Funny events in anti-woke world

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
1722500331413.png

1722499123011.pngby

1722499270516.png

The Democratic Party is going all-in on a “weird” messaging push, building on Minnesota Gov. and potential Democratic vice presidential pick Tim Walz’s description of the Republican Party.

As Democratic politicians across the board have adopted the word, some conservatives decided that the swift adoption of the phrase reveals it must be a secret CIA plot.

The posters deemed it the new Mockingbird, a reference to alleged covert programs undertaken by the agency to influence news coverage during the onset of the Cold War.

Attachments

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You still haven't answered why you are so confident Trump would not suggest that.
Because it's a contradiction to his words and actions in every publicly verifiable event. As is tradition, you assume that the most loudmouthed person on the planet is conniving and subtle precisely when it helps you rationalize your own self-deception.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Because it's a contradiction to his words and actions in every publicly verifiable event. As is tradition, you assume that the most loudmouthed person on the planet is conniving and subtle precisely when it helps you rationalize your own self-deception.
There are 3 types of Pro-lifers

Medical Pro-lifers: You can't you medical intervention for fetus'. If they die, they deserve to die

Religious pro-lifers: If God wants the fetus' to die, they deserve to die

Economic pro-lifers: If it costs too much, they deserve to die

There are 3 types of Covid deniers

Medical Covid Denier: There is no reason medically to quarantine or vaccinate. If people die, they deserve to die

Religious Covid Deniers: If they die of Covid, God wanted them to die

Economic Covid Deniers: If it costs too much, they deserve to die

There are 3 types of people against the disabled

Medical people against the disabled: You can't have medical intervention for disabled people. If they die, they deserve to die

Religious people against the disabled: If God wants them to die, they deserve to die

Economic people against the disabled: If it costs too much, they deserve to die

This is a trend of people's attitude. This is not exhaustive. This is the typical response for Workplace Health and Safety, for all products covered by the FDA, for helping the poor, immigration, universal health care, drug intervention, social security, progressive taxes, housing, the homeless, the courts, the wrongfully convinced, school lunches.... I could go on

Trump generally fits in the Economic attitude. He has repeatedly said similar things for a wider topics that is almost a replication of this. It is not suprising. Like, he tried to get rid of Obamacare and he never intended to help if he did get rid of it. It's exactly the same thing

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think you need to contend with your own self-deception, given that an implicit base of your argument there is that Donald Trump (politicians generally!) are reliably honest when they speak publicly.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Because it's a contradiction to his words and actions in every publicly verifiable event.
Like when he took the piss out of a reporter's joint-contracture disability?

As is tradition, you assume that the most loudmouthed person on the planet is conniving and subtle precisely when it helps you rationalize your own self-deception.
Saying something in private that you wouldn't in public is not "conniving and subtle". It is in fact something almost everyone on the planet is capable of, and does regularly. As is tradition, you're describing the event in nonsensical and exaggerated terms when it helps you dismiss it as a fabrication.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I think you need to contend with your own self-deception, given that an implicit base of your argument there is that Donald Trump (politicians generally!) are reliably honest when they speak publicly.
If someone says something publicly, it's not a guarantee to be their real opinion, but it's a better indicator than nothing.

But way stronger an indicator is where they put their money: you can doubt his words all you want, it's a much further stretch to doubt his authenticity in something he's spending his money on.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
There are 3 types of Pro-lifers

Medical Pro-lifers: You can't you medical intervention for fetus'. If they die, they deserve to die

Religious pro-lifers: If God wants the fetus' to die, they deserve to die

There are 3 types of Covid deniers

Medical Covid Denier: There is no reason medically to quarantine or vaccinate. If people die, they deserve to die

Religious Covid Deniers: If they die of Covid, God wanted them to die

There are 3 types of people against the disabled

Medical people against the disabled: You can't have medical intervention for disabled people. If they die, they deserve to die

Religious people against the disabled: If God wants them to die, they deserve to die

This is a trend of people's attitude. This is not exhaustive. This is the typical response for Workplace Health and Safety, for all products covered by the FDA, for helping the poor, immigration, universal health care, drug intervention, social security, progressive taxes, housing, the homeless, the courts, the wrongfully convinced, school lunches.... I could go on

Trump generally fits in the Economic attitude. He has repeatedly said similar things for a wider topics that is almost a replication of this. It is not suprising. Like, he tried to get rid of Obamacare and he never intended to help if he did get rid of it. It's exactly the same thing
There's a common trend through all of them: "If they die, they deserved to die. It proves how much better a person I am than they were."

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If someone says something publicly, it's not a guarantee to be their real opinion, but it's a better indicator than nothing.

But way stronger an indicator is where they put their money: you can doubt his words all you want, it's a much further stretch to doubt his authenticity in something he's spending his money on.
Trump aimed to cut billions in support for the disabled in the SSDI and SSI. More details are here on where other cuts were targeted: state & university centres for developmental disabilities, autism screening, the National Centre of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, and supported employment initiatives.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Italian woman who competes in Olympic boxing competition complains that her Algerian opponent hit her the hardest she's ever been hit in her entire life. Which seems to me to be one of the likelier outcomes of competing at boxing at the Olympics. Anyway, now a bunch of blowhards are falsely calling the Algerian woman a man.

Reactions: Silvanus

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Italian woman who competes in Olympic boxing competition complains that her Algerian opponent hit her the hardest she's ever been hit in her entire life. Which seems to me to be one of the likelier outcomes of competing at boxing at the Olympics. Anyway, now a bunch of blowhards are falsely calling the Algerian woman a man.
The reactions to that story should make totally clear the main issue that plagues modern society, Impatience.
Pretty much everyone had to get their take out as quickly as possible and with no regard for facts, data, or decency, resulting in some horrible rethoric that will never be fully refuted because to many the frequency of a conclusion being drawn makes the conclusion true, whereas the inverse should, obviously, be preferable.

Also, shame on the IOC for not telling people to shut up and wait for an official statement and letting this hatred and bigotry get out of hand.

Reactions: Kwak

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Also, shame on the IOC for not telling people to shut up and wait for an official statement and letting this hatred and bigotry get out of hand.
I first learned about this lady from articles that were all basically headlined "Woman who failed gender test last Olympics wins fight". If that's true, then shame on IOC even more, but also shame on media outlets for reporting it in such an inflammatory way.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I first learned about this lady from articles that were all basically headlined "Woman who failed gender test last Olympics wins fight". If that's true, then shame on IOC even more, but also shame on media outlets for reporting it in such an inflammatory way.
As far as I can tell the only things we really know is, the boxer, who competed in the last olympics as well and who've lost several matches, failed some sort of test from an organization that is no longer recognized by the IOC, no comments on what the test was.
Now, rumors are abound about the organization being tied to russian corruption and the boxer from the current case defeating a russian boxer shortly before failing the test, but even that we should take with a grain of salt seeing as we, yet again, have no evidence and shouldn't give into the desire to share our takes.

I do however find it amusing that so many people think that a country that basically outlaws LGBTQ+ and, literally, outlaws transitioning would send a trans athlete to represent the nation at the olympics.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's kind of bizarre.

Basically, the report is that she has male chromosmes, but one of various abnormalitues that reduces sensitivity to male hormones. Such individuals therefore physically develop as females although usually with some reduced female characteristics (e.g. breast size, ovarian development), although it can vary a lot by individual. What is the case for nearly all of them is that they produce more testosterone than the average woman. Obviously, testosterone as a drug is a banned substance due to unfair advantage in muscle development. Women's sport has therefore got a massive problem it's not managed to resolve about what to do with women who naturally produce a lot more testosterone than usual.

I'm not terribly impressed with the way it's been handled. The Algerian is mid-career, having been boxing for over five years. I can't believe it's only now someone decided she punches "too hard", as her Italian opponent who retired did. The fact this is being conflated with transgenderism is even worse. This woman has not changed gender. She was defined as female at birth, has lived as a girl/woman, has the outward physical characteristics of a woman.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I haven't watch SP since the boys fed a kid his own parents

Anyway, this might be a way these people can get what they want but I'd blame capitalism here more. It certainly benefits the whole medical community monetarily if they don't provide a diagnosis

Reactions: BrawlMan