Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I give credit to Max being open and seeing different perspectives, but I despise WatchMojo. They're still assholes that don't bother to do their own research and are still one of the most click baiting channels on YouTube ever.

IGN actually made a good video and list. I am shocked they got somebody on staff that knows fighting games. Their list os a million miles better than WatchMojo's bullshit.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I don't even want to read the article. What foolish idiocy, these dumbasses have to "enlighten" people with this time?
You know that Cult of the Lamb game? Someone wrote a steam user review about it, and one of their complaints was that for a 22$ cost its 17h playtime representent a poor value. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it.

Naturally, this made a lot of people angry, and got picked up by some media outlets. Lots of bla bla bla later, some Kotaku writer thought it funny to write a satirical piece.

That said, i do think it's kind of an interesting question? What is the 'value' of a game? I mean, that probably has a lot of answer, probably as many as there are people playing games, but I'm interested in hearing people's takes on it. Maybe make thread about it later.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know that Cult of the Lamb game? Someone wrote a steam user review about it, and one of their complaints was that for a 22$ cost its 17h playtime representent a poor value. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it.
Okay, they're making fun of some spoiled, entitled, jackass. As long as it was a great 17 hours, then I see nothing wrong. Especially for $22.
That said, i do think it's kind of an interesting question? What is the 'value' of a game? I mean, that probably has a lot of answer, probably as many as there are people playing games, but I'm interested in hearing people's takes on it. Maybe make thread about it later.
That all depends on if the game is fun to play, and replay value. I rather take a 6-hour to 14 hour game that is fun, then a 40 plus hour game that's its hideous slog and has repetitive grinding. Plus, I do not have the time for super long games anymore. I usually prefer shorter games. Sometimes I have a problem with short games is the values too high, and there's not enough unlockable content to support it.

Last edited: