Game remake wishes

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
I'd play a new Quest for Glory. It would need to retain the silly sense of humor, naturally-developing RPG stats, basis in real-world mythology, and charming, enchanted-feeling settings. I think it would do well to have a transfer to a more open-ended play style, though - maybe a bit more linear than an Elder Scrolls game, but the originals were really open-world games with very small worlds, limited by the technology that was available at the time.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
BudZer said:
Tullio said:
It's not obscure, but Ocarina of Time could do with a revamp. Graphical overhaul obviously, but some plot and character problems polished out it could become so much better.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that I liked Ocarina of Time but don't consider it anywhere near the best game ever
They already remade it, it's called "Twilight Princess"

ba dum tsh...
You bastard you beat me to it!

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
CapnGod said:
old games that might be cool to see remade.
Indigo_Dingo said:
Remake Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid (No I don't wanna hear about Twin Snakes, thats incompatable with my gamecube)
I remember this was rumoured. It should happen. Money, money, money.

Goldeneye (N64) - Just graphics and options.
CapnGod said:
Anything anyone else would like to see brought back from the mists of obscurity?
Rings of Power (Megadrive) - It's now almost unplayable because the graphics are so pixelated. It's a huge game with hours of challenge.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to see American McGee's Alice completely remade on a modern game engine. If done right it would be a work of beauty.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
CapnGod said:
Fightgarr said:
1337mokro said:
Any game released after 2000 should have a huge overhaul in where all the shittyness is extracted and launched to the moon and the holes from where the shittyness came should be filled up with originality, witty humour and FUN. Something most games strangely lack nowadays, which is weird because a game, according to the dictionary of modern english, is something built to amuse the participants and make them enjoy themselves, while most games now a day are about getting you interested enough to get to the end so you can return it to the store the next day because all games are somehow 4-6 hours long.
Because every game made after 2000 is automatically shit.

Wow, that's great logic.
You know, he's right. I haven't had any fun whatsoever in any of the games I've purchased since 2000. Not one single bit. I hate killing Baal, or playing Geometry Wars, or playing Halo or playing plastic guitar or anything. That was a very deeply insightful post, and if it weren't for you, I'd never have opened my eyes to the harsh light of reality.

Troll elsewhere, child.
Every game that you have now mentioned started production before 2000, before the onslaught of the stupid virus.

And Baal is multiple persons it could be from Diablo (a series started before 2000) but also from Baal the game on the amiga from 1988. So in both cases it is still prior to 2000.
And if you mean Baal the planet from Warhammer 40000 you can't kill it, and I honestly hope you don't mean Baal from that J rpg thing spin off of some series I forgot the name of.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
CapnGod said:
Fightgarr said:
1337mokro said:
Any game released after 2000 should have a huge overhaul in where all the shittyness is extracted and launched to the moon and the holes from where the shittyness came should be filled up with originality, witty humour and FUN. Something most games strangely lack nowadays, which is weird because a game, according to the dictionary of modern english, is something built to amuse the participants and make them enjoy themselves, while most games now a day are about getting you interested enough to get to the end so you can return it to the store the next day because all games are somehow 4-6 hours long.
Because every game made after 2000 is automatically shit.

Wow, that's great logic.
You know, he's right. I haven't had any fun whatsoever in any of the games I've purchased since 2000. Not one single bit. I hate killing Baal, or playing Geometry Wars, or playing Halo or playing plastic guitar or anything. That was a very deeply insightful post, and if it weren't for you, I'd never have opened my eyes to the harsh light of reality.

Troll elsewhere, child.
EDIT: Sorry I missed your sarcasm, and I thought you were calling me the troll.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Fightgarr said:
So you thought that System Shock 2, SotC, Grim Fandango, Portal and countless other games which I and many others love are trash? I'm sorry but it seems to me that calling games terrible just because they're made beyond 2000 is a little much. Sure they aren't common, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I also don't see how I was trolling, nor do I see how I'm being childish, so don't be condescending to me.
Hold on there a second. They weren't calling you a troll, they were referring to the idiot that you were quoting.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Goldeneye and Body Harvest are the only ones that spring instantly to mind. Perhaps Perfect Dark, but considering how rare handled the sequel, perhaps I should think twice.

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
I'd like to see a remake of Bubsy the Bobcat (SNES), Golden Eye would be a good one and also a decent, probably cell-shaded Earth Worm Jim. Earth Worm Jim and 3D just don't work.

Sensenmann

Oct 16, 2008
Evil Genius, for a new storyline and because it is still a wide avenue of opportunity.

Quake 3 Arena, for its awesomeness, it must be repeated.

ORIGINAL Red Faction. In RF2 the destructible was hardly used, thus the game was quite the pile of poop, dont like the sound of the new one either.

ianuam

Aug 28, 2008
Skies of Arcadia, just a little graphics overhaul i think, nothing too drastic. I believe that with current technology it could look very pretty indeed.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Remakes of the first 3 MGS games with graphics and controls like MGS4. That would be so cool.
And remakes of the old Resident Evil games like Residents Evil's 4 and 5. That would be nice.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Monkeyman8 said:
WoW except make it a not shit RPG, preferably not MMO
I had an idea like this, it was an epic, single-player RPG in the line of Bioware.

My vote for a remake would probably be a new Rome: Total War. It's still the best of the series, and a revamped physics engine and camera would go far in helping the player recreate sprawling, huge battles. Awesome, yes?