weight that too can be dangerous over a short period.

It's not ultimately exercise or even eating less that will solve it. It's likely medicine and certain types of counteracting pills and or injections. Plus it's also about incentives and disincentives. We live in a country where junk food has ads everywhere. Eat Chips, eat ice cream, etc. And we are surprised that some people fall through the cracks. Do I think eating potato chips should be like smoking with scary ads, and high regulation... no. But it should be somewhere in between healthy foods like vegetables and fruits and smoking where ads aren't everywhere, and people aren't treating it like smoking. Because every time you smoke you are harming yourself, but that is less harmful for BBQ chips, cookies, etc.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I am not putting this in the gaming section since it's more political than anything else.

Okay, it's one thing to vote with your wallet, it's another thing to get people fired. Do I like Yomi's views, no. Do I like Furina's design yes. But that's not the point. If the anime community gets this woman fired for her political views, and the only people designing female characters are men we will get worse characters. I don't want waifu after waifu. Look at Tower of Fantasy, full of waifs and no one plays it. We need better-designed characters, the problem with Western games is that almost every character isn't a wafiu with some exceptions mostly in the past. We need a diversity of character designs and that will likely come with a diversity of people making them. Do I want her to make every Genshin character or even most of them, NO. Do I want her to say some yes!!!

The problem I had with Lyney was that he was shit, and he looked bad, and it was a waste of good character and time. His damage numbers were too low, and he was bait for people to spend money. It was a dumb balance, and design choice on Hoyoverse's part.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
If twin toast video format of Kevin spacey/tucker weirdness is also desired (though reading shouldn't be avoided kiddos!);

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, you're reading too much into people being dicks on the internet.
Complaining about people being wrong is inherently being a dick on the Internet? Because that's like the entire internet. What does it matter if its about weight or movies? It's not like that Reddit is about people just straight up making fun of fat people.

Well, it depends. Some women are overweight as a defensive measure to counter sexual assault. Is it unhealthy very likely yes as too much of something is always bad? As for being overweight most people who try to change that in other people are idiots. The key to being less overweight isn't exercise it's eating less, but if you lose too much weight that too can be dangerous over a short period.

It's not ultimately exercise or even eating less that will solve it. It's likely medicine and certain types of counteracting pills and or injections. Plus it's also about incentives and disincentives. We live in a country where junk food has ads everywhere. Eat Chips, eat ice cream, etc. And we are surprised that some people fall through the cracks. Do I think eating potato chips should be like smoking with scary ads, and high regulation... no. But it should be somewhere in between healthy foods like vegetables and fruits and smoking where ads aren't everywhere, and people aren't treating it like smoking. Because every time you smoke you are harming yourself, but that is less harmful for BBQ chips, cookies, etc.
It's not really about eating less, it's about eating real food. If someone tries continuing their current bad diet but just eating less of it, it's not gonna work; they will be hungry all the time and eventually give up and say diets don't work. After just switching to eating real foods, I can go basically all day not eating and I'm not even hungry until dinner time. There's a few days that I don't eat dinner until 9:30-10:30pm so I have to do lunch those days. Dieting shouldn't ever be a struggle to where you're trying to not eat when you're hungry. I never ever counted calories (or did some point system) and never didn't eat when I was hungry.

I have one friend that complains that her doctor says she has to lose weight because she says no matter how little she eats, she can't lose weight. It's not how much, it's what. I have another friend that says her medicine made her fat (delusions). I have another friend that's probably 500 pounds at least and he's gonna get that surgery to remove part of his stomach next year fortunately as he has tons of health issues and it's all due to his weight (and he's not even 35). The last friend story that I have is a friend about 5 years ago seemed like he was doing good a losing weight but then gained most of back and told me recently that was like the most miserable he's been because he was hardcore working out and using basically sheer willpower to eat less.

School and the government has taught everyone to eat poorly; the war on fat, the backwards food pyramid, heart checkmark on cereal, eggs are bad, etc. About 80% of the grocery store isn't real food. Of course fast food is even worse. I don't even understand why people go to fast food, you can get real food just as fast if not faster. For example, if I want Mexican food to go, I go to a real Mexican restaurant (there's tons of them) and place a carry out, the food is ready in like 5 minutes tops, and it's way better tasting and way better for you than Taco Bell (I don't understand the point of Taco Bell honestly).

Most medicine for weight loss is pretty bad for you and just incentives people to continue eating poorly. Like ozempic has horrible side effects, I know people who've been on it (and don't change their diets), and you're supposed to constantly take it for life, I'm thinking a recall on that drug is gonna happen at some point. I can see using ozempic as a tool for weeks/month worth of its appetite suppression to get people off their sugar/carb addiction easier but that would be it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Complaining about people being wrong is inherently being a dick on the Internet? Because that's like the entire internet. What does it matter if its about weight or movies? It's not like that Reddit is about people just straight up making fun of fat people.

It's not really about eating less, it's about eating real food. If someone tries continuing their current bad diet but just eating less of it, it's not gonna work; they will be hungry all the time and eventually give up and say diets don't work. After just switching to eating real foods, I can go basically all day not eating and I'm not even hungry until dinner time. There's a few days that I don't eat dinner until 9:30-10:30pm so I have to do lunch those days. Dieting shouldn't ever be a struggle to where you're trying to not eat when you're hungry. I never ever counted calories (or did some point system) and never didn't eat when I was hungry.

I have one friend that complains that her doctor says she has to lose weight because she says no matter how little she eats, she can't lose weight. It's not how much, it's what. I have another friend that says her medicine made her fat (delusions). I have another friend that's probably 500 pounds at least and he's gonna get that surgery to remove part of his stomach next year fortunately as he has tons of health issues and it's all due to his weight (and he's not even 35). The last friend story that I have is a friend about 5 years ago seemed like he was doing good a losing weight but then gained most of back and told me recently that was like the most miserable he's been because he was hardcore working out and using basically sheer willpower to eat less.

School and the government has taught everyone to eat poorly; the war on fat, the backwards food pyramid, heart checkmark on cereal, eggs are bad, etc. About 80% of the grocery store isn't real food. Of course fast food is even worse. I don't even understand why people go to fast food, you can get real food just as fast if not faster. For example, if I want Mexican food to go, I go to a real Mexican restaurant (there's tons of them) and place a carry out, the food is ready in like 5 minutes tops, and it's way better tasting and way better for you than Taco Bell (I don't understand the point of Taco Bell honestly).

Most medicine for weight loss is pretty bad for you and just incentives people to continue eating poorly. Like ozempic has horrible side effects, I know people who've been on it (and don't change their diets), and you're supposed to constantly take it for life, I'm thinking a recall on that drug is gonna happen at some point. I can see using ozempic as a tool for weeks/month worth of its appetite suppression to get people off their sugar/carb addiction easier but that would be it.
Cooking real food is hard, you have to learn it. And takes so long. I know how to cook somewhat, and the cleaning, cutting, and cooking takes so damn long. For people who don't want to do that. You have to go to Costco and or Trader Joe's or maybe Whole Foods if you are rich. Then if you like me a real picky eater you need to hunt for a precooked meal you like. This isn't hard for places like Costco or Trader Joe's, but you have to be near those places, and their food is pricer.

Here's what I recommend if you are middle class or above you need a Costco membership fullstop, trader's Joe's if you are near it too, and prepare then eat their frozen meals if you don't want to cook or can't. If you are a working-class person you need to go to Walmart; the fruits and vegetables area, and the frozen meats area. And just YouTube the cooking recipes. There is also a frozen food area.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Cooking real food is hard, you have to learn it. And takes so long. I know how to cook somewhat, and the cleaning, cutting, and cooking takes so damn long. For people who don't want to do that. You have to go to Costco and or Trader Joe's or maybe Whole Foods if you are rich. Then if you like me a real picky eater you need to hunt for a precooked meal you like. This isn't hard for places like Costco or Trader Joe's, but you have to be near those places, and their food is pricer.

Here's what I recommend if you are middle class or above you need a Costco membership fullstop, trader's Joe's if you are near it too, and prepare then eat their frozen meals if you don't want to cook or can't. If you are a working-class person you need to go to Walmart; the fruits and vegetables area, and the frozen meats area. And just YouTube the cooking recipes. There is also a frozen food area.
Siri, what are food deserts and food swamps?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I have another friend that says her medicine made her fat (delusions).
I know you've previously been thoroughly shat on about your health and nutrition knowledge on these forums, but it's always nice when you give little snippets which expose your attitudes and cluelessness.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I know you've previously been thoroughly shat on about your health and nutrition knowledge on these forums, but it's always nice when you give little snippets which expose your attitudes and cluelessness.
Medicine funny enough made me gain 30 pounds from being very under weight to having a normal BMI. So yes this statement is false.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Siri, what are food deserts and food swamps?
I guess if I were a more right-leaning person I would say that it's due to looting, and the businesses near food deserts not being profitable. But they are places with no grocery stores, and vegetables, fruits, and meats. All precooked meals, and fast food.

It sucks and likely requires government intervention.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

I am not putting this in the gaming section since it's more political than anything else.

Okay, it's one thing to vote with your wallet, it's another thing to get people fired. Do I like Yomi's views, no. Do I like Furina's design yes. But that's not the point. If the anime community gets this woman fired for her political views, and the only people designing female characters are men we will get worse characters. I don't want waifu after waifu. Look at Tower of Fantasy, full of waifs and no one plays it. We need better-designed characters, the problem with Western games is that almost every character isn't a wafiu with some exceptions mostly in the past. We need a diversity of character designs and that will likely come with a diversity of people making them. Do I want her to make every Genshin character or even most of them, NO. Do I want her to say some yes!!!

The problem I had with Lyney was that he was shit, and he looked bad, and it was a waste of good character and time. His damage numbers were too low, and he was bait for people to spend money. It was a dumb balance, and design choice on Hoyoverse's part.
What exactly are her views?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
View attachment 10379

Taylor Swift and the NFL is anti-American?
Not just anti-American, but the most anti-American, or close enough that that claim can be made.

I would also add that the health effects of weight are massively misrepresented in the general public. And, also in the medical community, endless, endless stories of people being told by a doctor their condition was due to weight and finding out later it was something else the doctor would have bothered to look for if they were skinny.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I forget where I heard this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I recall hearing that medically, pound-for-pound, being underweight is actually more unhealthy than overweight. As in, it is not good for your health to be 50 pounds over your ideal weight, but it's even worse to be 50 pounds under that weight.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I forget where I heard this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I recall hearing that medically, pound-for-pound, being underweight is actually more unhealthy than overweight. As in, it is not good for your health to be 50 pounds over your ideal weight, but it's even worse to be 50 pounds under that weight.
Sounds reasonable, putting on an extra load doesn't seem as bad as getting rid of parts you need, so to speak.

(Oh, and because of how BMI works, having lots of muscles can make you obese)

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You silly poor, not content with your guaranteed lifetime job with six figure salary, covered bennies and full retirement?

Just accept graft from your rich buddies, and enjoy the lavish lifestyle that god intended for you. Amen.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You silly poor, not content with your guaranteed lifetime job with six figure salary, covered bennies and full retirement?

Just accept graft from your rich buddies, and enjoy the lavish lifestyle that god intended for you. Amen.
Should have pulled himself up by his bootlaces. He had about the fanciest most pull-up-able bootlaces possible.