Game series you are absolutely sick of.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Mario is the only series that grinds my gears because Mario himself is the most obnoxious **** of a "legendary" video game character I've ever laid eyes on. Other than that I don't care. I'm still desperately hoping that Square Enix will pull their heads back out of their asses with this sequels to FF XIII junk and make a good Final Fantasy game again.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
DarkRyter said:
miketehmage said:
Also assassin's creed. A trilogy would have been just fine imo.
There's only been two games, though.
I'm assuming by that you mean the first Assassin's Creed featuring Altair and then the second one being the story of Ezio.

I very much disagree that there has only been 2 games. I count four. I'll list them for you:

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations

And that's only while I was paying attention.

I'm fairly certain Brotherhood and Revelations were sold at the same price as a full game would sell for, so you certainly can't call them expansion packs can you?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Can Final Fantasy even be considered a series, most of the games don't even take place in the same world, it's more of a market stunt then a sequel.

OT: I don't care enough to wish any series away but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Assassins Creed it's just so boring.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Korten12 said:
arc1991 said:
*Sigh* "We were told Halo 3 was the last, they are clearly milking it"

False, we were told to "Finish the fight". That fight was the Human/Covenant war, which did end, now it is a completely new story exploring the Foreruners, Some Covy's are present, but it's unclear how they got to the Shield World, they could easily be stranded there and do not know the war is over.

Fair enough you don't like the sound of a new trilogy but don't spew false information.
No the Covies know the war is over, they're part of a Splinter Covenant Loyalist group called "The Storm" which formed in the wake of the end of the war. They found the Shield World after picking up the Forward Unto Dawns signal which was as they were just outside it.
Ahh fair enough, kinda makes sense i suppose xD So i take it they are just less of a threat? At least they found a decent way of keeping the Covies in the game, they are always fun to kill.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Ghostwise said:
Halo has always been pretty generic in my eyes.
I am not criticising your right to dislike Halo, but if you think it is generic then you do not know what the word means.

If it was generic, then if somebody took a random screen shot, and asked you what game it was from, you'd struggle to name it because of how similar to other games it was.

If somebody asked you what features it created in gaming, or made it stand out, you wouldn't be able to name any.

If somebody asked you what made it's story stand out or be different from other sci-fi's, you couldn't.

The fact is, that all three of these are not possible for anybody who has played a decent amount of first person shooter or sci-fi.

So sure, the game could be bad in your eyes, but it's not generic.

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
Jerry Pendleton said:
I hate hearing people complain about Pokemon, mostly because they can't be bothered with learn anything outside the first or second gen. They fail to understand why something as such as the game's core gameplay hasn't changed, because it is compensating for backwards compatibility. Or the fact that it story has evolved from just being about defeating gym leaders and evil organizations to more complex themes such as whether or not it is ethical to have Pokemon. Or they don't understand the breeding mechanic, EV and IV, or the whole Special/Physical attack split that happened in the 4th gen.
One new story theme, yay! One that they never touched on for over five editions of the game despite how obvious of a theme it was in the first place. Seriously, how the hell did it take them ten years to think they should add that into the game?

Whatever, you like the game but this thread is about bitching about games you are sick of and I am sick of pokemon because I am so sick of people going "OMG new pokemons" every year.

I can see why people are irritated by CoD, but pokemon has been doing what CoD has for longer yet I see no one ***** about that unless I missed a couple posts about it or something. It seems almost hypocritical to complain about CoD while giving pokemon a free pass.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Madden NFL. Not a pot shot against sports fans at all. I just want the NFL street, Blitz, the old clunky and fun games that would come out and just be a blast to play, without being mega hardcore fanatics about the NFL.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I don't want Halo 4 to come out. I'm a huge Halo fan and I've loved all the games, especially the multiplayer. It was arcadey, could be taken seriously, had lots of strategy, not much twitch gaming and was a great throwback(-ish) to old-school shooters where you had to find your weapons.

Unfortunately, Halo 4 seems to be catering to the Call of Duty fanbase. They're adding points, custom classes and varying spawns. What this will do is alienate part of your fanbase and the Call of Duty fans won't even look at it because it isn't a gritty, realistic shooter.

*end rant*

Halo, Call of Duty and Resident Evil are the big ones for me.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Mario. To say Nintendo has milked that franchise doesn't even begin to describe it. I mean for Christ's sake there are twelve Mario Party games! Twelve!

leonhax

Jul 5, 2011
mario and sonic.... just stop, they had a prime and they have passed it, really :S

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Final Fantasy needs to live up to its name. I don't play RPG's much these days anyway but the story, characters, and gameplay (if you dare call it that) of FFXIII were weak. Time to take it out back, load the shotgun, and blow the mother away.

But in reply to the OP, aside from it's fanbase there's really nothing wrong with Halo, it's got great art direction, keeps trying to look better, and deserves due props for legitimizing FPSs on consoles and making co-op exist.

I see alot of replies to sports games but that really doesn't make sense for me as a target of scorn. I don't like sports games, or sports for that matter; I can have fun watching a game with friends and a few beers but it all seems inconsequential to me. That being said the games need new rosters each year and at least they keep trying to evolve, unlike some series who haven't gotten a new engine in six installments *meaningful gaze towards CoD*.

Captcha = trust me, very nice

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
Assassin's Creed
First and second one were fine, then it just got well repetitive and boring. Couldn't even be less excited about the whole AC 3 business.
Oh, and I almost forgot! Mario Party needs to rest for atleast 15 years.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
CoD, of course...

...other then that, none I can name right off... Although Halo is getting there...

I loved the series up to Halo 3, with each game after that making me lose faith ever so slowly... If Halo 4 isn't God's gift to man, then I'll have lost all interest in it forever...

Edit: A little more thinking brought up a few more series...

Pokemon: I love Pokemon, but I think it just needs to die... they should make one more game where you travel through all the regions, facing increasingly difficult trainers and gyms, and can catch all the Pokemon and then they should let it rest for a bit. Either that, or invest in some gameplay mechanics that really 1-Up the previous generations

Assassin's Creed: I'm sure 20 other people before me have discussed this

And Gears of War... I believe that games should die on a good note. i thought Gears died on a good note... please revive it unless you can top the endings...

Snydeclyde

Jun 23, 2012
Regarding CoD, i dont hate CoD, its just that it annoys me because alot of my friends who arent as in to gaming as me only play CoD and therefore havent tried any of the countless decent games there are, because all their gaming time involves trying to level up on CoD mp

As for my choice: Fallout
I never played the first 2 games so my experience is only with fallout 3, although all id ever heard was that theyre masterpieces and all that, to keep it short, i just dont enjoy it, gameplay, story, backstory, just not enjoying it. New Vegas came along and i just saw what appeared to be the same game, but in vegas, same deserty barren scenery ect. But if i mention my opinion to anyone they almost choke at my blastphemy, but yeh, i just cant be doing with anymore megahype for these games.