Game Articles and Videos Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You know that Cult of the Lamb game? Someone wrote a steam user review about it, and one of their complaints was that for a 22$ cost its 17h playtime representent a poor value. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it.

Naturally, this made a lot of people angry, and got picked up by some media outlets. Lots of bla bla bla later, some Kotaku writer thought it funny to write a satirical piece.

That said, i do think it's kind of an interesting question? What is the 'value' of a game? I mean, that probably has a lot of answer, probably as many as there are people playing games, but I'm interested in hearing people's takes on it. Maybe make thread about it later.
My preemptive short answer would be a game’s value is simply how much enjoyment someone gets out of a game relative to money spent.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lol, Yoko Taro fans are something else
Some people are really that desperate for sex. I'm glad she actually moved on the better things, and actually was able to connect with people that that cared about discussing the game. I don't have that much sympathy for her Tinder actions, but I don't find it too deplorable. At least she learned her lesson, and is actually connecting with persons that care. It's all that matters. Honestly, most of those people trying to bone her, admitted to not even being fans or were "casual" fans in the loosest term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock