Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"For better or worse, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is going to be whatever it wants to be, and what it wants to be is anything it damn well pleases. Against all common sense, that audacity absolutely works, and I can’t wait to see how the next game gloriously screws things up." 9/10

I admit I haven't seen all her videos on the games, but the written review of Rebirth was glowing.

That's really odd for her. Considering how she was ripping on the remake's story and how much Square fucked it up in the first game. Gameplay was not her problem, though with either game. I wonder what made Sterling change her tune.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

See? This is why playing Japanese games with Japanese dubs is pointless almost every time. You're still reading dub-titles. Cool that some fans scripted in the correct translations.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

See? This is why playing Japanese games with Japanese dubs is pointless almost every time. You're still reading dub-titles. Cool that some fans scripted in the correct translations.
Not really. That's mostly from the old days. Most games have proper translation now. Though you're always gonna have a company that skimps out or don't even bother.

Drathnoxis

I love the smell of card games in the morning
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Thanks for those retrospective and reviews you linked. Ronan is spot on with each of them. SH3 is still my favorite of the original trilogy and I consider the best.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I much prefer the American Sonic dub. The Japanese dialogue is so bland, so generic anime. Sure, the American versions of the characters can be annoying. Very annoying. But annoying ... is not boring.

Except Eggman of course. Can't hate on Mike Pollock. Been acing his role for two decade running now.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I much prefer the American Sonic dub. The Japanese dialogue is so bland, so generic anime. Sure, the American versions of the characters can be annoying. Very annoying. But annoying
The dub voices are really annoying Sonic Heroes (Tails had a different new voice actor at the time, and Cream was way too high pitched) and some parts of Sonic 06. Otherwise, the series always had and will grave great dubbing. Some awkward lines or delivery every now and then (even this is become rarer now), but not bad

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The video below is about loneliness in video games, and it taught me about "The Noble 14," the last 14 people to play the original Halo 2's multiplayer. The servers were officially shut down, except the Noble 14 who somehow managed to stay online together for nearly a month after the shutdown. One by one, they were dropped or booted until it came down to the last person, Apache N4SIR, who managed to stay online for the final 22 hours by himself, literally the last person to play Halo 2 online.

The video below is timestamped to the part of the video where I learned about this. I guess the creator did a good job of dramatizing this, because it actually made me a little sentimental. Halo 2 was the first and last multiplayer game I actually played regularly for a long stretch of time, so I have a lot of good memories in that space. Thinking that the singular moment was identified where there was literally one man standing where once stood millions for YEARS.