Funny events in anti-woke world

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I mean if you desperately wanted to, you could just create a "trans and intersex" division of events/sports/competitions for basically the same reason there's a women's division - to create a protected space where they can compete within their own group without whatever problems are seen as coming with having to compete with the "other".
Thought about that, but those athletes are to rare to carry their own division. You wouldn't be able to properly hold regional competitions and even in international ones many countries would struggle to present teams.
It would probably reduce reoffending at least in combination with therapy. Chemical castration has been found to do so with sex offenders in general, dunno about specifically with pedophiles. Amazed it doesn't count as cruel and unusual punishment.
It does already get used with pedophiles in various jurisdictions. Though it is usually done "willingly", an offender can offer to do that as part of a deal. That way no judge has to actually apply a sentence that might be considered mutilation.
The issue isn't reconcilable, because those physical traits develop during adolescence as a consequence of androgens/estrogens and are largely non-mutable after through gender-affirming hormone therapy. Some may correct, leading to a normalization in performance for some sports after an arbitrary time on HRT, but in sports in which height and bodily structure influence performance that normalizing effect only goes so far.
Many sports generally have young athletes that need to start their career even younger. It very much depends on the discipline but in many cases adolescence is when people are already intensively trained and modelled to later be able to go for olympic gold.
When i was young (during the cold war) the state took a child age 8 from my class to intensive sports training as a potential athlete. The period of adolescence is important and sports scientists know how to abuse that.

But even afterwards, well, there is a reason why so many hormons are on the doping list. Sure the effect is not as big anymore but even a small effect would be enough to cause widespread use.

A career in sports has a huge sunk cost factor. Years of training and sacrifice and nothing to show for it ? And there is something legal that could give you an edge, something your competitors might already be using ? And you only have two or three big events to get your medal until you start to get "old" ? This stuff would soon become the new normal, long time consequences be ignored.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean if you desperately wanted to, you could just create a "trans and intersex" division of events/sports/competitions for basically the same reason there's a women's division - to create a protected space where they can compete within their own group without whatever problems are seen as coming with having to compete with the "other".
I want my protected space from the Usain Bolt and Noah Lyles so I can finally win at the Olympics

Reactions: Thaluikhain

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You see, @tstorm823, about what I mean by "transactional"?
I understand what you mean, but I'm pretty sure this is the opposite of transactional. Let me put on my Trump twitter impression. "We're making these transactions, terrible deals, I would have gotten EVERYTHING while giving them NOTHING. They're trading MURDERERS, I wouldn't trade murderers, I'd keep all the murderers in PRISON and get back ALL the hostages."

Like, the man's thing is getting what he wants and obsessively (immorally... sometimes illegally) giving little to nothing in return. I'm quite certain if his nephew's son could be supported with Trump giving nothing, Trump would give them nothing. But it does cost money, so he gave to them, because the thing he wanted was his relatives alive and happy. I do not look at the life and lifestyle of Donald Trump and conclude that he's the sort of person who decides that he no longer wants something because it's expensive.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I understand what you mean, but I'm pretty sure this is the opposite of transactional. Let me put on my Trump twitter impression. "We're making these transactions, terrible deals, I would have gotten EVERYTHING while giving them NOTHING. They're trading MURDERERS, I wouldn't trade murderers, I'd keep all the murderers in PRISON and get back ALL the hostages."
He is just salty that someone else made a successful deal when he wanted to be the person who makes deals with Putin. But he couldn't manage to pay enough attention to what the deal actually is or hoe our side gets 2 peaple for every one released so hit put out this wild tirade about all the things he could imagine might be wrong with it and, as always claiming that he could have done better.

It is just envy that other people display competence.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I understand what you mean, but I'm pretty sure this is the opposite of transactional.
It goes a lot to expalining his mindset: rather than express some compassion, relief or sense of justice that US citizens have been brought home, he's basically complaining about money. It gives a very good idea what he thinks about.

But it does cost money, so he gave to them, because the thing he wanted was his relatives alive and happy.
I think family means something to Donald Trump. But I don't think that they're happy is very high on the list.

We might note that he screwed Fred III and Mary (his older brother's children) out of their share in the family business. When the two of them sued their aunts and uncles, Trump and his siblings cut the health insurance to Fred's son. I think this gives you a better idea what Trump thinks about his relatives' happiness. Mary Trump's book would also suggest that Trump was thoughtless, domineering and surprisingly cheap. I don't think his serial infidelity speaks much of him wishing happiness on his family either.

Like many narcissists, I don't think he is a font of compassion and empathy. He wants control and admiration, and that includes his family. I think he perceives that family will more likely be loyal: to him, as head of the family. I suspect he learnt a lot of that from his tyrannical father. If his relatives are working for his firm and thus dependent on him, all the better. I don't mean to say he is without any care and goodwill to his family. But I think you severely underestimate how people with extreme personality disorders like him think.

I do not look at the life and lifestyle of Donald Trump and conclude that he's the sort of person who decides that he no longer wants something because it's expensive.
I think you need to think in terms of "What does Donald Trump think that expensive thing says about Donald Trump?"

And before you argue paying for his grandnephew shows off what a lovely, compassionate guy he was, I would remind you of the many, many frauds and other illegalities surrounding his charitable foundation, many of which were of financial benefit to him. It's not hard to give money for the benefit of others, but Trump made it look difficult.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Mary Trump's book would also suggest that Trump was thoughtless, domineering and surprisingly cheap.
I don't think his cheapness is a surprise to anyone anymore. The man thought providing McDonalds to people he invited to the White House was "catering."

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I don't think his cheapness is a surprise to anyone anymore. The man thought providing McDonalds to people he invited to the White House was "catering."
I'm half sure that was some power move to signal "This cheap trash is all you peasants are worth to me."

"Sneering elitism" is practically his entire mode of operation.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm pretty sure that incident happened during Covid and the White House couldn't make the normal food under those restrictions. Trump bought this food out of his own pocket otherwise there'd be nothing. And he thought young people wouldn't be interested in fancy food

This is actually an event when Trump was doing a right thing

Edit: I can't find if this happened multiple times, or just the once I'm talking about. But... I feel like I remember it more than once. If it happened multiple times, it's a different scenario

Reactions: tstorm823

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'm pretty sure that incident happened during Covid and the White House couldn't make the normal food under those restrictions. Trump bought this food out of his own pocket otherwise there'd be nothing. And he thought young people wouldn't be interested in fancy food

This is actually an event when Trump was doing a right thing
Even under those circumstances the man is a "billionaire." I've worked with managers who provided higher quality food for work events out of their own pocket who are worth significantly less than Trump.

For a man whose claim to fame is being rich he loves to eat like someone with no money and no class. I mean for fuck sake, the man eats his steaks well done and with ketchup.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Even under those circumstances the man is a "billionaire." I've worked with managers who provided higher quality food for work events out of their own pocket who are worth significantly less than Trump.

For a man whose claim to fame is being rich he loves to eat like someone with no money and no class. I mean for fuck sake, the man eats his steaks well done and with ketchup.
You don't know what fun is.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I'm willing to give a break on the well done part because he's an old man and needs to watch his digestion. Ketchup however is just uncouth.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If you're too old to eat a proper steak you're too old to be president.
I wonder if he eats his steaks well done because he is allegedly a germophobe, and thus he might be terrified by undercooked food.

Trump of course generally has a thing about health, like why he nobbles his doctors into absurd hyperbole about how incredibly healthy he is. I wonder if he equates illness with weakness, and he's certainly terrified at the idea of appearing weak.