Game remake wishes

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
I'd like a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Everyone has told me how great it is, but the shitty mid-90s graphics hurt my eyes so I never really started playing it. I've become spoiled by the next generation consoles.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Good morning blues said:
I'd play a new Quest for Glory. It would need to retain the silly sense of humor, naturally-developing RPG stats, basis in real-world mythology, and charming, enchanted-feeling settings. I think it would do well to have a transfer to a more open-ended play style, though - maybe a bit more linear than an Elder Scrolls game, but the originals were really open-world games with very small worlds, limited by the technology that was available at the time.

Oh, god yes. That was my favorite game series growing up.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
he said not a shit rpg, rts' aren't shit RPG's and playing online you can play RPGs like TBR and Defi4nce so I win. And Live and Loaded had a storey mode

anyway: I think that the original Red Alert should be done with a graphics boost, that would awesome or this game that I have somewhere on the PSx or PC (not 100% sure) where you make your own troops and vehicles and send them out to kill enemies for better technology

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
My wish is for them to stop remaking things, especially series that should've died out long ago.
We're looking at you, Tomb Raider, Sonic, System Shock...

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
DanTheBigMan said:
My wish is for them to stop remaking things, especially series that should've died out long ago.
We're looking at you, Tomb Raider, Sonic, System Shock...
Unfortunaly thanks to EA,THQ and Activision that will never happen

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
Remake Syndicate now! Just with better graphics and all that.
Seconded. Someone needs to find out if EA/Bullfrog let the copyright lapse: it would be a gold-mine.

creaney

Dec 12, 2008
BudZer said:
Anyway the only game that truly deserves a remake in my eyes is the original Half-Life.
They did, its called Half Life:source (guess what's different ^^)

The problem with just remaking games is that it starts to stagnate, with all the awesomeness in them they will end up tarnished if the only difference is an upgrade in graphics. The only way to avoid this is to add content like team fortress 2 or to make it a sequel which doesn't always end well.

To give an example:
1) I've played Half Life and it is awesome
2) I didn't bother playing Half Life:source as I had played Half life before
3) I've played Half Life 2 and it is awesome

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
I'd like to see Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker remade with LOZ: Twilight Princess graphics. I did really like wind waker, and I think it would be taken more seriously if they hadn't made it look like a terrible cartoon. Although I would definitely like to play as a wolf in that game too, so they'll probably do that again instead. Maybe instead of that sailing portion of Wind Waker you could doggie-paddle to each island.

I've said these next three before, but I can't remember on what forum. Jet Force Gemini, especially now that we have online play and every controller has two analog sticks, or an analog stick and aiming remote, for proper shooter gameplay without a mouse.

Starfox, as it played inStarfox: Assault, the combination of being able to jump in and out of vehicles and updated on-foot controls would make this a nice online game as well I think. Having arwing battles in the skies over a ground battle at the same time would work nicely I think, since most multiplayer battlefield type games have restricted dogfighting-type stuff and it would be a nice mix, especially with different ships and multiplayer games, like instead of chasing the guy who captured your flag on foot, you would have an dogfight to shoot him down, or he could run away on foot. A new campaign with online co-op would be good too. Unfortunately, this would all have to be done by Nintendo, who have shown little aptitude for good online gaming, it would work so much better on Xbox or Playstation.

Lastly would be Megaman Legends, not necessarily the same storyline (in fact I might actually prefer a 3D shooter from the X series or Megaman Zero Series, or Megaman Zx series, since that's basically the same gameplay as Megaman Zero but with a weirder storyline), but a Megaman game 3D shooter, that, once again, would work a lot better with todays control scheme.

I guess the last three are all under the same category of stuff I enjoyed playing and would benefit from a modern day updates to control scheme and gameplay. One should note that aside from this I desired no real innovation, this might seem unimaginative or unambitious, and I'm definitely not against new game ideas, but sometimes just making the same thing only slightly better can still provide entertainment. If only the sonic team knew this...

Sethran

Jedi
Jun 15, 2008
FF7.

It'd be stupid for SquareEnix not to remake it, 'cuz that's a shitload of money waiting to happen -- and Sony could use the boost, considering they took their first loss income-wise in the past fourteen years last year >_>

P.S. Windwaker was stylized, it was meant to look that way -- not a limitation of the graphics @_@ That'd be like wanting TF2 in CoD graphics, it's just not meant to be that way -- takes away from the experience.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Oh don't get me wrong, Sethran, I liked the graphics in Wind Waker, I thought it was an interesting change, but most people didn't like it from what I've heard, but it would be interesting to see it in Twilight Princess graphics, and with less sailing, or less annoying sailing.

And might I remind you that Team Fortress one was in realistic (at the time anyway) and not stylized graphics, granted it was a mod originally, but they could've reskinned them that way if they wanted to.

Earlier someone said something about all games after the year 2000 not being good, perhaps it is a good strategy to expect games that aren't out yet to be bad so you are pleasantly surprised if they are not, and perhaps you didn't like anything from beyond that year, but I happen to really like Psychonauts, among other things, I will be the first to admit that a lot of good games have their flaws, but developers have to learn how to make good games somehow. Although some never seem to learn (sonic games, again...). I would say you have unreasonably high standards, or haven't been playing that many different games.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I think they should remake Pandemonium!, I played a demo and loved it but never played the full game, and now thinking about it the game would look absolutely awesome if remade - playing a crazy court jester on a PS1 was good, imagine if it was on a next gen system? Plus they could do all sorts with it, maybe have a Fable/Oblivion choice where you can be evil or good (Joker, anyone?)

jhonka

Dec 11, 2008
Jagged Alliance 2. The game's just wicked and with some modern day graphics it could also be great looking(though the painted-like scenery made the feel of a war ridden terrain).

Ufo enemy unknown or x-com ufo defence as americans would remember it.

EDIT: ADOM with real graphics. If someone has actually played this long enough to be able to have a real opinion about it, then he knows why it would be AWESOME. ADOM would definetly be the best game of everything ever!!

linkdestroyer

Jun 27, 2008
1) TOTALLY AGREE WITH Descent.
2) Homeworld anyone? 2 was alright but nothing beats making off with capital ships with only a bunch of salvage corvettes. And no story is better than you starting out with only 10 fighters and a handful of corvettes. And at the end you have a massive fleet, half of it captured.
3) Age of Empires 1 and 2.
4) Ill regret mentioning this one but Doom.
5) I wouldn't mind seeing Halo's first campaign in Halo 3's graphics and game play mechanics.
6) Lemmings!!!