Funny events in anti-woke world

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

I am disappointed that it's apparently actual bibles tho, when it should've been copies of "the art of the deal" with a bible cover slapped on

Reactions: Kwak and BrawlMan

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
We're talking about characters that are so obscure that unless you're a hardcore Kunio-Kun (the actual Japanese titles from the NES and SNES days)
I'm aware, but 10 year old me who just got the game for the NES (and later would rent Super Dodgeball specifically because I recognized the art style in the screenshots on the box) would have had no idea that River City Ransom and Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari were the same thing. I didn't get too deep into the franchise until I was in high school and decent NES and SNES emulators were a thing (aka around the release of NESticle and ZSNES). Since the late 90s, I've played most of the games in the franchise, with a majority I've missed being sports games that are technically part of the franchise but not exactly the same kind of thing - though I have yet to play the ones after River City Girls mostly for time reasons (one of the downsides of full time employment, lots of overtime, and a wife - they all eat away at your time for gaming).

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Clearly her "diversity rays" loaded into the bridge over time, and blinded the helmsman, who then couldn't see the bridge anymore... or mistook the pillars for a +50 point target.

Hm, but on the other side: Maybe the boring never-ending inclusion meetings bored the harbour-engineers so much that they forgot to plan better protection for the pillars?

Or God himself broke the rudder, to ram the heathen-administrated bridge? We all know that god works in mysterious ways.

It COULD somehow be her fault, so let's insinuate in that direction.
Lets face it guys. They got us. That boat was obviously trans and thus not qualified to be in the water.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

This has nothing to do with the "DEI" Mayor unless you want to make a play against democracy in favor of white-led rule. it has to do with poor infrastructure policies made by the US federal government in particular. The Europeans have invested in mainly physical infrastructure, the Americans in mainly software infrastructure, and China in both. Not a good sign. I don't want to be ruled by CPC authoritarians. If the right cared about it they would back BIden given he has signed multiple physical infrastructure deals, but no let's blame a random democratic mayor for doing at worst following the trend of underinvestment in mainly physical infrastructure.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

This has nothing to do with the "DEI" Mayor unless you want to make a play against democracy in favor of white-led rule. it has to do with poor infrastructure policies made by the US federal government in particular. The Europeans have invested in mainly physical infrastructure, the Americans in mainly software infrastructure, and China in both. Not a good sign. I don't want to be ruled by CPC authoritarians. If the right cared about it they would back BIden given he has signed multiple physical infrastructure deals, but no let's blame a random democratic mayor for doing at worst following the trend of underinvestment in mainly physical infrastructure.
I read an op-ed just now that postulated ‘dirty’ fuel was a factor in this debacle.

According to the article, less than scrupulous refineries will sometimes pawn off less refined fuel to firms who are penny pinching, unobservant, corrupt or desperate or any combination thereof. And an effect of the less than stellar fuel is that it can stall the engines and take the ship’s systems offline.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I read an op-ed just now that postulated ‘dirty’ fuel was a factor in this debacle.

According to the article, less than scrupulous refineries will sometimes pawn off less refined fuel to firms who are penny pinching, unobservant, corrupt or desperate or any combination thereof. And an effect of the less than stellar fuel is that it can stall the engines and take the ship’s systems offline.
That sounds like something the Russians would do, cringe.

Screw it, I don't care what rules are on this site. Fuck that guy, I hope he rots. I hope his family's grief is large, I hope his kids, and grandkids are unhappy to the point of tears. He's the Democrat's Kissnger, but at least he didn't even live that long, and at least both of my grandmothers lived longer.

This guy killed the public option for the ACA which would have funded a federal insurance plan that would have been self-funded with no profit motive, but his douchebag insurance companies in Connecticut lobbied him to do otherwise. How many people did he kill doing that in America? Fuck him.

I hope his last moments were painful, and hurt like hell. HAHAHA, you died.

Edit: Please tell me this fuckers grave.

Reactions: Kwak

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Is extremely intriguing how many of the daily wire and other reactionary RW pundits react to even the mere mention of Sam Seder like they're vampires hissing at garlic-covered crosses every time. It's legitimately their kryptonite, we should pressure them more to debate him, at all opportunities.
It's not that intriguing. Sam Sedar is a terrible debater and a really very talented troll and they're all super annoyed by him.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not wanting to look like I'm somehow defending the US, and not wanting to point out the UK (too much), but Grenfell doesn't seem a million miles away from this sort of thing.
Malfeasance is malfeasance, but state run fuck ups hit harder than corporate ones.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I want to post something too. Didn't have much eye on politics (You know... self-help because of depression.

But when i read things like "This is like a south-park episode" and "No opposition? Unanimous vote? WHAT THE HELL?" and other countering with: "Remember liberal democracies are the minority in the UN"

So: Saudi Arabia heads the women's rights commission from now on. Just wow...

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If she's interested, get her the co-op with you on RCG. Make it unique bonding time together.
We've been playing the Oregon Trail remake and a weird word game for switch and I've been trying to talk her into It Takes Two because I've heard it's specifically a good choice for that. When I first started playing RCG it was with a houseguest who's a nice guy but I'm glad he's gone - he was supposed to be staying for about 3 months and it ended up 9. I've still got several storage totes worth of his stuff I wish he would come pick up.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
We've had a doozy of a day again in dutch politics. Apparently a news site called Voice of Europe, which Geert Wilders praised as "an antidote against fake news" is actually a Russian run propaganda group that has been paying dutch politicians. Thiery Baudet's name was menioned obviously, but seeing as Wilders has loved Russia and Poetin even throughout their invasion of Crimea, and shooting down MH17, he's on the suspect list as well. And he knows it because he immediately went into the offensive calling for an investigation and how we need to find out whose responsible for this. :sneaky:

Reactions: Ag3ma and BrawlMan