Game Articles and Videos Thread

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

The US anniversary "trailer" was just a medley of cutscene clips, meanwhile in China (surprisingly not Japan)

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Some interesting stuff here but honestly I think you can write off most of the gang's problems as a result of:
1.) Dutch is a Narcissist
2.) Dutch is obsessed with Big flashy crimes with the promise of a big reward, which gets a lot of attention
3.) Dutch is smart, but he's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

It really isn't that hard to track the Van Der Linde gang wherever they go because it doesn't take them long to start doing crimes and drawing the heat down upon themselves and any halfway competent lawman could easily track them by the string of gunfights and robberies the leave in their wake.

Let's not forget, before the big finale to chapter 4, Dutch and Arthur shoot up half of St. Denis in the botched streetcar station job. It really wouldn't be that hard for the Pinkertons to connect the dots there.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Huh, interesting that the Ai represented Samus almost exclusively without her helmet on. Or maybe that's just the picture the person chose to keep.
More than likely the user personally picked whatever were the best and consistent images. The full Samus armor and helmet shots used, two of them I counted, look great, so the AI didn't have too much trouble rendering them. Who knows? You'll probably have to ask the uploader.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I gotta admit I'm getting kinda tried of Horizon fans blaming all Horizon's woes on "Bad release dates". Both games made enough to get sequels and niether BOTW or ER were that similar to Horizon other then being Open World.

And honestly, whining that you have to compete with any other big name game at any point just comes across as entitled and whiney as hell. It feels akin to complaining your restaurant would have done so much better if there weren't another restaurant in the same town.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I gotta admit I'm getting kinda tried of Horizon fans blaming all Horizon's woes on "Bad release dates". Both games made enough to get sequels and niether BOTW or ER were that similar to Horizon other then being Open World.

And honestly, whining that you have to compete with any other big name game at any point just comes across as entitled and whiney as hell. It feels akin to complaining your restaurant would have done so much better if there weren't another restaurant in the same town.
Seriously, fuck Game Rant (any other journalist or YouTuber that keeps trying to sell this false narrative). They're a big part of this "problem", and keep instigating this shit. Horizon is a major success. Both games did great. What the hell do you want at this point? If you want your favorite franchise to dominate over everything; too freaking bad. That's not how life works. How about you all shut up, quit crying, and be grateful that you have a game franchise you enjoy? If you don't like the other games, that it's fine, but leave them and their fans alone.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Seriously, fuck Game Rant (any other journalist or YouTuber that keeps trying to sell this false narrative). They're a big part of this "problem", and keep instigating this shit. Horizon is a major success. Both games did great. What the hell do you want at this point? If you want your favorite franchise to dominate over everything; too freaking bad. That's not how life works. How about you all shut up, quit crying, and be grateful that you have a game franchise you enjoy? If you don't like the other games, that it's fine, but leave them and their fans alone.
Also, lots of games come out near the same time, 'cause there's lots of games and only 365 days a year.
The idea that "Elden Ring ruined Horizon FW" is some hardcore games reviewer logic- they "have" to play two big games back to back. Well, the rest of us don't have to do that! Also, most of us aren't going to play both games.
The comparison of the first Horizon to Breath of the Wild was especially galling as they are both console exclusive. What tiny percentage of people have this "problem" of a Playstation 4 and Swtich game competing? Do people actually live this life?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Yeah, pretty sure people who were going to buy either game or both were going to do so anyways, regardless of when they released. They might not play them both right away, but the money’s already been spent anyways. I think there’s still exceptions, like a new GTA is something pretty much any other AAA title would leave a lot of distance from.