Funny Events of the "Woke" world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That question is irrelevant to their point about your hypocrisy. Whether or not they are also a hypocrite doesn't excuse you acting like one. "Two wrongs don't make a right" is something children are taught...
It's not irrelevant, you just don't understand the point. I don't think AnxietyProne is a hypocrite, I think we all have limited perspectives on one another's opinions, largely dictated by the comments we are replying to, and that it would be wrong to assume someone turns a blind eye to things simply because there hasn't been reason to comment on them here. AnxietyProne only appears to be a hypocrite if I take a handful of posts written here as a complete representation of their beliefs.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

So the mass murderer happened to kill a gay couple in the film and now apparently that totally shows a motive despite them being two of many victims..........

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
And would you expect anyone to draw that conclusion solely from your posts here?
Yea, I would. Pay attention...

So the mass murderer happened to kill a gay couple in the film and now apparently that totally shows a motive despite them being two of many victims..........
Anyone actually thinking this has the brains of a down syndrome'd flea. I'm hoping, nay praying, that at least a few of these posts are trying to take the piss, but knowing how times are now, I have to assume they're serious.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Having seen the movie, and obviously the scene in question...I do question the awareness of anyone who thinks that couple died for being gay rather than LIVING IN THE MYERS HOME.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Covid Vaccines now effective against death itself to an extent if you believe CNN's reporting

The team studied 6.4 million people who had been vaccinated against Covid-19 and compared them to 4.6 million people who had received flu shots in recent years but who had not been vaccinated against coronavirus. They filtered out anyone who had died from Covid-19 or after a recent positive coronavirus test.
"During December 2020-July 2021, COVID-19 vaccine recipients had lower rates of non-COVID-19 mortality than did unvaccinated persons after adjusting for age, sex, race and ethnicity, and study site," they wrote.
Funny how at no point has anyone considered lockdowns, work from home and this thing called Social class where by it tends to be people who don't have time to book the vaccine easily and have to still go out to work on site normally who might be more likely to die from other causes.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And now Trump supporters being suggested to be to blame for the Alec Baldwin accidentally shooting people on a film set

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Having seen the movie, and obviously the scene in question...I do question the awareness of anyone who thinks that couple died for being gay rather than LIVING IN THE MYERS HOME.
They're also calling Chucky an LGBT ally. It's almost definitely a joke

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
As I said before, I HOPE they're taking the piss, but in this day and age where we have people literally calling for an invasion of a country because their Covid restrictions hurt someone's feelings, you never know.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Covid Vaccines now effective against death itself to an extent if you believe CNN's reporting

Funny how at no point has anyone considered lockdowns, work from home and this thing called Social class where by it tends to be people who don't have time to book the vaccine easily and have to still go out to work on site normally who might be more likely to die from other causes.
Really, at no point did ANYONE, except you of course, think of this?
What do you think these words mean then?

"After adjusting for demographic characteristics and VSD site, this study found...."
"To ensure comparable health care–seeking behavior among persons who received a COVID-19 vaccine and those who did not (unvaccinated persons), eligible unvaccinated persons were selected from among those who received ≥1 dose of influenza vaccine in the last 2 years."

Also they got the same results from nursing home residents before doing the general population study, where your factors wouldn't apply.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Really, at no point did ANYONE, except you of course, think of this?
What do you think these words mean then?

"After adjusting for demographic characteristics and VSD site, this study found...."
"To ensure comparable health care–seeking behavior among persons who received a COVID-19 vaccine and those who did not (unvaccinated persons), eligible unvaccinated persons were selected from among those who received ≥1 dose of influenza vaccine in the last 2 years."

Also they got the same results from nursing home residents before doing the general population study, where your factors wouldn't apply.
So just to be clear you're arguing the Covid-19 does protect a person from death and there are no other circumstances involved at all?

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
They're fictional characters. They don't live in the Myers home, it's not a real house. Them living in the Myers home is the product of a writer. Them being gay is the product of a writer. It's reasonable to ask why a writer made these decisions.

And yeah, remember that obviously gay kid in the previous film, the one pointedly talking to his dad in a gay voice about how much he likes dancing instead of sport or something and then immediately getting murdered. What the fuck was that?

Like, we've all seen bro horror right? We know this isn't some one time thing which happens by accident.

Don Mancini, who created the Child's Play franchise, is gay. The series (especially the later parts) are full of obvious gay humour and gay sensibility.

Also, the film series ends with Chucky and Tiffany as a lesbian couple, so the word ally may be a bit redundant.

Also, I'm just going to point this out. Bride of Chucky has an openly gay character who dies, and it's fun. It's not hard to tell when someone's being exploitative or not.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
And now Trump supporters being suggested to be to blame for the Alec Baldwin accidentally shooting people on a film set
That's pretty silly.

Obviously what is to blame is the fact that they kept working despite both the voicing of firearm safety concerns on set and not having qualified union labor to handle firearm safety. If you're a real cankerous asshole you can blame IATSE for being on strike too, I guess.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
They're fictional characters. They don't live in the Myers home, it's not a real house. Them living in the Myers home is the product of a writer. Them being gay is the product of a writer. It's reasonable to ask why a writer made these decisions.

And yeah, remember that obviously gay kid in the previous film, the one pointedly talking to his dad in a gay voice about how much he likes dancing instead of sport or something and then immediately getting murdered. What the fuck was that?

Like, we've all seen bro horror right? We know this isn't some one time thing which happens by accident.
I don't know if that kid was supposed to be obviously gay, his voice sounded more like that's just how the kid actor naturally speaks. Him talking about dancing instead of wanting to go camping with his dad did seem to try and get a laugh out of him choosing something considered girly over something considered manly. But then that whole movie felt the need to inject quirky improv humor that clashed with the overall tone. I wound't say whatever gay coding this kid might've had resulted in them killing him off though, since horror movies like this (the popcorn slasher) usually stay far away from having the stalker actually kill a child. The weird vilification of mental illness at the start of the movie felt more egregious to me.

I haven't seen Halloween Kills nor do I care to, but I have heard some grumblings on how the gay couple is depicted rather than them being killed. I mean, Danny McBride is from the early 00's of comedy, so...