Funny events in anti-woke world

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
To add to this, my brother said he doesn't have much interest in ever watching Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness even though he loves Doctor Strange. Why? Because he knows that to really understand it as much as he can, he'll need to at least watch WandaVision as well, and in his words "I shouldn't need to do homework to watch a movie."
He really doesn't. Its very easy to infer from dialogue the key points of what happened.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
He really doesn't. Its very easy to infer from dialogue the key points of what happened.
I didn't say that he wouldn't be able to understand it at all, but without watching WandaVision, he'll have no context for why Billy or Tommy are so important to Wanda specifically, what the Darkhold is, who Monica Rambeau is... and so on.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I didn't say that he wouldn't be able to understand it at all, but without watching WandaVision, he'll have no context for why Billy or Tommy are so important to Wanda specifically, what the Darkhold is, who Monica Rambeau is... and so on.
I watched a lot of MCU movie out of order. Eg. I HADN'T watch all the movies before Endgame came out. There are always connection between different movies but all you miss is added context.

Plus, if I was ever going to tell your brother to choose something, it's to watch WandaVision as it's way better than Doctor Strange 2 : MOM

Edit: Marvel movies are incredibly uncomplicated for this very reason. Most people aren't going to watch everything

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
To add to this, my brother said he doesn't have much interest in ever watching Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness even though he loves Doctor Strange. Why? Because he knows that to really understand it as much as he can, he'll need to at least watch WandaVision as well, and in his words "I shouldn't need to do homework to watch a movie."
Since Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness is pretty heavily inspired by the House of M, and the House of M plays off the events of Vision and the Scarlet With which is what WandaVision is heavily inspired it makes a lot of sense that Doctor Strange: MoM would follow from WandaVision like that. Both are primarily about Wanda, and yes I find it annoying that the second Doctor Strange movie is really more about her than Strange.

On the upside, WandaVision is one of the more enjoyable MCU series, especially if you really like the aesthetics of old TV.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ah, doing that "basing your entire argument on a single frame" thing, are we?

I mean, I'd smash. But let's be honest tho, in the near impossible event a woman like Lara Croft would be down for that, she'd be doing the smashing. Maybe also literally.

Then again, how much of an argument can you expect from someone who got hospitalized for severe dehydration because she forgot to drink water.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Lara's built like a powerlifter, Cammy's build like a martial artist/cross-fitter. They produce different physiques. Also Lara is in motion doing something and Cammy is in a rest pose. If she flexed, she's look similar but still smaller I think.
This was tweeted by a woman who likes saying the F-slur while reading scripture. Approaching anything she says with a modicum of sincere argument is pointless.

Also yeah, she was hospitalized for being too stupid to drink water.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Yes, it's the scary Muslim governments who have no cultural power who are a threat to the Western way of life (unless you count the modernizing Saudis), and the liberal and lefty creatives who are the threat to gaming.

Meanwhile