Game Articles and Videos Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I know your a big MK fan, @hanselthecaretaker, so this is for you.

Thanks! Won’t be able to watch it live (well maybe sneaking in a few minutes here and there lol) but hopefully there will be the highlights and interview stuff afterwards, which sounds like it should be amazing. Makes me want to reinstall the game just to revisit it after so much MK11. I remember the game releasing on my bday (even got a response from the MK Twitter page for mentioning it lol) and being on a road trip not being able to play until a few days later.

It’s still my most played game on Steam. Also it’s always awesome to hear Max getting really psyched about stuff haha.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
More about the scalpers and the never ending cycle of raising unnecessarily high prices on old and new stuff.

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
EPG is one of my favorites. He goes super deep on the details of cross platforms, ports, and remakes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's a website dedicated to arcade games of different style worth checking out.

Here is site dedicated to beat'em ups. Where have you people been all this time?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Not sure what to make of this list as I’ve only played a handful of these, but Super G&G especially was pretty damn tough.
To borrow a metaphor from Viva La Dirt League "It's like getting repeatedly punched in the dick" and honestly, it's hard not to feel that way trying to play it.

Poor Dunkey was nearly broken by the new one though he did insist on playing it on hard.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
One of the most impressive combinations of tech and art -

Will be a treat to see what other new machines are in Forbidden West.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Not sure what to make of this list as I’ve only played a handful of these, but Super G&G especially was pretty damn tough.
I disagree with some of the list, as certain games are hard for the wrong reason. Or are not hard, and just tedious. Dracula X should not even be at the top of the list. I played Super G&G on the GBA. Back up battery saves for the win. A hard game, but the easiest of the GnG franchise. And most of the games on the list have nothing on the SEGA hard games/difficulty curve.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gaming Brit does not act like a dick, and brings up reasonable points without being a smug douche. His calmer attitude has gotten noticeable since his Ninja Gaiden reviews. DmC and Rising get mentioned and discussed a couple of times and relates to his points on Ascension. Huge progress compared to his demeanor back in 2018.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So, I think we all kind of suspect that David Cage is a creepy slimeball, a blowhard and (ironically) a boob. I considered posting this in Gaming Jokes cuz, you know, David Cage. But if even half of the below is true, not really a joke, is it?
For those who don't speak French, here's a translation. Machine translated, mind you. Didn't feel like doing it all myself, but I looked it over, and while it's a bit awkward at times, it overall gets the meaning across.
On May 27 and 28, 2021, a trial was held in the Paris court between Quantic Dream and the newspapers Le Monde and Mediapart. The video game studio is suing the two newspapers for defamation for articles that reveal

- the existence and distribution within Quantic Dream of racist, homophobic, transphobic and Nazi photomontages.
- a practice of social fraud set up as a system
- and more generally a toxic corporate culture

During these two days of trial, the leaders of Quantic Dream competed with arrogance and amateurism. They came to attack the newspapers, but the trial seems to have turned against them as they struggle to defend their decency and dignity.

So, which moments should we remember from these two days of grotesque trial?

DAVID CAGE stammering, in tears, exclaiming "you interfere in my business! "before leaving the courtroom, fleeing from the defense lawyers' plea. It is obvious that it was difficult for him to talk about honor when mentioned a list of remarks he had made in public: "anyway, in my games, all women are whores", "in the open space, there is a lack of tits" or "at Quantic Dream, we don't make games for fags".

In the case of social fraud, Quantic Dream proudly displayed documents concerning the dismissal of an employee, supposedly showing the good faith of the company. The defense lawyers thank Quantic Dream, because after a quick examination, the documents reveal irregularities implying an illegal dismissal.

Another terrible moment is when we see a dozen or so identical letters of dismissal, all copy/paste, with only the name of the employee changing, and always with the same mention of "differences of opinion with the management", including in the case of GUILLAUME DE FONDAUMIERE's self dismissal. He obviously had difficulty following his own directives.

Questioned on this subject, the CEO of Quantic Dream, at the end of his arguments, asked the magistrates, eye to eye, "but I'm not under oath, so can I lie?" before making a series of dubious allegations, and evoking a company in serious jeopardy (without however being able to provide any proof of any harm).

The gesticulations of the beleaguered CEO might make one smile, if they did not underline the existence of a system of social fraud intended to evade social contributions.

The witnesses called by Quantic Dream, all current or former employees of the company, do not fare any better. Praising so much the virtues of the company, they pushed a judge to ask them to "stop with the elements of language".

The staff representatives, when asked about the actions taken following the publication of the articles, mentioned "informal talks" without being able to cite more concrete actions.

The person in charge of harassment matters at the CSE, for her part, believes that there is no harassment in the company since she has never received a message on the subject.

And everyone seems to be discovering parts of the case, from the toxic nature of the photomontages to the company's institutional fraud practices.

For Solidaires Informatique, beyond the ridiculousness of seeing two bosses stammering when they have to explain their dubious methods, this trial is important, because it dismantles part of the company's vast strategy of rewriting the facts, an agglomeration of intimidation, provocation, false communications and legal proceedings.

The verdict will be given on July 8.

While waiting for this date, we renew our call for solidarity with the former employees who denounced these practices, whom Edwy Plenel congratulated for their courage and described as "whistleblowers".

These people are also subject to judicial repression by the studio Quantic Dream. Some of them are in financial difficulties, without a job or facing important legal fees.

https://www.lepotcommun.fr/pot/2vg0oskx
Also, here's a little background on the how and why of this trial.