Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
This is a legitimate grievance, even though it's politically incorrect. Still it can be dealt with. However, in my mind there is one practically unavoidable consequence when a stack of nerds gets their first few female employees: some of those guys will be attracted to them and that will lead to workplace drama.

Also I honestly don't know how many layers of irony is in this "well what about the rapists and harassers, won't somebody think of them?" I guess it's... funny?

I think this is far from reality. What you're arguing against isn't there either, but you're taking it to stranger places still.
....you know that's part of the entire problem right? The fact that it's really fucking hard to find such a company? I mean it's not like they have a Yelp metric for companies on how often the women get fondled. 3/5 Grabby Hands, decent place to work! That's just not a thing that is out there.

I mean I cringe any time I speak to a young woman about what they want to do with their life, and they mention "I want to go into the military" Not any specific branch, just the military. Because every single one of them, are hostile fucking work environments. They don't really have much in the way of options to find a friendly workplace if they go that route. I'd say probably 85% of the female veterans who come through my office to file for claims, have Military Sexual Trauma on their list, and it's the root cause of a ton of their medical problems. I actively warn them against doing it, because I'm frankly tired of seeing young women coming in, with stories of how their CO swept it under the rug, how they were afraid to report it in the first place, because the person who did it was a higher ranking officer, it goes on and on.

The answer isn't "well just find a place where they won't try and rape you" because the reality is that given the average social attitude of a LOT of guys worldwide, that it's nearly impossible to find anywhere to work where it doesn't happen.

I'm just confused and agitated at this point I'm trying to give the most sanest advice I can think of, trying to give advice to appeal to people, both men and women, on how to avoid potentially horrible company, and I'm getting responses telling me that I am not only wrong, but horrendously wrong. And people telling me I should not have a daughter of my own.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm just confused and agitated at this point I'm trying to give the most sanest advice I can think of, trying to give advice to appeal to people, both men and women, on how to avoid potentially horrible company, and I'm getting responses telling me that I am not only wrong, but horrendously wrong. And people telling me I should not have a daughter of my own.
I get what you're trying to do, but in actuality that doesn't solve the problems and they make things worse. What you're suggesting is really nothing but a different version of separate but equal. And we all know how bull crap that is. Not to mention any implication that all men can't handle themselves and at least one of them is going to obligatory via harasser or sexual abuser. When the simple solution is actually just higher decent and sane people that are focused and do their job. That is what people are so upset over. The fact that you're being oblivious about this is not helping. I know tempers are flared up right now, this is why I exactly don't like this topic in the first place. Even before the name change, it was a big complaint over nothing, because some other jerk off on Twitter was whining about an all guy team. Whoopy damn doo.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I get what you're trying to do, but in actuality that doesn't solve the problems and they make things worse. What you're suggesting is really nothing but a different version of separate but equal. And we all know how bull crap that is. Not to mention any implication that all men can't handle themselves and at least one of them is going to obligatory via harasser or sexual abuser. When the simple solution is actually just higher decent and sane people that are focused and do their job. That is what people are so upset over. The fact that you're being oblivious about this is not helping. I know tempers are flared up right now, this is why I exactly don't like this topic in the first place. Even before the name change, it was a big complaint over nothing, because some other jerk off on Twitter was whining about and all guy team. Whoopy damn doo.
See I agree with what you are saying here. Heck isn't part of my reasoning of "finding a better workplace" implies that there are men that CAN handle themselves, that there are decent and sane people out there that are friendly and cooperative to work with?

All I am saying is "be careful out there" not "ITS YOUR FAULT YOU GOT RAPED, YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAT ALL MEN ARE HORNY PIGS!"

And my "be careful out there" is obviously towards to the people that have not been victimized. If I was talking about the victim, I'd be talking shit about the perpetrator against the victim, how the perp should be fined and tried in the fullest extent of the law.

But anyways. Yes I agree then that it is challenging to find a work place that is safe. Yes I agree that people should be professional and responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all parties.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
New weird set of events in woke world. A minor civil war over the gam Boyfriend Dungeon why? over if it's trigger warnings are good enough

On the returning fire side

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
New weird set of events in woke world. A minor civil war over the gam Boyfriend Dungeon why? over if it's trigger warnings are good enough
AFAIK (as it crossed my feed), the game makers agree the trigger warnings weren't sufficient and have altered them.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
See I agree with what you are saying here. Heck isn't part of my reasoning of "finding a better workplace" implies that there are men that CAN handle themselves, that there are decent and sane people out there that are friendly and cooperative to work with?
The thing is that we shouldn't have to tell women "be careful out there" when it comes to finding a place to work. What we should be doing is DESTROYING THE ABUSERS.

Reactions: BrawlMan

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I wouldn't believe a word out Quarterpounder's mouth if his tongue were notarized. "I can't fap to She-Ra anymore so it's automatically SJW garbage!"

Why not do both?
Because people are too busy telling women they had it coming because their clothes were inappropriate. Or in the case of the Manosphere, because divorce courts.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The thing is that we shouldn't have to tell women "be careful out there" when it comes to finding a place to work. What we should be doing is DESTROYING THE ABUSERS.
The problem is many of the abusers keep turning out to be very much hiding in the opposition to abuse.

I mean again Harvey Weinstein was being celebrated and praised for rallying Hollywood to be #withher a was being presented as some big name standing to women against the evil pussy grabber Donald Trump............And we know how that has turned out so far.

To use a term from Belluar News. "They're Cuttlefish they try to blend in then they bite when given opportunity, it's no longer the age where most of the abuse comes from cigar chomping executives grabbing their secretaries ass"

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
And people telling me I should not have a daughter of my own.
That comment was out of line and the poster should be ashamed of themselves. But you wrote:
find a workplace with folks that are friendly and not abusers. Try to read the room
First of all and most importantly that doesn't work. You can't spot an abusive person like that unless you're psychic and even then things can just change as time goes on (for the better as well). Secondly that's an unfair burden on the job applicant regardless of his/her sex. The thought going in shouldn't be "gee I wonder how many ways my coworkers can fuck me over". Though it will probably hang over Blizzard for a couple of years.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I wouldn't believe a word out Quarterpounder's mouth if his tongue were notarized. "I can't fap to She-Ra anymore so it's automatically SJW garbage!"

Because people are too busy telling women they had it coming because their clothes were inappropriate. Or in the case of the Manosphere, because divorce courts.
The Quartering or ReviewTechUSA?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm ambivalent to fat one.
The reason I despise RTUSA is because he encouraged the harassment and death threats of another YT who did nothing wrong. Him and many others went after Yoshiller, for committing the crime of wearing a Yoshi hat an E3 convention in 2014. Rich just became another loudmouth on YT that is not as smart as they think they are. The dude use to provide actual tech info, and became another useless, secondary opinion, false fact spitting tabloid channel. The fucker is really not much better than the Quart.

This quote from me is on the the trope page back in 2014.

Co Cage: I would like to present Review Tech USA’s response to If You're Over 30 And You Still Love Nintendo, You're Weird. Basically, the "controversy" is about a YouTube user named Yoshiller at E3, whom was interviewed by a news crew. The big deal was that he wore a Yoshi hat while interviewed, and other gamers grew a big fuss that he was invoking a bad stereotype. The problem is Rich goes on this rant about projecting stereotypes and being exclusive is wrong, while going on to call Yoshiller man-child and singled him out based on exaggerated rumors and speculations. Okay Rich, screw you on this, because you don’t know dick about the guy. I saw the guy’s E3 videos, and he looked and acted fine; perfectly composed. He was just doing his thing and showing support for a company he likes. He never acted like a jerk or an immature brat. So let me get this straight: gamers can’t wear or show any support to a video game/video game company they love publicly, but it’s okay for people who like TV shows or movies to do the same. Congratulations dumb-ass, you now just became the thing you hated and jumped on the bandwagon like most news sites. Also, Yoshiller responded in the comments section of the video, and makes a comment not meaning to offend anyone and says that he [[Yoshiller]] still supports his own actions, and rightfully calls out on Rich and others for being ousted. What’s worse is that Rich never responds back nor apologizes about his big research failure (which he usually does when wrong or mistaken). I never agreed with everything Rich said, but I at least respected him, and gave his views food for thought. After an incident like this, I can say he lost a subscriber.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well your answer of "just find somewhere that doesn't sexually harass you" is kind of tone deaf, since the entire issue at hand, is just how systemic the sexual harassment is. I mean sure it's easy to SAY "just go work somewhere else" but, I mean have you looked outside lately? The job market is kind of fucked up. And if you have a certain degree, making a job in that field your best chance for employment, it's not like you can just say "ok well I have a degree in game design, but I guess I'll just go find a job at a bank doing financial analysis, I'm sure it's fine." I WISH it was that easy to change fields, but it's not. So given our fairly specialized job market, and the various specialized skill sets we have to have to get a chance in our various fields, it seriously limits the options of any woman trying to get a good paying job. And if that entire field is being shown to be heavily sexist and predatory. I mean, what, go work at McDonald's?

1. It's probably not going to make you enough money to survive, given how horrific the fast food industry has been for decades.
2. It won't give you any experience in your field for future resumes and advancement.
3. It's probably just as fucking sexist and predatory as the video game industry, or anywhere else. Because for decades, it's been a boy's club where they get to do what they want. I mean there is a reason Mad Men portrayed the business world as they did. And the reality is it didn't just stop being that way when we hit the 80s-90s. It kept going apparently, given the various reports and allegations, for years.

So I appreciate your frustration, I share it regarding the subject, but that response was just really bad.