Gamers Rage About Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

DTH1337

Feb 27, 2012
This rage from gamers over this one game coming to the Wii U is ridiculous and pathetic.

I mean, come on, you wanted a sequel for Bayonetta to come out, you wanted Sega to announce it, and then Sega goes and cancels it. But then, just as all hope for a sequel is lost, Nintendo comes along and decides to help Platinum Games out by publishing it for the Wii U.

Sure, it's not the console we would have wanted it for, but at least the game is now actually getting made.

Is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U a betrayal for the gamers and the games industry? No! It would be a betrayal if the game wasn't being made at all.

These gamers who keep raging about certain things are just being idiots at this point because they believe that certain announcements are betraying the gamers or something. First there were those morons on the PSN community who were whining night and day about why CS:GO hadn't arrived on PSN (even though the PC/Mac version was already available and without a doubt superior to the console versions), then there was that absurd rage about Terraria being ported to PS3 and 360 (which will simply expand the games popularity and open it up to more people, and not affect the games industry in any negative way whatsoever), and now this.

To all of you guys mentioned in this, grow up, stop all of this pathetic ranting about things that aren't negatively impacting the industry, and just enjoy the games, or at the very least do something productive with your lives.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
DustyDrB said:
Oh that's right, people can't be pissed off anymore... because anyone who voices their annoyances are obviously all just dirty no good whiners.
That's honestly true of 99% of what I'm seeing about this news, though. I really don't think I've seen a single good excuse to rage over this. This is even more true because the bottom line is this...

Sarah LeBoeuf said:
If it was a choice between a Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2 and no Bayonetta 2 at all, wouldn't the console exclusive be the better option?
Without Nintendo's intervention, you likely never have the option of playing Bayonetta 2. With them, you have that option. Maybe you have to wait a while to make the console otherwise worth buying (either by it getting a lot of other games you paying less for the console by way of a price drop or used purchase). But you have the option. How is that worse? Explain to me in excruciating detail.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
From what I understand a sequel to Bayonetta wasn't on the cards at all until Nintendo stepped in. Yeah it sucks to have to fork out for a new console for a sequel to a game you like but unfortunately that is just the way it's gone.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Surely this news should make Bayonetta fans happy, right?
Umm, Are you new to the internet, ma'am?
Either way, I never played Bayonetta, but I can bet you ten dollars right now that most Bayonetta fans would answer your "Wii-U is better than nothing, right?" question with "no".
Most gamers I know would rather let a franchise die than end up on Wii or Wii-U...I myself don't really care though.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Haha, let them kill themselves, the world would be better off.

Can anyone else guess what question will most likely pop up on Totalbiscuit's The Mailbox on Monday?

"TB, TB, give us a validation of our extreme reactions"

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
WiiU is BAD TECH! It's not "next-gen", it's overpriced and is many ways a step back.

Good games on bad tech is not a good solution.

Bayonetta 2 deserves a release on the same platform that the fans played it on, PS3 and 360.

ZippyDSMlee said:
Unless nin bought it out right it should go multi after 6-12 months.
Here's hoping.

But Nintendo have done a wonderful job of screwing gamers in recent years. Team Ninja on Other M. Endless "new" super mario and so on.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
If you were to write an article about every childish tantrum on the internet...

Captcha agreeing: best fit line.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Why would Bayonetta fans be happy to be forced into getting the WiiU? When the sequel could and should be released on Xbox 360 and/or PS3 that they already own as to be fans they played the prequel on PS3 or 360.

People do NOT have faith in WiiU. It's seen not as next-gen but overpriced and a gimmicky controller they don't want and especially don't want to pay for.

WiiU MIGHT be worth it with the following improvements:
-drop kick the tablet controller into a landfill and forget about it, don't sell it as a peripheral or a bundle
-With price savings from losing the gimmicky controller, cut the price down from $350 to $200 using a proper gamepad
-Forget the 8 to 32GB of flash memory, put a proper HDD in there and allow full game installs
-Render Wii 1 games in backwards-compatibility in higher res and post-processing anti-aliasing, this is not hard to drop in.
-have very robust online multiplayer and and open and fair store for developers.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Why are people getting so upset over this mediocre game? I played Bayonetta from start to finish I didn't find it all that great, I'd give it a 7 to 7.5/10. That's hardly a game to get upset about. The story is wacked and the combat is a DMC clone.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, people are being idiots about this whole thing.

DustyDrB said:
It wouldn't be made at all without Nintendo stepping in to publish it. Them's the facts.
THIS, This point cannot be stressed enough.
All the blind ragers who are hating on Platinum and Nintendo, if you need to hate anyone (and god knows the legions of angry entitled gamers do) you should be hating on Sega for passing up a sequel.

And again, I have to ask the people who are bitching about the fact that they'll never get to play it now. Why?
What is physically stopping you from getting a WiiU? I can understand if you don't want to get it for just one game, like the gentleman I quoted. But the majority of excuses really seem to be centered around a hatred of Nintendo.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Treblaine said:
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Why would Bayonetta fans be happy to be forced into getting the WiiU? When the sequel could and should be released on Xbox 360 and/or PS3 that they already own as to be fans they played the prequel on PS3 or 360.

People do NOT have faith in WiiU. It's seen not as next-gen but overpriced and a gimmicky controller they don't want and especially don't want to pay for.

-drop kick the tablet controller into a landfill and forget about it, don't sell it as a peripheral or a bundle
-With price savings from losing the gimmicky controller, cut the price down from $350 to $200 using a proper gamepad
-Forget the 8 to 32GB of flash memory, put a proper HDD in there and allow full game installs
-Render Wii 1 games in backwards-compatibility in higher res and post-processing anti-aliasing, this is not hard to drop in.
-have very robust online multiplayer and and open and fair store for developers.
So basically... the only way you care about Nintendo is if they get rid of everything that makes them Nintendo. The base system is only $300, you can use your flash drives or external hard drives if you want, but save games will load fast because they went with a SSD instead of HDD, and they would basically become more technologically advanced 360, but for the same price as the ancient 360. Yeah. Not happening.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Treblaine said:

1: Your first complaint, plain and simply, sucks. That's like arguing for any new console to ever be made. If your made that Bayonetta 2 is coming for a Next Gen console, then where you pissed when Halo 3 was gonna be on Xbox 360 and Not Xbox? How about when Metal Gear 3 was gonna be on PS2 and not the first PS? How about when Super Mario 64 was on the Nintendo 64, and not the SNES? That argument, "A Game should be released on Older consoles, not newer ones!" would mean no new console would ever be made, ever.

2: For all intents and purposes, Yes, yes it is. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Technical_specifications] It is much more powerful then either the PS3 or XBox 360, it has more space then either of those two specifically for games (1 GB beats 512 MB any day), and it has 1080i HD instead of 720p HD. It is the next generation.

3:
-Oh sure, so every controller can be boring and unoriginal, and so people can complain about how there is no creativity in Controller design!
-I can't argue with that point.
-It's not Flash memory. HDD is flash memory. Nintendo is using SDD, and you can plug in any extra memory thing you want. 8 and 32 GB of SDD instantly can become 1TB of SDD if you simply plug a 1TB SD Card into it.
-Why? Most of the Wii Games suck! THe ones that are good don't need advancing, and why would you wanna improve the sucky ones?
-They will!

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
RatRace123 said:
What is physically stopping you from getting a WiiU?
The gimmicky controller. Until they prove that the majority of the games being released have normal controller functionality, I'm not even thinking about buying one.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
Bayonetta 2 may-aswell not exist for me.
Ah yes you have it there exactly there is no deference between no Bayonetta 2 and a Bayonetta 2 on a system you don't own. which you should have the exact same feelings about it as you did before the announcement. As back then you had no Bayonetta 2 at all.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
DRTJR said:
Oh no a game you want is on a system you don't own.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time that happened...

I would have been able to afford the consoles I didn't have!!!

But seriously, is anyone surprised? Any sequel to a popular franchise that comes out as an exclusive is bound to produce fanboy rage. Apparently the opposite is also true; just look at Terraria. Let the pissants moan and *****, and go on about your business.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Sean951 said:
Treblaine said:
Sarah LeBoeuf said:

So basically... the only way you care about Nintendo is if they get rid of everything that makes them Nintendo. The base system is only $300, you can use your flash drives or external hard drives if you want, but save games will load fast because they went with a SSD instead of HDD, and they would basically become more technologically advanced 360, but for the same price as the ancient 360. Yeah. Not happening.
Yeah, because I don't like what Nintendo is doing, but I don't wish bankruptcy on them, they have enough good that they just need to stop their bad practices.

Base system only $300? Then they can cut the price even more by ditching the pointless tablet controller. HDD connected to the CPU/RAM via a high speed low latency port, NOT via a USB drive chassis.

Gamecube didn't have a gimmick, it didn't need one to be good.

I've been using SSD on PC, the advances are not worth it for consoles, it's only barely worth it with PC for heavy image and video editing.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Conn1496 said:
Alternate title: "Angry nerds wanna see boobs, but don't want WiiU"

RAGEEEEE.
exactly, they wouldn't buy it if it's on Nintendo but if the newest xbox or playstation said that they were going to release it then of course they'd shell out for the console and the game, no questions asked. So why does Nintendo get hate when it picks up a game other companies didn't want? Nintendo is saving games and other companies would rather add more to their systems taking away from their game playing ability in order to sell them.
I may not buy Bayonetta 2 but I do plan on getting the WiiU at some point because it will open me to new gaming experiences, not just a $350 dvd player.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Nintendo also isn't marketing the system as a home entertainment system like the X-Box and PS3 have been. It doesn't play movies, it doesn't play music, it plays games.

It's not a gimmick. The DS proved that it was a well thought out idea, now they are porting it to consoles. I am looking forward to it extremely, and would appreciate it if people didn't constantly demand they fall in line and make a system exactly like everyone else.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I think console exclusive titles are dumb. I understand where they are coming from from a business and marketing standpoint but I still think they are dumb.
I mostly just stick with my PC and if stuff doesn't come out for it, ah well, it is a shame. I suppose I'd be pissed if a series started on PC then went console exclusive halfway through.
Although if the only other option for this series was to die out, it is good it is being released on something. Also, no reason why it won't be ported later after release.