Game Dogs: Episode Three: Mr. Yee

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Meh I'm still not sold on it. It reminds me allot of Code Monkeys but not as funny and there were allot more gamer jokes in Code Monkeys.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Still not funny in any way. But at least I'm interested in the plot.

Hopefully they create the game and it actually is put on this site. That'd be awesome!

Think, a devil cult, in antarctica murdering seals. Sounds absolutely my kind of game.

tgr

Feb 3, 2008
After the 2 first episodes I was a bit like "Meh, why bother", but watched this anyway... And this was better than the first 2.

Let's see next week.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
I though perhaps it would get better with time but it's still dreadful for me.

I'll go watch Dorealous instead.

JazzCP

May 20, 2009
I wasn't much on this week's episode. The others were OK, but I didn't like this one. I'll give it another week before I make a judgement.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
Mr. Yee kinda of looks like Steve Jobs and his characetr was sorta like his as well (or a parody of it). Wonder if it was intentional and comical reference to it ... If not forgot what I said

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Lizmichi said:
Meh I'm still not sold on it. It reminds me allot of Code Monkeys but not as funny and there were allot more gamer jokes in Code Monkeys.
Good I'm not the only person that thought that!

This episode was really bad in my eyes. Too many "the boss is slow" jokes and I don't get why they established in the last episode the game they were going to make if this episode they are apparently doing something else.

If you are making a show about gaming you need to joke about gaming in it. All I saw was a mario refrence and girls don't play games stereotype.

Rapidly losing intrest in this - best thing was the comment response video

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
The show is getting better. But having Chet pitch a game idea for a pre existing game is one of the lamest running gags I have ever encountered. It wasn't funny the first time he did it, and repetition is not going to make it any better.

I do like the idea of management making high level decisions based of a misinterpretation of an article they once read. I can actually relate to that.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
I knew I'd find what I was watching for. I can tell everybody quite firmly that this WILL be a fantastic show. The entire character of Mr. Yee is hilarious and fantastic from his egocentric money burning all the way down to his Steve Jobs Sweater.

Can't wait for more!

It's unfortunate that a lot of people aren't getting this show. Maybe it needs more genetalia jokes for these people. Or maybe they just need to sit down and plug into "Pirates of Silicon Valley"
Hopefully it is the latter of the two or all hope in humanity is lost...

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
I think when they were talking when they where recording the audio they working on.

I can hear cheater under the audio. Just a mostly at the start and mid but at the end.

Did anyone else hear it?

2d6

Jan 25, 2010
Hmmm.

I know the creators must hate reading bad reviews of their work, but without criticism they won't know what the problem is or how to fix it. So with that in mind...

I didn't smile in this episode either. :( I don't think that a small number of subtle word-play jokes are enough to retain interest for this style of animated series. Not for me anyway... to improve it, I'd suggest:

- More jokes.
- More slapstick/juvenile jokes.
- More interesting/quirky characters & voices.

As is stands, it seems to be a poor Dilbert-relation thats been jazzed up by turning all the people into dogs. In theory it's easier to characterise the characters when they're dogs (which is probably why it was done in the first place), but even so they don't seem to have much character.

I have nothing against the jerky dog animations, but it doesn't match the style of humour used in these videos and I think this mismatch is what it putting off a lot of viewers. :eek:/

Really sorry guys, I don't like to sound negative. I think I'll skip the next few and try again later to see if the style has changed at all. Good luck with it!

Best regards,

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
it was alright.. Bethany 'grrr' didn't sound conviencing.. also, animation needs to be more than hopping to get where they're going.. I'm not sold on it yet (and I've been called a furry, both here and other fourms) so, ya know...