Game Dogs: Episode Three: Mr. Yee

AoGenius

Sep 9, 2009
After three episodes I've decided this just isn't funny... Nor interesting. Feels like it's trying too hard to do something unoriginal.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I'll give it one more episode. Maybe after they start making this satanic antarctica game the characters might liven up a bit.

equalplatinum

Jul 10, 2009
Painstake said:
game dogs drinking game:

-everytime a joke misses completely, take a drink
-everytime gary repeats himself due to lack of writer creativity, take a drink
-everytime the girl says anything, snort a line of salt
-everytime 30 seconds pass with essentially nothing being said, stop watching
lol!!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Just a quick question, will there be badges for this? And no, I'm not watching it only for badges, I have actually grown quite fond of the series.

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
I've watched all the episodes so far, this is my first comment on one.

First, the good. I like Mr. Yee. He's a good addition and the only cast member I actually like alot.

Now the bad. The animation is awful. None of the characters actually walk, they have one expression for every single thing and it's all around extremely poor. Please consider at least attempting to make it better.

I dislike the rest of the characters because they are cliched and poor in terms of actual character. The short, pushy boss, the slacker, the gamer girl, the nerd, etc. These are tired, overused cliches. Diversify the cast, make them your own! Don't just rely on tired sterotypes!

The jokes are overall bad and bland. If this is supposed to take place in the mid 80's, early 90's, then they'd be alright. They're still groan-inducing, however, because we've all heard them before. Try making up some new material, stuff that hasn't been done before (at least not in a mainstream aspect).

If this is supposed to take place today, however, these are nigh-unacceptable references. It only makes the show seem extremely (extremely, extremely) dated and stale. We've made a few innovations since 1988, why not incorporate some of them in?

Overall, this is the best episode because of Mr. Yee. I actually like him! Keep it up with him! (please don't run him into the ground, though)

MurderFish

Jan 30, 2010
Well...it's better than the first two, I have to say. I actually like Mr. Yee; he's the only character who actually has original lines that are well written. I particularly enjoyed to part where he talks about how he plans to fire Phil because he doesn't enjoy his shirt ("But, it was a Christmas gift...from YOU." "Yes, how very thoughtless of me..." First laugh this series has ever brought me.)

However, I must agree with Kimosaber above me; the other characters are overused cliches, the animations is severely lacking, the writing is god-awful, and if I hear one more pitch about a video game idea that is obviously about a real-world game, I might just give up on the series all together.

Pl0x to feex noob show, KTHNXBAI.

Jul 23, 2008
Don't quit your day job Russ.

No, really. don't. I like The Escapist. Game dogs... meh. The entire concept reeks of a five hour long brainstorming session that concluded with the line "this will have to do.".

Rionok

Jan 30, 2010
This show just is plain unfunny... the jokes are there but the voice acting doesn't project it and maybe Im just nitpicking but the animation of the characters seem to be ... just not well done... Imo we should get rid of this show and bring back Unforgotten Realms even though it had sooo many openendingsXD! (btw they did that... (i believe)... to have an amazing ending in which everything came together for one of the greatets endings in escapist history)

Gone

Apr 15, 2009
This one wasn't to good for me, but I'm already going to watch it no matter what

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
This show isn't for me, I guess.
Mr. Yee was just annoying, the voice acting was absolutely atrocious this episode around, and the show isn't sure fire jokes, it's referencing and talking.

Talking can be funny, but jokes have to be coming quick and fast. Also probably consider dropping the "Live Studio Audience" card at the beginning. It would certainly make more sense as a television show gag, but as a computer show, it doesn't make sense, nary, even fit in the canon of television show gags.

Also, the idea of including something about Video Games, not just by "Make a Video Game", but maybe throw in some gag about video games.

Make a reference to Okami or something, have someone go "Who would play a game about a painting Dog?" and Have the cast stare at the camera ala "Fourth Wall" breaking.

Is it perfect? No, but it's a start.

One more week. Just one more week.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
"I was reading in Life magazine about how the children of today are being subliminally seduced by rock and/or roll music to worship Satan." - Mr. Yee

Brilliant!

...glad to see that even after 30+ years of heavy metal NOT being the "gateway drug" to Satanism it's still perceived as such. Well, metal and D&D, or course.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to sacrifice a goat over my Slayer CDs and Dungeon Master's Guide. Not sure why, but Satan told me to.

:p

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Mr. Yee had his moments in this episode. However, a lot of his humor was hit or miss. His best lines the delirious conversation derailments (ie. "Fantastic" "What, you liked my idea?" "No, it was terrible. But I just remembered my idea: SATAN WORSHIP and of course "I really liked being 8, it had nice symmetry")

However, his character needs to be a either bit more aggressive or more mellow to to pull it off the jokes.

Also, wasn't the "rock and/or roll" from a line from Rev. Lovejoy?