Gabe Newell Speaks: What About Counter-Strike 2?

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Yeah... I always though CS:S was our CS2... and I was fine with it.

Honestly, are a lot of people really wondering about a CS2 compared anything else Valve could be making?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CS2?!?!
Does not compute!

1.6 and Source are the most played games on steam, by a huge margin*. There's no need for a sequel when you're still selling the decade old original like hotcakes.

*How huge is huge? Well, 1.6 and source have double the number of current players of CoD:Blops... each. The combined player numbers of MW2 and Blops still don't add up to as many players as 1.6. Now that's HUGE!

nagi

Mar 20, 2009
CS2? I don't know, I would buy HL2Ep3 the day it hit the preorder, as would quite many others. First, Ep3, then cs2 in my book. I need my fix sooo bad!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
I don't know about you guys/gals, but i'm getting tired of so many sequels, why don't they try their originality once in a while ??!!

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I'm with most of you. I was expecting he'd bee asked about episode 3. Though I would rather see CS2 than HL2:e3

But their current projects don't look bad at all.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
If I had to choose, I would definitely want a new Counter-Strike before I would have wanted Portal 2, DotA 2, L4D2 or HL2E3.

But then again, CS and CS:S are still doing very well, so I guess it's not that important.

Muco5681

Apr 2, 2010
''and I'm sure some of us would probably like to ask Bobby Kotick if he actually has a soul.''

no he does not he sold it a long time ago along with infinity ward

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Random Argument Man said:
bahumat42 said:
Random Argument Man said:
Half life 2 episode 3 demand in 3.....2...1....
dude why would you tempt them. Their annoying enough when they pop up on their own.
I'm not "tempting". They'll post anyway and I just wanted to make a little fun out of it.
What exactly is your and bahumat42's problem with people still wondering "What about Half-Life 2: Episode 3?" Are you yet another case of 'haters gonna hate'?

Hell-larr-ee-US, you have me in stitches with your "fun", you hipster you.

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
I'd totally go for a Counter Strike 2... since i know it won't be realeased till' after Half Life 2: Episode 3... which means we won't see it for, I don't know, 6 or 7 years.

But then again, Duke Nukem Forever is getting realesed and I predicted that pigs would fly first, OH WAIT! Swine Flu.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Atleast Gabe got the joke. He's reactions are still as adorable as ever.

Detective Paul

Mar 8, 2011
I really believe that the time and money used to make counter strike 2 could be used for a much better purpose. Such as A)Making more half lives. B) Making a program and secretly installing it on Gabe's computer to keep the fat jokes away from him.C)Think of a new direction in which Valve could use their resources.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
From his reaction I deduce this, Episode 3 has been canceled, Half Life 3 is under development, and it will ship with Counter Strike 2.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Tom Phoenix said:
Wouldn't Counter-Strike Source technically qualify as "Counter-Strike 2"?

Nice to see a developer appear at a e-Sports event, though.
Counter-Strike 5, I think. :eek:

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
A CS:S sequal wouldn't be bad, I'd probably play it, I did enjoy CS:S but I got a bit fed up with being abused by the community and migrated to TF2 which I'm a good deal better at... I'd give it another shot, most of the community would probably stick to CS:S anyways, it'd be 1.6 all over again but I digress. I'd play it.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
D'aww, he's like a big fluffy adorable marshmallow! I know people say he's fat and all but... man I just wanna hug him. What a wonderful guy.

jh322

May 14, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
I don't know about you guys/gals, but i'm getting tired of so many sequels, why don't they try their originality once in a while ??!!
what like (the still fairly recent) Left 4 Dead?