Game Articles and Videos Thread

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

And now I know what not to buy.

Edit: at the same time I wished they wouldn't target indie games.

Edit 2: Most of the list is like small creator games, is this what's needed to get pretty female characters back into gaming? To bankrupt games that may be woke, but likely innovate on stories. Fuck I just want pretty female characters.

Last edited:

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016

And now I know what not to buy.

Edit: at the same time I wished they wouldn't target indie games.

Edit 2: Most of the list is like small creator games, is this what's needed to get pretty female characters back into gaming? To bankrupt games that may be woke, but likely innovate on stories. Fuck I just want pretty female characters.
Seems some peaple are still fighting on long forgotten battlefields.

I for one certainly won't consider SBIs involvement when buying games at all.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fuck I just want pretty female characters.
Congrats, you got plenty of options and they have not gone away. They never will.

Pick any fighting game for the past 5 years. Tekken 8 just came out, and SF6 is almost a year old now. Guilty Gear Strive still got it.
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • The TakeOver
  • Final Vendetta
  • Double Dragon Gaiden - Linda with DAT ASS shot! Marian is attractive as always, and Lady Okada wears her business suit well and has her own type of sexiness that is not needed with an ass shot nor exposed chest. You get three different types of sexy female right there!
  • Oneechanbara Origin
  • Stellar Blade comes out this year.
  • Genshin Impact
  • Samurai Warriors 5
  • Zenless Zone Zero - Comes out later this year.
  • FFXVI
  • FFVII Remake series
  • RE2R-RE4R & REVIII
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Bayonetta 3
  • No More Heroes III
  • River City Girls Franchise
  • Bloodstained and its 8-bit spin-offs.
  • Dancin Divas
  • Shantae

I can go on all day. We lost nothing. That said, I don't need every single game have my women or men look like impossible super models. Regular looking people with good character (sexy women and men can have that too; I know) works fine for me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cicada 5

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In J's opinion. I'm all for it when RE5R is going to happen. 5 is not a bad game, but it's at its best when doing co-op. Single player? It's doable, but frustrating. I literally only pop in this game, for the Mercenaries Bonus Mode that is automatically unlocked on 8th gen/modern ports.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I guess I owe the first Sonic movie an apology. I noticed a bigger and better influences from the games in the second movie still. Yeah I'll give credit where credit is due on the first movie.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, there's another company whose products I will be avoiding from now on.
I didn't know how deep this got. Granted, I vaguely heard a Sweet Baby Inc. last year. There is definitely some scumbaggery going on. I didn't even know they're involved with the second Alan Wake game, but they seem little involved with that one, as it turned out great. Suicide Squad was doomed from the start, their involvement or not. I blame that one on mainly WB still. They're involvement just only made it more obvious. Regardless, it still doesn't excuse the people acting racist or sexist whenever someone non-white, female, or gay is a main character nor treated like a negative stereotype. That said, two wrongs don't make a right, and SBI I will keep a lookout. That said, if people enjoy these games, even though Sweet Baby is involved, it is their right to do so.

Something I noticed: other than Square enix, SB seems to only be involved with mostly big Western publishers. I didn't really see any Japanese ones on the list, aside from Square. Also, the idea of corporations going into diversity sake and not for the right thing; there's nothing new and I don't know why the guy in the video is acting like this is dome grand revelation. I know the difference between the ones that genuinely try, and those are just phoning it in for the sake of cash. It's not that hard to spot.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I didn't know how deep this got. Granted, I vaguely heard a Sweet Baby Inc. last year. There is definitely some scumbaggery going on. I didn't even know they're involved with the second Alan Wake game, but they seem a little involved with that one, as it turned out great. Suicide Squad was doomed from the start, their involvement or not. I blame that one on mainly WB still. They're involvement just only made it more obvious. Regardless, it still doesn't excuse the people acting racist or sexist whenever someone non-white, female, or gay is a main character nor treated like a negative stereotype. That said, two wrongs don't make a right, and SBI I will keep a lookout. That said, if people enjoy these games, even though Sweet Baby is involved, it is their right to do so.

Something I noticed: other than Square enix, SB seems to only be involved with mostly big Western publishers. I didn't really see any Japanese ones on the list, aside from Square. Also, the idea of corporations going into diversity sake and not for the right thing there's nothing new and I don't know why the guy in the videos acting like this Grand revelation. I know the difference between the ones that genuinely try, and those are just phoning it in for the sake of cash. It's not that hard to spot.
Yeah as much as I despise SBI's antics, I wouldn't dox anyone working there or call anyone out for enjoying the games, because as the video points out I would be stooping to their level.

As for SBI not being involved with JPN publishers, I think it's because they reject Western Cultural "appropriation". This sentiment has apparently been happening in the anime industry as well, particularly with localization and censorship. So JPN publishers and developers don't really wanna work with them, and SBI can't really do anything about it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah as much as I despise SBI's antics, I wouldn't dox anyone working there or call anyone out for enjoying the games, because as the video points out I would be stooping to their level.

As for SBI not being involved with JPN publishers, I think it's because they reject Western Cultural "appropriation". This sentiment has apparently been happening in the anime industry as well, particularly with localization and censorship. So JPB publishers and developers don't really wanna work with them, and SBI can't really do anything about it.
I bet you 100 to 1 Square's not going to make that same mistake again. As for the rest, it only proves that companies like Capcom, SNK, and Namco did diversity for the right reasons, instead of just to check boxes.

Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Story focused wise? Yes. Gameplay wise? No. There are plenty of games that have the Cowboy Western setting has the entire game, but I get what the guy he means.
It was more considering the open world setting than anything, but yeah there were a number of earlier western games in general.

Reactions: BrawlMan