Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Look at that: another hypocritical biatch-in-a-boxstand.

Warning for spoilers.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Apparently it's taking a dig at capitalism that's so offensive. I was expecting more to set them off.
I mean, they're currently pissed off because Target is selling rainbow swimsuits with wider...crotch areas? Gussets, I think? The cloth on the bottom that make it so your bits don't flop out

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I could write several threads full of the awful coming out of the Texas legislature (I'm about to lose representation while I will still be taxed), but we can have some fun here.

Dade Phelan is the speaker of the house in Texas and has been for a couple of election cycles now. He's a slimy prick with no principals and last Friday acted like he was drunk on the job. And I don't mean a little tipsy, I mean it looked like he was about to fall down at one point and could barely speak. Hilarious on it's own, but our attorney general Ken Paxton says he's going to investigate it.

Completely unrelated I'm sure, a while ago Dade Phelan said he was going to investigate Ken Paxton for corruption. For those who don't know Ken Paxton, he's been the AG of Texas for about a decade now. He's rather infamous for being an ultra-right wing shithead, you may remember him from the Texas bill to overturn the 2020 election and install Trump.

What you may not know is that Ken Paxton is under investigation and has been under federal investigation on various corruption charges since before he was initially elected. Somehow this never disqualifies him. He recently came under a new investigation with his retaliation against whistleblowers. He settled with the whistleblowers and had requested public money to pay the settlement and the house had questions about it, leading to this particular shitshow.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Republicans literally want to crash the country, and all the others in the world that will follow because of the economic eco-system, for tax cuts for billionaires and less health coverage for citizens. They are so sickening it's beyond comprehension any sane american can support them.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Caviezel not sounding or looking too great. Have many concerns. Possibly being exploited by those around him.

New film emanating potent qanon vibes also. Another rabbit hole of dodgy grifters' corruption under yonder: beware of wandering curiosity.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Caviezel not sounding or looking too great. Have many concerns. Possibly being exploited by those around him.

New film emanating potent qanon vibes also. Another rabbit hole of dodgy grifters' corruption under yonder: beware of wandering curiosity.

Man can we take a moment to appreciate that the right has to pretend that Kevin Sorbo (greatest achievement starring in a show with a better spin off), Jim Caviezel (The Slovakian/Irish Christ) Scott Baio (borderline irrelevant for 40 years) and Dean Cain (literally nobody's favourite Superman) are talented. And they have to listen to Kid Rock. No wonder these are the samw people who think AI is going to replace artists. Everything they like is the artistic equivalent of eating out and only ever ordering the "chicken fingies".

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Man can we take a moment to appreciate that the right has to pretend that Kevin Sorbo (greatest achievement starring in a show with a better spin off), Jim Caviezel (The Slovakian/Irish Christ) Scott Baio (borderline irrelevant for 40 years) and Dean Cain (literally nobody's favourite Superman) are talented. And they have to listen to Kid Rock. No wonder these are the samw people who think AI is going to replace artists. Everything they like is the artistic equivalent of eating out and only ever ordering the "chicken fingies".
Not just kid rock, the reactionaries have a couple of "the yoof" to convince themselves they might be cool too...

Tho I'd recommend only listening to those through methods that don't taint your history or algorithms. Like a different phone, computer or universe entirely.

~~

This case of a sheriff's grandson being protected to an extent where reality is blatantly rewritten in front of everyone is astounding.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

He really let the role of Jesus get to his head? I haven't touched Passion of the Christ since it first premiered in theaters. I never want to see that movie again. I swore off it after seeing it, and South Park make fun of it. Plus, it was made by Mel Gibson and I did not want to support that. Some people have given me odd looks but I told them I don't care. I can be a "good Christian" without having to watch the movie five times a year. Watching the movie does not make you a good Christian. Being a decent and actual caring person to others and those around you are what make a person good.

Everything they like is the artistic equivalent of eating out and only ever ordering the "chicken fingies".
Leave the chicken strips out of this! They did nothing wrong! What type of chicken strips are we talking about? The Chick-fil-A style, Arby's style, that good Coney Island within the neighborhood style, KFC, popeyes, or that fish and chicken place that's actually pretty good (but has gotten absurdly expensive) and around the neighborhood somewhere? Details, man. Because there is a difference.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

This is not going to go away or settle down in politics, even remember predicting long ago that as scientific research grows - understanding expands - political platforms dependant on outdated assumptions, prejudices and scapegoats are either going to have to take a hit to their pride and change with the data or delve further into more intense denials of reality: aka the welcoming embrace of conspiratorial thinking and the communities who nurture them. A simplification of course, but is becoming a problem cause too mamy ppl think ignoring it will make it all eventually bugger off.

Reactions: Kwak

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Update to my previous post

I don't buy that this was all some secret investigation, only because Paxton has been known to be corrupt since before he was originally elected. It's just now he's pissed off the house speaker so they're going to finally go after him. Right actions for the wrong reasons. But if this ties up the legislature, fine by me.