Gamers Find "Leviathan" DLC Inside Mass Effect 3's New Ending

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
On one hand, this sounds really cool.

On the other hand, who cares if we get him in the final battle? It's not going to change the endings.
Or.... what if it did? What if it was planned to put another ending in the game all along? Far fetched, yes... but its not an unreasonable line of thought, either.
Not unreasonable, but I doubt it will happen.
Probably not... but speculation is the spice of life!!! :D

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
Seeing how I have 3 characters all saved right before the collector base I really hope that this mission or whatever added in allows me to access it from that late in the story, since I really don't want to start a new save.

Or better yet just release it without achievements so my 52/52 doesnt get affected.

EDIT: And to all those wanting post-story DLC like Omega and shit, it's obviously not going to happen! Do people forget that once you beat the game it just reloads your save to before the final battle? This ain't like ME2 where after the suicide mission you just chill on the Normandy.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Yep, I'd say my interest in ME3 DLC is minimal.

I wanted post-game DLC. Not crap that takes place earlier and ultimately has no impact on how things end.

As others have said, unless it fixes the ending, it's not that interesting to me. I'm done being the guy that defends the writers' "artistic integrity". I've swung to the other end of the spectrum. Those writers can stick their "artistic integrity" in their fucking ear.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Wow that sounds awesome. Will hopefully also help Bioware to rebuild their reputation for fantastic storylines after the less than appealing original ending trilogy.

Here's hoping!

survivor686

Jan 15, 2012
Interesting...most interesting. Hopefully it will have some more Ash dialogue, she was neglected too much in ME3.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
There is quite a few people i've seen in various me3 threads arguing that the reapers were an unstoppable force and it is simply "not" possible to beat them conventionally.

That stance looked increasingly flingy as the games went by and reapers became more and more faillible and our impression of their invincibility came from our ignorance (we initially assumed reapers wiped out everything relatively quickly, then found out later that they needed centuries to wipe out the protheans, and even took casualties).

Now the current galactic cycle not only foils the main reaper plan (surprise attack via citadel), has access to reaper tech and weaponry (those thanix weapons are a big deal despite upgrading an entire fleet with them only resulting in like 5 measly ems points) and now will have potential access and recruitement of an actual reaper? One who can completely reveal away all the mysteries and secrets of their previously invincible foes? Unless they pull off a jareik "im a soldier so dunno anything that can really help" explanation then this is quite a big deal.

The refusal ending is looking like such BS now. Screw the crucible, and screw earth. Prepare for a long centuries war with the reapers, the current galactic cycle of the me universe now has all it needs to fight a prolonged war vs the reapers.

So yeh cool idea for a DLC, but feels cheap considering it likely won't have any impact on the endings despite my feelings above.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
A Raging Emo said:
My favourite colour is red.

Surely that I'd also end up destroying Leviathan?
This. How precisely does the kill-those-meanies option become morally viable at all - other than the "it's for the greater good" that's been spurt all the time - if you kill a goddamn allied Reaper?

Riff Moonraker said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

On the other hand, who cares if we get him in the final battle? It's not going to change the endings.
Or.... what if it did? What if it was planned to put another ending in the game all along? Far fetched, yes... but its not an unreasonable line of thought, either.
"Artistic integrity this, artistic integrity that ... But hey, look, we're friends with you: We changed the ending according to what you wanted and now we're going to change it even more because we want to cash in!" ... Tooootally reasonable.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
I would probably be more interested if the result of the DLC wasn't

Congratulations! You recruited a multi-millenia old war machine to your cause, +50 war assets.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
For some reason I picture Shepard riding on the back of a Reaper waving a cowboy hat around yelling "Yeeeehaw!"

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Darkmantle said:
HEY! ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS FROM BEYOND THE VOID HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!!
Well played sir. Now I imagine Cthulu taking extra therapy sessions for that boat that hit him on the head.

Darkmantle said:
yeah the writing department is in the shitter.
PingoBlack said:
Oh, Reapers have free will now?

Hahahahaha, this BioWare storytelling is sure getting better and more consistent since they sent Drew to write the great success known as SW:ToR.
Ok good, I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this.

Tank207 said:
For some reason I picture Shepard riding on the back of a Reaper waving a cowboy hat around yelling "Yeeeehaw!"
It's sad because that's actually more entertaining than anything Bioware can write now.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I like the idea of having more Mass Effect. The universe they crafted is rich and diverse.

However, I believe Shepard's story is at an end. Let another take up the reigns.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I'm so pissed at this that I can't even get worked up about this bullshit. Does anyone remember that one person who filed a complaint against EAWare for false advertisement? It's time we cashed in on that and sued them to hammer the message home that we're not going to take it anymore.

Captcha: change yourself

Gridlock

Feb 8, 2010
I´m going to be the cynical one and say i don´t give a fuck, they can make it so we have a gazillion giant Reapers on our side, as long as the ending stays the same nothing we do before the battle will mean anything what so ever.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Well look at this, DLC for Mass Effect 3 that isnt for Multiplayer or to cater to the people who overexaggerated the ending of game. Goodie!

I was wondering if ME3 would have some great stand-alone DLC like Overlord or Lair of The Shadow Broker from Mass Effect 2. At the same time, I liked the whole Leviathan of Dis thing being a fun footnote from planetary exploration.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

My thoughts 100% when I first read the article. So I might get a Reaper for the final battle, will it make any difference when taking on the Reapers conventionally? Probably not. Giving me an extra, let's say, 100-200 points to my war assets changes nothing.

If Bioware makes this DLC strong enough as a stand-alone chapter, like the Shadow Broker DLC, then I might be interested to boot up my pre-Cronos station attack savegame to try it out. If it's meant to tie in to the ending and change it ever so slightly, I'll probably pass.

gnihton

Mar 18, 2012
Elmoth said:
Daget Sparrow said:
NO. BAD BIOWARE. DON'T TELL ME WHO MADE THE REAPERS. Keep the Reaper's origin a mystery, it makes for a WAY more interesting story.
They are already just the tools of the catalyst. . . They're hardly villains anymore.
This DLC shows that they have free will.

Which breaks the ending even more. Christ, Bioware.

Chaos1228

Sep 28, 2011
Eh, looks interesting enough. Might be a nice reason to get back into the game again. What might be cool though is to add a cutscene of Leviathan and say Harbinger fighting/talking etc.