Funny events in anti-woke world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Look, I know you got caught saying something somewhat stupid, but please don't spiral out
Nope, I just said getting rid of pandemic policy for school lunches isn't depriving needy kids of lunch.

Other people have said more ridiculous things like closing schools for 18 months saved tons of lives and was worth it. That's crazy talk.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
bestiality wife part is a bit spicy.
And still legal in a few states. Mine is one of them. It's a weird club to share with like Hawaii, New Mexico and Wyoming.

Mostly because we got rid of our old law against being gay by just repealing it but it was one of those "crimes against nature" type laws that included several otherwise unrelated forms of sexual conduct, including bestiality. The idea was to repeal the old law and replace it, but it never got replaced.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
For the record, that picture of the Diary of Anne Frank is not being removed, the book in question is "Anne Frank's Diary: the Graphic Adaptation", a graphic novel retelling of Anne Frank's story from 2017 with particular emphasis on the sexual content that Anne Frank herself tried to remove when she came up with the idea of publishing her own diary.

Last edited:

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
For the record, that picture of the Diary of Anne Frank is not being removed, the book in question is "Anne Frank's Diary: the Graphic Adaptation", a visual novel retelling of Anne Frank's story from 2017 with particular emphasis on the sexual content that Anne Frank herself tried to remove when she came up with the idea of publishing her own diary.
The phrase you are looking for is "graphic novel". And I struggle to call it "particular emphasis", when the parts that focus on that aspect is just treated as one vignette among the others. "Higher emphasis", maybe; I have not read The Diary of a young girl.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Two pretentious naval-gazing grifters perfectly showcase how to say nothing while yapping loudly for hours under the guise of "finding jesus" under the larger guise of "what? Philosophy? Never heard of it!" Usually would feel guilty bout sharing some of the most irritating (on a primal level) voices to endure within these ghoul nests, it's just the way brand now talks with increased registers of desperation as if he has to keep talking no matter what otherwise the second he stops, the sex pest charges will catch and consume him like some ancient vengeful curse - is a little bit interesting. Like wtf is that weird breathless half-pant/half-laugh he started doing? The vibes are so fucked lol.

Last month, Russell Brand visited Jordan Peterson's podcast for “The Evolution of Theology.” Which, given these two figures, had to focus on topics like the unreligious impulsivity of gay people and why slaves should “just not be slaves.” Derek and Julian discuss.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'm sorry I get that for many Americans Politics is a religion replacement but this stuff isn't new and I don't get home it's Anti-Woke really. The UK has a long traditional history of having candidates stand for election whose entire standing is to take the absolute piss out of the political classes and make the whole thing look like the mad joke it actually is. From the Monster Raving Loony Part to The Elmo party to well

America needs more like this honestly.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
For the record, that picture of the Diary of Anne Frank is not being removed, the book in question is "Anne Frank's Diary: the Graphic Adaptation", a visual novel retelling of Anne Frank's story from 2017 with particular emphasis on the sexual content that Anne Frank herself tried to remove when she came up with the idea of publishing her own diary.
It is useful, from a historical perspective, to show not only what people wanted to write down, but also what they wrote down and decided they had to censor. It prevents hagiography

As far as "placing particular emphasis on":
IMG_1819.png

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It is useful, from a historical perspective, to show not only what people wanted to write down, but also what they wrote down and decided they had to censor. It prevents hagiography

As far as "placing particular emphasis on":
View attachment 11377
If I don't focus on the one thing that makes me angry, how am I supposed to get angry?!

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The phrase you are looking for is "graphic novel". And I struggle to call it "particular emphasis", when the parts that focus on that aspect is just treated as one vignette among the others. "Higher emphasis", maybe; I have not read The Diary of a young girl.
To repressed minds, any mention at all of "shameful thing" is highly emphasised to them.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm sorry I get that for many Americans Politics is a religion replacement but this stuff isn't new and I don't get home it's Anti-Woke really. The UK has a long traditional history of having candidates stand for election whose entire standing is to take the absolute piss out of the political classes and make the whole thing look like the mad joke it actually is. From the Monster Raving Loony Part to The Elmo party to well

America needs more like this honestly.
I’m trying to remember the last decent piss-take party that got itself in the ballot in Australia and for the life of me, I can’t think of one.