Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
*checks up a map*

*calculates what hour this post was posted in local time*

...do you work odd hours?

If this is not any of my business I respect that.
I sleep late and have ADHD. Plus I quit my last job because it wasn't worth the commute, I wasn't getting challenged, and I didn't find much meaning in it. I still have a part-time remote weekend role.

Edit: Plus I am getting background checked for a role, and I like it so I am just bored on weekdays.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
This is exactly what I mean by you just ignoring stuff that disagrees with you, and why giving you evidence when you ask for it is a complete waste of time. The article states:

"Efforts to address systemic and implicit biases in law enforcement are unlikely to be effective in reducing the racial disparities in the criminal justice system as long as explicit racism in law enforcement continues to endure. There is ample evidence to demonstrate that it does."

It provides a clear rationale for the links between individual racism and systemic racism, but instead you've just ignored all of that and picked out a small chunk to subvert it to your own prejudices on the matter. This is a form of dishonesty. If you are not genuinely interested in evidence, stop asking for it.
What are you talking about? I'm asking for evidence that the far-right is a significant cause of said racism, not that the racism doesn't exist. This fear of the far-right is so unfounded.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
What are you talking about? I'm asking for evidence that the far-right is a significant cause of said racism, not that the racism doesn't exist. This fear of the far-right is so unfounded.
Even if the far-right wouldn't be the cause of institutional racism, they perpetuate it, condone it and fight any measures designed to analyze and curtail it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Even if the far-right wouldn't be the cause of institutional racism, they perpetuate it, condone it and fight any measures designed to analyze and curtail it.
He is correct though; fear of the far-right is unfounded... unless you're trans... or gay, or black, or asian, or a woman, or muslim, or jewish.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I am actually trying to tackle the point under contention, rather than try to sidestep it with irrelevance and straw men like you are.
Again what are you talking about? This is where you came in. Where has anyone shown any evidence about the far-right causing institutional racism? How is the far-right "bad news" in terms of institutional racism? Who's doing the straw manning, huh? Just saying the far-right is racist and have gotten jobs as cops is literally exactly "intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument". You guys act like the far-right is some existential threat, just like how the right treats the far-left as well.

1706385951021.png

---

How do they have enough people in positions of power to perpetuate it?

I guess you got the far-right infiltrating the democratic party or the far-right is totally incompetent. Probably the most damaging form of institutional racism is the school system and liberal (not conservative) areas have the worst institutional racism.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
He is correct though; fear of the far-right is unfounded... unless you're trans... or gay, or black, or asian, or a woman, or muslim, or jewish.
LMAO, why don't you go walking around the highest crime areas of Chicago and ask the communities if they are afraid of crime perpetrated by the far-right? Ask the Asians in Chinatown if they are afraid of the far-right.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
LMAO, why don't you go walking around the highest crime areas of Chicago and ask the communities if they are afraid of crime perpetrated by the far-right? Ask the Asians in Chinatown if they are afraid of the far-right.
I did, and they said they were.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Again what are you talking about? This is where you came in. Where has anyone shown any evidence about the far-right causing institutional racism?
The problem with the far right in organisations is in the link I recently supplied, which I then used a representative quote to explicitly express in #13,418. And I'm far from the first or only person to make that point.

As far as I can tell, your argument seems to be that because institutional racism was not specifically designed into organisations by the far right upon the founding of those organisations, therefore the far right do not cause institutional racism. Which makes about as much sense as arguing that the Nazis didn't cause any antisemitism because the Romans started it.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Which makes about as much sense as arguing that the Nazis didn't cause any antisemitism because the Romans started it.
It's not "the Nazis didn't cause any antisemitism because the Romans started it", it's your implication that the far-right is the only thing worthy of criticism.

It's like if the whole world was running out of cheese, and you specifically and narrowly criticized the French for it.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
It's not "the Nazis didn't cause any antisemitism because the Romans started it", it's your implication that the far-right is the only thing worthy of criticism.

It's like if the whole world was running out of cheese, and you specifically and narrowly criticized the French for it.
You know, that sounds like a perfectly valid point.

Obviously the regular right also shares in the blame.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

Fuck that whataboutery and straw man bullshit.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Fuck that whataboutery and straw man bullshit.
Reread your conversation with Phoenix the last couple pages. You have shifted the argument multiple times. His argument has clearly been that the far-right lack significant enough numbers or influence to be a significant factor in systemic anything as a matter of scale.

You've acted like he said there's no racism, he didn't say there's no racism. You've tried to frame his argument as the far-right is blameless because they didn't found the institutions, also not something that was said. He referenced how little violence is done, he referenced small numbers of people, he pulled the line out of your source validating that perspective. It's not whataboutery or strawman that you can't seem to see the argument as it is.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Reread your conversation with Phoenix the last couple pages. You have shifted the argument multiple times. His argument has clearly been that the far-right lack significant enough numbers or influence to be a significant factor in systemic anything as a matter of scale.
Sure. Let me dig out the relevant quote from the source again:

"Efforts to address systemic and implicit biases in law enforcement are unlikely to be effective in reducing the racial disparities in the criminal justice system as long as explicit racism in law enforcement continues to endure. There is ample evidence to demonstrate that it does."