Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And what is it you think they believe?
A lot of things that would take forever to type out, but relevantly your post seems to imply that their ideology would say women are all weak and incompetent, or that seeing a man in woman's clothing should offend their sensibilities independent of context. None of that is accurate.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
A lot of things that would take forever to type out, but relevantly your post seems to imply that their ideology would say women are all weak and incompetent, or that seeing a man in woman's clothing should offend their sensibilities independent of context. None of that is accurate.
Well, their own audience seems to think women are supposed to be weak and incompetent. It's why they hated Terror On The Prairie. Never mind the 20-years-out-of-date jokes about women's sports being less valid than men's in Lady Ballers or the speech about how women's roles are to "civilize" men because they can't be as strong or athletically capable as them.

I just find it ironic that these guys complain about men in modern media being too feminine (which is far from true) and made a movie with more blatantly feminine men than virtually every movie released in the past 14 years.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I think Trudeau made it too easy

And this is coming from a person who saw his dad in cancer palliative getting pumped so full of drugs that it hit the limit of what was legal and him still screaming out in pain. So I'm very much in favour of assisted dying as a more moral way of dealing with particular situations

But then, this is got more to do with you than the actual story
hey I never said I was in favour. I said weird how it takes Trump saying it to highlight how fucked up it is and call it out but most of those calling Trump out won't call Trudeau out because tribalism.
Are you Canadian?
Nope, just seen and heard enough from Canadians.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well, their own audience seems to think women are supposed to be weak and incompetent. It's why they hated Terror On The Prairie. Never mind the 20-years-out-of-date jokes about women's sports being less valid than men's in Lady Ballers or the speech about how women's roles are to "civilize" men because they can't be as strong or athletically capable as them.

I just find it ironic that these guys complain about men in modern media being too feminine (which is far from true) and made a movie with more blatantly feminine men than virtually every movie released in the past 14 years.
You know what I was going to leave this one quietly not point out the flawed logic in your earlier comment but screw it.

Run Hide Fight: "It takes a good guy with a gun top stop a bad guy with a gun" and from what I've heard the film celebrates the idea of teaching stuff like hunting skills etc.

The hating on Terror on the Prairie comment well I decided to go deep on this one and wow was I weirdly shocked how easy it is to chip holes in this.

So one of the reviewers TrinaBoice has I suspect posted the review as a troll review as they've been praising the Hunger Games films and even a number of other films more universally called woke.

Brandon has reviewed a whole 1 film and it's easy enough to make a dummy account on IMDB to post shit like this.

Jselden's review doesn't even seem to exist suggesting IMDB deleted it and the numbers after the name suggest a bot posted review.

Ladyballers making jokes about women's sport. I mean what is this Family guy from 2006

As for Mr. Birchum, um, you do know some gay guys are right wing right?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Well, their own audience seems to think women are supposed to be weak and incompetent.
That's not remotely what those reviews said. They all said it wasn't a good movie, and that's really what these people want. They want good movies, and they want to be allowed to criticize bad movies without being called bigots.
I just find it ironic that these guys complain about men in modern media being too feminine
No, not at all. If anything, the complaint is not feminine enough.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Or maybe you just completely misunderstand what they believe. (Exception for the last one, but they didn't accidentally make an LGBT show, people just make gay fanart of literally everything.)
Don't believe your lying eyes and ears folks. Tstorm is finally here to explain the alternative truth of what these people really meant with their actions and words.

Reactions: Kwak

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Don't believe your lying eyes and ears folks. Tstorm is finally here to explain the alternative truth of what these people really meant with their actions and words.
Right-wing nutjobs: "We're going to gun every last one of you down in the streets. We'll kill you all."
Tstorm: "They mean politically, at the polls. Calm down."

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Right-wing nutjobs: "We're going to gun every last one of you down in the streets. We'll kill you all."
Tstorm: "They mean politically, at the polls. Calm down."
I went through the negative reviews in that article and checked the profiles.

of the whole 3 actually shown to be able to verify the users with
1 had been deleted likely due to being a bot account (the string of number at the end of the name give it away)
1 had made a whole 1 review and I suspect was an alt account made to vote down the movie as is very easy using IMDB.
1 was complaining about Gina Carano being too modern feminist strong female character, but had a history of reviews praising other films considered woke by even many normal people and praising the Hunger Games movies for their strong female lead in Katniss ............. so I suspect that was a troll review posted to dunk on the film too.

That's the downside of using random reviews sourced via twitter for articles without even the most basic checking being done you tend to fall for propaganda by idiots with axes to grind against the film because they're pissed Gina Carano didn't do some begging apology and bend the knee to their demands.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
That's not remotely what those reviews said. They all said it wasn't a good movie, and that's really what these people want. They want good movies, and they want to be allowed to criticize bad movies without being called bigots.

No, not at all. If anything, the complaint is not feminine enough.
Then they shouldn't act like bigots.
What reality are you living in where right wingers complain men aren't feminine enough?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Orban's moral spectrum is a very funny event in anti woke world. Today he says France having Drag Queens in the opening act of the Olympics shows there's no morality in the west. But somehow Orban is very supportive of Russia torturing and murdering Ukrainian citizens without thinking this shows there's no morality in Russia.

Reactions: Kwak and Cicada 5

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Orban's moral spectrum is a very funny event in anti woke world. Today he says France having Drag Queens in the opening act of the Olympics shows there's no morality in the west. But somehow Orban is very supportive of Russia torturing and murdering Ukrainian citizens without thinking this shows there's no morality in Russia.
It's because his strongman mindset thinks that anything other than macho posturing and attacking those who can't fight back is "weakness".

Say, doesn't one of the US Presidential candidates think very highly of Orban?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Because being gay and sissy is abhorrent, and destroying your enemy is honourable.
Say, doesn't one of the US Presidential candidates think very highly of Orban?
So does Geert Wilders; the most popular politician in the Netherlands who totally didn't mean all those racist things he's said in his political career. And who also totally wasn't buddying up with Poetin and trying to downplay his actions, untill Russia shot down a plane full of dutch citizens, and he reluctantly stopped slurping his ass.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
hey I never said I was in favour. I said weird how it takes Trump saying it to highlight how fucked up it is and call it out but most of those calling Trump out won't call Trudeau out because tribalism.
I know you're doing a hot take but we had a thread devoted to this and most people here were not impressed with Trudeau's policy. I seem to remember it being controversial in Canada but that's through the lens of Australian media which is purely right-wing. So I would defer to Canadians here

There are a bunch of things I have disagreed with Trudeau. They just aren't as big as Trump's missteps. Nor am I worried about additions to C-16 because that bill had been around for decades so we already knew what it did, no matter the lies Peterson was claiming.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
And who also totally wasn't buddying up with Poetin and trying to downplay his actions, untill Russia shot down a plane full of dutch citizens, and he reluctantly stopped slurping his ass
Oh nonono. Even after MH17 he went on a pilgrimage to the Kremlin to get a special friendship pin from the Duma.

Reactions: Casual Shinji

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh nonono. Even after MH17 he went on a pilgrimage to the Kremlin to get a special friendship pin from the Duma.
You are correct - in my attempt to discredit him I was still giving him too much credit.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Then they shouldn't act like bigots.
What reality are you living in where right wingers complain men aren't feminine enough?
Hollywood has had decreasing success trying to make movies with hard-edged Clint Eastwood style protagonists, and their solution is to take the same tired tropes they fail with and just swap the genders. But the writing is otherwise the same, so the change in gender is useless, and any criticism gets labelled sexism. If the made the now female leads somewhat feminine, it might justify the decisions at least a little, rather than there being no justification at all for why we should care any more than we do about a crappy Steven Seagal film.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Hollywood has had decreasing success trying to make movies with hard-edged Clint Eastwood style protagonists, and their solution is to take the same tired tropes they fail with and just swap the genders. But the writing is otherwise the same, so the change in gender is useless, and any criticism gets labelled sexism. If the made the now female leads somewhat feminine, it might justify the decisions at least a little, rather than there being no justification at all for why we should care any more than we do about a crappy Steven Seagal film.
Many Clinton Eastwood movies aren't that great. It was a bad style of protagonist to copy so it's no wonder they failed

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
any criticism gets labelled sexism.
Well no, its that a lot of the backlash tends to focus solely on the fact it's a woman, rather than the writing.

If the made the now female leads somewhat feminine, it might justify the decisions at least a little [...]
? This is at odds with your earlier statements about how all traditionally-masculine or traditionally-feminine roles & behaviours are just as appropriate for men as for women, and that's why gender doesn't exist.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
? This is at odds with your earlier statements about how all traditionally-masculine or traditionally-feminine roles & behaviours are just as appropriate for men as for women, and that's why gender doesn't exist.
Movie tropes are different from reality.