Funny events in anti-woke world

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
So, black-skinned north americans' culture is African, and white-skinned north americans' culture is European ?

Anyway, yes, I guess it's cool to be reminded of Amin Dada, Mobutu or Bokassa while being gunned down by trumpists in uniform.

An amusing detail. To ears trained with the french language, "that's the sound of da police" is processed as "assassins de la police" ("murderers in/from/of the police"). It's a well known, studied, auditive illusion, with the consequence that french kids have been chanting "assassins de la police" since that bit had been sampled in the context of Kassovitz' popular and excellent movie La Haine (a movie about police violence in France).

And yes, I was actually hearing "assassins de la police" when watching that police car clip.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Policing is fixed now. Thank you, police car
So basically, the black cops will start out using it, then the white cops will show up, drive and beat the shit out if it, then leave and let the black cops work with what's left.

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
I don't know Jeremy is clickbaiting, or if he has been clickbaited. The sons are dating the other mums, not their own. Not that the show is innocent, because this seems like a publicity stunt made especially for TheQuartering.
Next up, the Holocaust Memorial freight train.

"Been there done that" -Virginia Holocaust Museum

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm... not entirely sure where to put this but I don't think China is in the "woke" category so here we go.

I was really, really hoping that 2023 would be the year the world starting making sense again but that's right out the window now.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
For ages I genuinely didn't believe in flat earthers. My theory was that they were just being playful, arguing in bad faith on a hilariously absurd subject, and taken too seriously by the medias. I imagined it like this community of Sherlock Holmes fans who keeps as a rule to never aknowledge that Holmes is a fictional character (they call it "the game", if I remember well).

I'm not very good at assessing plausibility. ☹
In fairness, for a time they were just playful, for fun clubs. You weren't hallucinating! Then we started a new cult boom

EDIT: Cannot *believe* I forgot a relevant video

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm... not entirely sure where to put this but I don't think China is in the "woke" category so here we go.

I was really, really hoping that 2023 would be the year the world starting making sense again but that's right out the window now.
Probably just looking at our nuke sites. I wouldn't worry too much about it, most of it's public knowledge anyway

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Clearly you know what this means, right?

F-35's to Ukraine.

7 new Carrier Battle groups to the South China Sea.

Massive War Zeppelins for the US Air Force that can launch F-22's and defended by RAM launchers.

And I guess we'll give the army something so they won't feel left out.

You know, the way the US military normally treats a perceived threat: Military Industrial Complex go Brrrrrrr.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Clearly you know what this means, right?

F-35's to Ukraine.

7 new Carrier Battle groups to the South China Sea.

Massive War Zeppelins for the US Air Force that can launch F-22's and defended by RAM launchers.

And I guess we'll give the army something so they won't feel left out.

You know, the war the US military normally treats a perceived threat: Military Industrial Complex go Brrrrrrr.
Mechs. The army are getting mechs. Like full on Mechwarrior level shit.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Today on Elon Musk's very functional Twitter, alongside plans to charge to use twitter's API, several japanese artists have been banned. THe current speculation is that they were using Marshmallow QA, a service that uses twitter's API to let followers ask somebody questions and get answers posted to twitter, like curious cat used to.

Also, who let this man have money?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

It feels like the US military should have the capability to pop up there and put chewing gum over the lens? Or am I being hopelessly optimistic about how sticky chewing gum is at such an altitude?

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today on Elon Musk's very functional Twitter, alongside plans to charge to use twitter's API, several japanese artists have been banned. THe current speculation is that they were using Marshmallow QA, a service that uses twitter's API to let followers ask somebody questions and get answers posted to twitter, like curious cat used to.

Also, who let this man have money?
Twitter will eventually be just Musk, his mother, catturd2, Ian Miles Cheong and Libs of Tiktok conversing with tens of thousands of bots while they retweet each other complaining they're not getting the views they're entitled to.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So, uh, help out the ignorant American here. Which countries is this Liam guy referring to? Saudi Arabia is ranked 150th out of 167 countries in the 2022 edition.

These are the remaining ones, and none of them are exactly bastions of democracy:

Reactions: Silvanus

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
So, uh, help out the ignorant American here. Which countries is this Liam guy referring to? Saudi Arabia is ranked 150th out of 167 countries in the 2022 edition.

These are the remaining ones, and none of them are exactly bastions of democracy:

I was about to say... not a single one of those rated lower than Saudi Arabia are democracies, let alone "competitive" ones.