Funny events in anti-woke world

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I just don't even know what they want anymore. Do they know what they want?
The usual claim is that Hades 1 Aphrodite makes her face look "manly". Personally, I think it's a consequence of the shading and pose (the way the arms are posed makes her face look more angular in a way that doesn't give a very feminine impression) they're using that's unflattering.

They've been pushing the whole 'Japan understands' narrative for a couple of years now.
Weird choice for a group simultaneously accused of being white nationalists, given that they're not from Japan and Japan is generally very not white.

You know what, QAnon or otherwise if someone can provide actual evidence that an election software company is doing anything with their software other than accurately counting votes, or can show that they're getting funds from candidates and the candidates paying them are tending to win then they absolutely should hand it over to the relevant LEO and also make the evidence very public. That of course assumes such evidence actually exists.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Weird choice for a group simultaneously accused of being white nationalists, given that they're not from Japan and Japan is generally very not white.
It is weird, but these folks tend to have a heavily distorted understanding of Japan, often filtered through otaku culture rather than the reality of it. I suspect more than a few would become disillusioned very quickly if they had to live there for an extended time.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Japan is also ~98% ethnically Japanese, so you can see why there might be a certain affinity there.

And indeed it's very common. For example, autocratically-inclined nationalists the world over esteem and admire each other: Meloni, Orban, le Pen, Trump, Putin, etc. and all their supporters. The reason being is that all look at each other and see people like themselves - helped by having general common enemies (i.e. liberal democracy and internationalism). At the same time they also kind of hate each other and would slit each other's throats (well, invade) at the blink of an eye, because nationalists of different nations.

Reactions: Satinavian

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
And indeed it's very common. For example, autocratically-inclined nationalists the world over esteem and admire each other: Meloni, Orban, le Pen, Trump, Putin, etc. and all their supporters. The reason being is that all look at each other and see people like themselves - helped by having general common enemies (i.e. liberal democracy and internationalism). At the same time they also kind of hate each other and would slit each other's throats (well, invade) at the blink of an eye, because nationalists of different nations.
That depend on the demagogue. The Italian fascist at least seems to realize she has a country to run and has done her duty in terms of opposing Russian aggression, and as horrible as the Polish PIS party was they too realized Putin was a danger to them. Trump and Orban however chose to slobber all over Putin's lap rather than regard him as a danger and a competition. Trump seems particularly gleeful to directly sacrifice American interests to Putin.

While in their hearts of hearts they are Russophiles I can see Wilders and Le Pen very begrudgingly doing their job and opposing Russian expansion even if purely out of opportunism.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Japan is also ~98% ethnically Japanese, so you can see why there might be a certain affinity there.
I've actually been looking into that, because claims on the internet are always worth checking, and that statement is slightly misleading. 97.8% of the Japanese population are Japanese citizens, but as long as you're a citizen the government statistic bureau doesn't much care about your ethnicity. There's no doubt that Yamato Japanese make up a large proportion of that 97.8% figure, but there's still a lot of ethnically Chinese and Korean folks, indigenous natives, descendants of naturalized foreigners, mixed kids, etc. that are also part of that percentage. The remaining 2.8% are explicitly non-citizen

Not that that matters to the white Japanese nationalists who live in Ohio, but it's an interesting facet regardless.

Reactions: Satinavian

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Is THIS what they want?

View attachment 11182
No, more in the realm of this...
one-punch-man-ha-mostrado-recientemente-un-lado-de-tatsumaki-nunca-antes-visto.jpg

...or this.
d7b380266fc9e8562b2e3b8505385312.jpg

And I purposely choose characters from shows I actually like just to prove how Japan apparently can't NOT do this. There ALWAYS has to be this weird creepy shit even when something is actually good.

You have something like Little Witch Academia which is all teen girls and NO creepy shit and it feels like seeing a fucking unicorn.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So Yasuke or some other black samurai is teased to be the lead of Assassin Creed Samurai. Now he's obviously not Japanese and the far right will have a field day with that....but of course they had the same reaction to William Adams not being Asian either.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Still learning about CIA/UK coups against leftist leaders/governments, this time Australia 1975. Can't be nationalising your mining industry am afraid. Tsk. There is no end to this RW capitalist cuntfuckery. There is no fucking democracy for actual left wing politics.

Is increasingly important to keep in mind the extensive history of underhanded undemocratic tactics and not lose sight of maintaining tight forward-moving solidarity required to even hope of overcoming such deeply rooted systemic deathgrips on power, though is tricky as an overly socially anxious person tbh but am working on it for better and worse.

Last edited:

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That depend on the demagogue. The Italian fascist at least seems to realize she has a country to run and has done her duty in terms of opposing Russian aggression, and as horrible as the Polish PIS party was they too realized Putin was a danger to them.
Poland is a slightly different matter because Poland and Russia have a border and a particularly difficult history, but yes Meloni is an exception to the rule. It might be conviction, but might just be she's in the same sort of place as le Pen and Wilders, but with less baggage of past comments and quicker to align with political expediency. Meloni is I think a bit cannier and pragmatic than many of her further right bedfellows (or required to be by circumstance): more willing to be or appear co-operative.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Hades