Funny events in anti-woke world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I'd tell you to get out of that bubble, but no... no you just stay there, draw the blinds, maybe put on some headphones.
Uh huh, you can't even just agree that what SBI did to that gamer was some bullshit. You're on a further end of the spectrum on this issue than I am, but I'm the one that's in an echo chamber? Sure thing boss.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Because it's not about Sweet Baby Inc.
The steam curator that SBI reacted so badly to that blew up in their face very much is. It also mentions none of those other games you've referenced, becase SBI wasn't involved with any of them and SBI detected does one thing, it lists games SBI was involved with.

It really sounds like you're just treating anyone who has a problem with any game and has a case of wrongthink as one undifferentiated mass.

Yes, but not from those same reactionaries. Yet they're still operating under the notion that they just don't want things being forced into games (or movies). But it's only ever relegated to women, black people, and the gays, not the actual technical and business aspects that actually make games worse.
Different people have different issues with different games, news at 11. But yeah, DD2 not mentioning the DLC paid consumables until after launch was bullshit. But it's mostly stuff that's not hard to get in game normally and then someone released a mod so that you could buy those things for a single coin somewhere convenient just to thumb their nose at Capcom. Which took all the teeth off it, since it made them utterly optional instead of mostly optional. The mod (and a couple of others doing the same thing) are available on Nexus.

As opposed to the guy who made the mod for people upset at pronouns in Starfield, who got banned off multiple sites and was the target of a bunch of articles for daring to do such a thing. Though that's par the course for Nexus, ModDB, Lover's Lab and ATF - mods that increase the amount of LGBT are good and need extra attention drawn to them, mods that reduce the amount of LGBT shall be banned. Now there are two more mod sites that exist more or less entirely because they don't ban those mods, but aren't exclusive to that sort of mod.

I wouldn't even know about microtransactions in Dragon's Dogma 2 if it wasn't from you guys here. I just put in the disc and play the game, there's no sign of them that I've seen. Did the microtransactions cause a change in the game in any way? For example, did the devs make something harder to get or less plentiful because there are microtransactions so it would alter someone playing through the game normally? That's the only thing I care about with regards to microtransactions.
Basically on release day they added a bunch of DLC to the store page to buy stuff like ferrystones, wakestones and rift crystals.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The steam curator that SBI reacted so badly to that blew up in their face very much is. It also mentions none of those other games you've referenced, becase SBI wasn't involved with any of them and SBI detected does one thing, it lists games SBI was involved with.

It really sounds like you're just treating anyone who has a problem with any game and has a case of wrongthink as one undifferentiated mass.
I wasn't talking about that curator, I was talking about some of the umteen videos made by reactionaries after Sweet Baby Inc. was brandished the Devil.

And it's hard not to think of them as one undifferentiated mass, since they all congealed together once they could put a face or name to the woke boogeyman. It always involves the same damn faces that pop up whenever anything perceived woke shows up in media. The same people that pissed up a storm over the X-Men '97 press releases, until the show actually came out and all of a sudden it was dead air.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Uh huh, you can't even just agree that what SBI did to that gamer was some bullshit.
No. No I can't.

Maybe if this gamer wasn't showing his obvious bigotry by making a list of games to be avoided because they contained some diversity and inclusion I would, but in this specific case I'll show my clear bias I state I could not give a flying fuck.

You're on a further end of the spectrum on this issue than I am, but I'm the one that's in an echo chamber? Sure thing boss.
What does being on one end of the spectrum have to do with being in an echo chamber? And honestly, I hope you find your way to an echo chamber one day, it might work to expand your mind somewhat.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
A member of the European parliament released a life peace pigeon during a sitting of parliament as a sign of protest. Was he protesting Russian aggression against Ukraine and expressing a desire of peace? Of course not. The freak was protesting about the EU being an obstacle for Russia to spread death and misery across Europe.

The fact traitors such as him are expected to increase their power next election irritates me.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Imagine you are in the African Union. Russia, China, the US, and the EU all want your minerals and rare earth elements at a low price too. What do you do?

It's very simple, wait until those great powers get in a war, then ask both sides if they are willing to negotiate. Then tell them whichever country gives you the right to form a cartel on African minerals and rare earth will get your resources via trade in a war.

That's it. That's the solution.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I wasn't talking about that curator, I was talking about some of the umteen videos made by reactionaries after Sweet Baby Inc. was brandished the Devil.
So, ignoring the ignition point entirely and focusing on the people who exacerbate any outrage they can for clicks? Except, I thought the whole thing was supposed to have been a pre-planned 4chan op, which would have required 4chan to orchestrate both the curator and SBI employee's reactions to the curator?

If you're whole point was "clickbaiters gonna bait clicks" then so be it. I also have a bloodbath (in the auto industry) to sell you while you terrify your marketing team (I'm joking, but not really) into hiring consultants that are definitely useful and necessary but also don't actually do much of anything and for some reason really really hate it when consumers get to know what they've worked on before making the decision to buy.

Maybe if this gamer wasn't showing his obvious bigotry by making a list of games to be avoided because they contained some diversity and inclusion I would, but in this specific case I'll show my clear bias I state I could not give a flying fuck.
It wasn't a list of games that "contained some diversity and inclusion", it was a list of games SBI worked on. There's a reason that curator (which still exists) is only up to listing 21 games.

Now, there are other curators who list "woke" games or the like, and others that list games with cut content and the like (some overlap here when content is cut for certain reasons). But those curators haven't been at the heart of a shitstorm like this, just the one listing games SBI worked on, and it only really blew up because of the response of an SBI employee thatwas over the line.

Tate is a very laughable man.
The image link is dead, and I'm curious. Can't argue the bit about Tate being laughable though.

Stellar Blade is going to be a fun one to see a reaction to, if only because I wouldn't be surprised that unabashedly having a character that looks like E.V.E. probably got them docked a little bit in reviews but also they've done some costume "adjustments" in the day 1 patch which will cause some further upset.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Stellar Blade is going to be a fun one to see a reaction to, if only because I wouldn't be surprised that unabashedly having a character that looks like E.V.E. probably got them docked a little bit in reviews but also they've done some costume "adjustments" in the day 1 patch which will cause some further upset.
Did they fix her shitty shoes?

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So, ignoring the ignition point entirely and focusing on the people who exacerbate any outrage they can for clicks? Except, I thought the whole thing was supposed to have been a pre-planned 4chan op, which would have required 4chan to orchestrate both the curator and SBI employee's reactions to the curator?
I never mentioned 4chan.

If you're whole point was "clickbaiters gonna bait clicks" then so be it. I also have a bloodbath (in the auto industry) to sell you while you terrify your marketing team (I'm joking, but not really) into hiring consultants that are definitely useful and necessary but also don't actually do much of anything and for some reason really really hate it when consumers get to know what they've worked on before making the decision to buy.
Well, their consumers are the studios that hire them, not the people purchasing the games they were hired for. The amount of games sold isn't going to have Sweet Baby Inc. see a profit boost, I'm sure.

As for why they really really hate consumers getting to know what they've worked on, as in making lists that are shared and boosted online. It's because the "consumers" who have a tendency to get very pissed at the services they provide have a habit of dogpiling and shitstorming in their direction with racist hate mobs. Sweet Baby Inc. wasn't hiding, they were in the credits of the games they consulted on. But when you see the beginnings of the reactionary Right picking you out as the next target, then yeah, you're probably going try and mitigate that.

It wasn't a list of games that "contained some diversity and inclusion", it was a list of games SBI worked on. There's a reason that curator (which still exists) is only up to listing 21 games.
Unless that curator is an ex-employee or some client that Sweet Baby Inc. screwed over, what would be the reason to make such a list other than diversity and inclusion? They were already getting targeted before that list was made. The list was just an extension of that. If it was something completely unrelated I'd love to hear it.

Now, there are other curators who list "woke" games or the like, and others that list games with cut content and the like (some overlap here when content is cut for certain reasons). But those curators haven't been at the heart of a shitstorm like this, just the one listing games SBI worked on, and it only really blew up because of the response of an SBI employee thatwas over the line.
No, that wasn't just why it blew up. It's because it was an employee from a woke company. None of the people who milked this story for all that it was worth and used it to howl at wokeness destroying games and western civilisation, freaking Libs of Tik Tok, would've given a rat's ass about some online dispute on Steam if one of the two involved wasn't part of a consultancy that was hired to help with diversity and inclusion in games.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No. No I can't.

What does being on one end of the spectrum have to do with being in an echo chamber? And honestly, I hope you find your way to an echo chamber one day, it might work to expand your mind somewhat.
How is a list of games that a company had a hand in making bigotry?

You told me that I'm in a bubble when you're the one that won't simply agree that actual harassment is harassment. Mental gymnastics around facts is being in some nuclear fallout echo chamber.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
How is a list of games that a company had a hand in making bigotry?
You mean a list of games that are to be avoided because a consultancy supposedly put "wokeness" in it? Gee, I wonder why that's bigoted behaviour?

You told me that I'm in a bubble when you're the one that won't simply agree that actual harassment is harassment. Mental gymnastics around facts is being in some nuclear fallout echo chamber.
Mental gymnastics? I said I didn't give a fuck. And seeing as the attempt to ban the guy only got him the backing of every rightwing reactionary out there, I give even less of a fuck.

And please don't you start talking to me or anybody else about facts.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You know the bloke who did that SBI Detected Steam curator?

Also has a website now. Deidetected.com.

Also refers to himself as gigachad and calls a reviewers remark on Eve's sexualization in Stellar Blade a "low T statement"

So, you know, one of those

Last edited: