Funny events in anti-woke world

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No, I don't understand Mr. Tate and I'm a little afraid to.
At core, the post is designed to make his adherents think and talk about it, thus both helping Tate seem like a wise guru-type figure, and secondly maintaining attention on what he says he does.

So, firstly serial killers will not threaten Tate when they have reason. This is a lesson that you should be someone who earns respect, that people will not mess with and even fear, plus with inferrable macho posturing for that crowd. At another, it's about discipline and success: spend your energy and efforts on where it will most benefit you. Finally, it also presents Tate as polite and respectful, who doesn't start unnecessary (physical?) fights.

Honestly, it's probably the cleverest thing I've ever seen from him. It's not that clever or deep, but it seems an effective way to present himself and his brand.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
View attachment 10503
No, I don't understand Mr. Tate and I'm a little afraid to.
Translation: Tate is a prison biatch. This isn't the first time he's done one of these "there was no altercations/problems between us fellow prisoners" bullshit. To the same nothing more than another grandstanding to his echo chamber and cult.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Okay, that's a thing, at least. But it's a great deal more than that.

The organisation that tends towards being a monoculture also likely has greater difficulty understanding people from other backgrounds, has less empathy for them, and therefore becomes inclined to treat them worse. The lack of familiarity with difference within the organisation may make it become hostile to difference - harder for outsiders to fit in if they seek employment, thus disadvantaging them. It will make it harder for the organisation to recognise and deal with individual racism amongst its members, and easier for individual racism amongst its members to flourish and influence institutional attitudes towards institutional racism. This is even without considering that overt, mass individual racism was fundamentally part of the development of the organisation in the first place, and set the whole show running. Just as context here, consider that in the USA, deeply embedded racism predated the founding of the country itself, and thus some degree of racism was fundamentally embedded in its institutions from the start.

It is absolutely irrational to think that institutional racism and individual racism are two completely separated phenomena, such that they don't interact, feed off and reinforce each other.

That's not really true, though, is it? We can, and through various links already have, shown that the far right are a problem in terms of racism within US institutions. What you in truth mean is "None of you have shown evidence that satisfies me that the far right increasing institutional racism." The issue here being that you are not reasonable: you've made your mind up and refuse to accept you might be wrong. Thankfully, the world can move on and process reality irrespective of your opinion.
Huh? Silvanus posted a single link about racism not even in the US and had nothing to do with the far-right. And, iirc, Terminal posted a link about the far-right becoming cops. And...? You think people that are far-right can't get jobs in all types of fields, you think these people are not working or specifically targeting the police? You're acting like this is some smoking gun. There's nothing showing there's more far-right people in the police vs Walmart for example. If I were to go to Japan and apply for jobs, I bet if I was equally qualified as another Japanese applicant, they'd pick the Japanese one over me. That doesn't mean they are individually racist. Japanese people there are just a more known "commodity" as they have a shared culture and have usually have certain values they abide by whereas someone like me would be less likely to shared those values that they find important. During the interview process, you don't really get to know the candidates very well so you will just naturally stereotype/generalize when you have more than one candidate that's qualified for the job and you will tend towards the safer vs what you feel is riskier. That's just how human psychology is.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Huh? Silvanus posted a single link about racism not even in the US and had nothing to do with the far-right. And, iirc, Terminal posted a link about the far-right becoming cops. And...?
There were more links supplied than that - I'm pretty sure I put some in. But here's another one, plus all its 100+ references that you can gratuitously ignore to your heart's content whilst insisting "THERE'S NO EVIDENCE" because you're not willing to read/accept any of it.

You think people that are far-right can't get jobs in all types of fields, you think these people are not working or specifically targeting the police? You're acting like this is some smoking gun. There's nothing showing there's more far-right people in the police vs Walmart for example.
Yeah. But you surely appreciate the different sort of powers that can be exercised by Walmart employees and THE POLICE. Because Walmart employees can't fine someone, or shoot them and get away with it because *wink wink* "I felt threatened and he looked like he was gonig for a gun" *wink*, or bust in their front door, plant cocaine on and arrest them, and all the other things the police are empowered to do that the average joe isn't. Don't get me wrong, racists in Walmart can almost certainly make someone feel thoroughly shitty, maybe even for a few days. But they don't exercise anything like the sort of power and leverage that the police, many public officials and so on can.

The military probably are slightly less of a concern in terms of daily shitbaggery, but on the other hand, I don't know how happy I am about dangerous racists with extensive combat training, because if they do feel like murdering a load of people, they might be unusually good at it. What gives me a lot of relief about terrorism is how incompetent a lot of terrorists are.

If I were to go to Japan and apply for jobs, I bet if I was equally qualified as another Japanese applicant, they'd pick the Japanese one over me. That doesn't mean they are individually racist.
If we were talking about Japan, I might actually care. Although I would also reiterate that I don't think you can readily draw the sort of boundary line between individual and institutional racism that you seem to want to.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Holy shit. So the jury at his murder trial wanted life in prison, but the judge over ruled them and went for the death penalty. Alabama botched a lethal injection two years ago, so now they're experimenting with nitrogen gas hypoxia, something veterinarians don't like using. Supreme Court gives the go-ahead in the face of an 8th amendment violation argument about cruel an unusual punishment without saying why.

They should at least have to say why. It would probably change some votes, if they had any shame

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Holy shit. So the jury at his murder trial wanted life in prison, but the judge over ruled them and went for the death penalty. Alabama botched a lethal injection two years ago, so now they're experimenting with nitrogen gas hypoxia, something veterinarians don't like using. Supreme Court gives the go-ahead in the face of an 8th amendment violation argument about cruel an unusual punishment without saying why.

They should at least have to say why. It would probably change some votes, if they had any shame
Gotta love conservative Christian morals. Nothing says "turn the other cheek" like lethal human experimentation.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
There were more links supplied than that - I'm pretty sure I put some in. But here's another one, plus all its 100+ references that you can gratuitously ignore to your heart's content whilst insisting "THERE'S NO EVIDENCE" because you're not willing to read/accept any of it.

Yeah. But you surely appreciate the different sort of powers that can be exercised by Walmart employees and THE POLICE. Because Walmart employees can't fine someone, or shoot them and get away with it because *wink wink* "I felt threatened and he looked like he was gonig for a gun" *wink*, or bust in their front door, plant cocaine on and arrest them, and all the other things the police are empowered to do that the average joe isn't. Don't get me wrong, racists in Walmart can almost certainly make someone feel thoroughly shitty, maybe even for a few days. But they don't exercise anything like the sort of power and leverage that the police, many public officials and so on can.

The military probably are slightly less of a concern in terms of daily shitbaggery, but on the other hand, I don't know how happy I am about dangerous racists with extensive combat training, because if they do feel like murdering a load of people, they might be unusually good at it. What gives me a lot of relief about terrorism is how incompetent a lot of terrorists are.

If we were talking about Japan, I might actually care. Although I would also reiterate that I don't think you can readily draw the sort of boundary line between individual and institutional racism that you seem to want to.
Where's the evidence of the far-right causing or adding or continuing institutional racism? I didn't say there were no cops that are far-right. I said it's like impossible to not have people of the far-right (or far-left) in the police or Walmart or wherever. People don't tell the interviewers when applying for a job that they are in some extremist group.

From your article:
Obviously, only a tiny percentage of law enforcement officials are likely to be active members of white supremacist groups.

And, that's my point, hardly enough to be leading police departments to continue or increase racist policy. And I posted that study of far-right and far-left murders and the far-right commits more murders but it's something like 12/year on average. There's that many homicides in a week in Chicago. I highly doubt the vast majority of people living in high crime areas are concerned about/living in fear of far-right violence.

You're going to have institutional racism develop in places where there's a majority of a certain type of people, it really is just human nature. It's why when people came to America they formed communities with people of the same the race/culture vs just dispersing randomly across the country. And it doesn't have to be raced based either, people with common interests will stick together and be more cautious with "outsiders". When you have races forming and living separate, when then races come together, people of other races with be the "outsiders". When races integrate together over time, there will still be outsiders but it won't be race-based anymore. Everyone has "their people". Just like cops treat other cops completely different because they are "their people". Same thing for military veterans or teachers.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I have stated that immigration needs to be throttled, but the one policy that seems oblivious to it. The remain in remain-in-Mexico policy is tantamount to cruel and unusual punishment. First Mexico is dangerous, cartels rule the streets. There is a high possibility of people lingering to get raped, trafficked, abused, beaten, and killed.

Furthermore, in a better world, Biden would give up more funding from the US government to deal with this issue. But since he can't do that I propose that he lead a marketing campaign to get some of the migrants to stop going to a top ten metro, and to go to a Top 11-20 metro like my city of Columbus where we could use better restaurants, food culture, and a broader more open public life. Sort of like the EU's migrant sharing. But of course that won't happen either. I am stuck in boring Columbus Ohio with no culture other than fucking American football and beer both of which I find boring.

I would kill for some actual food from Latin America.

I may one day have to draft a letter to Biden on this.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Furthermore, in a better world, Biden would give up more funding from the US government to deal with this issue. But since he can't do that I propose that he lead a marketing campaign to get some of the migrants to stop going to a top ten metro, and to go to a Top 11-20 metro like my city of Columbus where we could use better restaurants, food culture, and a broader more open public life.
Immigrants tend to go where there are jobs. In our current world job creation and opportunities tend to be highest in major cities, so they tend to go to major cities. Some cities that have recognised the desirability of immigrants to support their economy have run campaigns / policies to entice them, but many may not due to the risk of deep unpopularity given public hostility to immigration.

Where's the evidence of the far-right causing or adding or continuing institutional racism? I didn't say there were no cops that are far-right. I said it's like impossible to not have people of the far-right (or far-left) in the police or Walmart or wherever. People don't tell the interviewers when applying for a job that they are in some extremist group.

From your article:
Obviously, only a tiny percentage of law enforcement officials are likely to be active members of white supremacist groups.

This is exactly what I mean by you just ignoring stuff that disagrees with you, and why giving you evidence when you ask for it is a complete waste of time. The article states:

"Efforts to address systemic and implicit biases in law enforcement are unlikely to be effective in reducing the racial disparities in the criminal justice system as long as explicit racism in law enforcement continues to endure. There is ample evidence to demonstrate that it does."

It provides a clear rationale for the links between individual racism and systemic racism, but instead you've just ignored all of that and picked out a small chunk to subvert it to your own prejudices on the matter. This is a form of dishonesty. If you are not genuinely interested in evidence, stop asking for it.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
But since he can't do that I propose that he lead a marketing campaign to get some of the migrants to stop going to a top ten metro, and to go to a Top 11-20 metro like my city of Columbus where we could use better restaurants, food culture, and a broader more open public life.
*checks up a map*

*calculates what hour this post was posted in local time*

...do you work odd hours?

If this is not any of my business I respect that.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra