Game Articles and Videos Thread

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I didn't realize this Karateka Collection is out now. That's another list to buy.

Recently they have been making remakes and re-releases of every old game out there, but I didn't realize this would get one too. I used to play this one a lot as a kid. After Karateka, that company made the very first Prince of Persia game (even the model for the prince looked and moved like a belt-less version of karateka's main character and the HP meter used the same red triangles)

1694443231525.jpeg

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Recently they have been making remakes and re-releases of every old game out there, but I didn't realize this would get one too. I used to play this one a lot as a kid. After Karateka, that company made the very first Prince of Persia game (even the model for the prince looked and moved like a belt-less version of karateka's main character and the HP meter used the same red triangles)

View attachment 9634
Oh yes, I'm very well aware of this game and Prince of Persia's history. The first time I played Karateka was on a website that had emulator games up and running for free back when I was around 12. It was cool playing one of the very first brawlers from the 80s.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012

A publisher that was somewhat cool/acclaimed like 10 years ago with a waffling at best batting average since is up for sale?

Microsoft : < insert dude behind tree rubbing palms>

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen....Turbo Overkill
I've already got it but I can't play the full release since there is sound weirdness for me. I can only really hear dialog voices and my guns, everything else is super quiet, like they are being played through surround sound speakers that don't work. Chapter 1 and 2 were pretty amazing though.