Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Even under those circumstances the man is a "billionaire." I've worked with managers who provided higher quality food for work events out of their own pocket who are worth significantly less than Trump.

For a man whose claim to fame is being rich he loves to eat like someone with no money and no class. I mean for fuck sake, the man eats his steaks well done and with ketchup.
It's Trump. Half assed. It's better than when he has bad intentions

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I'm pretty sure that incident happened during Covid and the White House couldn't make the normal food under those restrictions. Trump bought this food out of his own pocket otherwise there'd be nothing. And he thought young people wouldn't be interested in fancy food
I think you're misremembering. Covid hit in 2020. The fast food spread happened January of 2019, a full year before Covid hit the States, and the Trump Administration actually tried to use the confusion over the spread as ammo against the Democrats. Which is to say that they said that the menu was due to the Government shutdown, which they blamed the Democrats for on the grounds of...not caving to Trump's demands for $5.7 billion for a border wall, which Trump's press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders characterized as "the Democrats [refusing] to negotiate on border security".

Mind you, by that point, the House had actually already passed an appropriations bill (including $1.3 billion for border security) that had previously been unanimously supported by the Senate, but Trump was saying that he'd veto any bill that didn't fully fund his wall, and McConnell was blocking the Senate from voting on that bill on the grounds that Trump would not support it.

Last edited:

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I want my protected space from the Usain Bolt and Noah Lyles so I can finally win at the Olympics
I mean, that's essentially the same reason there's a women's league in many things to begin with.

I mean for fuck sake, the man eats his steaks well done and with ketchup.
I like my steaks well. It's really hard to get a good well steak though, the line between "well" and "shoe leather" is pretty narrow. Generally you want to cook it to just past where you would stop for medium well, then pull it off heat, cover it with foil, let it rest and let the latent heat finish the job. I usually order medium well at restaurants unless I know they can do well right, which about half the time gets me a well steak anyways.

The ketchup thing is just weird, though.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
So, you're saying Democrats were extra permissive with rioters out of the baseless assumption that they were all black locals who might vote for them. I'm sure that somehow makes it better.
Please read the article.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Yeah, but with all the fiery but mostly peaceful protesting it's hard to remember who set which fires unless you go look it up on a case by case basis.

The first fire leading to a fatality was a protester though, he posted video of himself doing it on social media, and he got ten years for a homicide and an arson. They already had him in jail awaiting trial for the arson when they discovered the body in the remains of the building.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Yeah, but with all the fiery but mostly peaceful protesting it's hard to remember who set which fires unless you go look it up on a case by case basis.

The first fire leading to a fatality was a protester though, he posted video of himself doing it on social media, and he got ten years for a homicide and an arson. They already had him in jail awaiting trial for the arson when they discovered the body in the remains of the building.
Sounds to me like the protesters didn't get much, if any leniency.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sounds to me like the protesters didn't get much, if any leniency.
I feel like I speak for the entire political spectrum when I say "let them burn it all down, fill up the jails afterwards" is sucky policy.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
The boxer that got slandered mercilessly by the far right winning gold is a very funny event in anti woke world. I hope they're seething about it

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The boxer that got slandered mercilessly by the far right winning gold is a very funny event in anti woke world. I hope they're seething about it
They've already farmed all the rage they could from it, they've already moved on. You think J.K. Rowling cares about the blatant lie that she helped spread causing the entire lunatic conservative crowd to come down on a woman who punched another woman in a boxing match? No, she got to scream her bigotry into the aether - she's satisfied.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So, you're saying Democrats were extra permissive with rioters out of the baseless assumption that they were all black locals who might vote for them. I'm sure that somehow makes it better.
Me? The precinct was vandalized the first day by some BLM after most people had left for the night.

A couple of days later, a right winger started fires and looting because he had been told that's what BLM was doing in the city and found that, yes, some vandalizing had gone on, it had quieten down. That wasn't enough for him

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
They've already farmed all the rage they could from it, they've already moved on. You think J.K. Rowling cares about the blatant lie that she helped spread causing the entire lunatic conservative crowd to come down on a woman who punched another woman in a boxing match? No, she got to scream her bigotry into the aether - she's satisfied.
And we just have to hope that Algeria believes the boxer and not JK because otherwise she is dead