Gamers Rage About Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Never played the first one...absolutely NO desire to buy a WiiU, so I guess I won't be playing the sequel either.

No big loss as far as I'm concerned.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Treblaine said:
Yeah, because I don't like what Nintendo is doing, but I don't wish bankruptcy on them, they have enough good that they just need to stop their bad practices.

Base system only $300? Then they can cut the price even more by ditching the pointless tablet controller. HDD connected to the CPU/RAM via a high speed low latency port, NOT via a USB drive chassis.

Gamecube didn't have a gimmick, it didn't need one to be good.

I've been using SSD on PC, the advances are not worth it for consoles, it's only barely worth it with PC for heavy image and video editing.
what makes you think that the tablet controller will be pointless? The way I see it, it can be used to make some game experiences quite unique and pull the gamer much more into the game itself, like for example if they decide to make a pokemon snap game for the WiiU it the tablet could actually be used as a camera or if Fatal Frame gets a release, basically same functioning.
Or, now this is just my own idea, but say the tv screen shows you one point of view of a game and the tablet requires you to look through it to open up new pathways, find hidden items, etc. Of course the tablet couldn't be used the entire game otherwise it'd be too easy, but you get my point. Hand-held controllers like we've had for every console so far have only offered limited gameplay in terms of creativity, something new is what we need to expand gaming in new ways, its like the difference between going out and experiencing something and seeing it happen on a video at home.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Sonic Doctor said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Unless nin bought it out right it should go multi after 6-12 months.
The article says that Nintendo is publishing it. Think. How many current games that come out that are published by Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony, are multi-platform, going on the consoles of rival companies?

I certainly can't think of any.

Unless within your said six to twelve month span Platinum games is bought out by Microsoft or Sony and they bought the IP from Nintendo(Who will now hold the Bayonetta IP), then I don't expect the game to be multi-platform anytime soon.

That statement is in relation to when Microsoft bought Rare and a vast many of its IPs, considering how the two Banjo-Kazooie games that Nintendo published are now on XBLA with a Microsoft sticker instead of a Nintendo one.

Of course that is an example of an old game going to a new system, but as I said I can't think of any current big name console maker and publisher exclusive game that has been moved to a competitor.
Point, I was hoping they didn't but it seems its a good thing as no one else wanted it and nin needs more quirky brands. I am quit tired of the exclusivity game tho but it seems we are good for another 10 years of the console war business model. blah

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
Treblaine said:
Why would Bayonetta fans be happy to be forced into getting the WiiU? When the sequel could and should be released on Xbox 360 and/or PS3 that they already own as to be fans they played the prequel on PS3 or 360.

People do NOT have faith in WiiU. It's seen not as next-gen but overpriced and a gimmicky controller they don't want and especially don't want to pay for.

WiiU MIGHT be worth it with the following improvements:
-drop kick the tablet controller into a landfill and forget about it, don't sell it as a peripheral or a bundle
-With price savings from losing the gimmicky controller, cut the price down from $350 to $200 using a proper gamepad
-Forget the 8 to 32GB of flash memory, put a proper HDD in there and allow full game installs
-Render Wii 1 games in backwards-compatibility in higher res and post-processing anti-aliasing, this is not hard to drop in.
-have very robust online multiplayer and and open and fair store for developers.
1: Your first complaint, plain and simply, sucks. That's like arguing for any new console to ever be made. If your made that Bayonetta 2 is coming for a Next Gen console, then where you pissed when Halo 3 was gonna be on Xbox 360 and Not Xbox? How about when Metal Gear 3 was gonna be on PS2 and not the first PS? How about when Super Mario 64 was on the Nintendo 64, and not the SNES? That argument, "A Game should be released on Older consoles, not newer ones!" would mean no new console would ever be made, ever.

2: For all intents and purposes, Yes, yes it is. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Technical_specifications] It is much more powerful then either the PS3 or XBox 360, it has more space then either of those two specifically for games (1 GB beats 512 MB any day), and it has 1080i HD instead of 720p HD. It is the next generation.

3:
-Oh sure, so every controller can be boring and unoriginal, and so people can complain about how there is no creativity in Controller design!
-I can't argue with that point.
-It's not Flash memory. HDD is flash memory. Nintendo is using SDD, and you can plug in any extra memory thing you want. 8 and 32 GB of SDD instantly can become 1TB of SDD if you simply plug a 1TB SD Card into it.
-Why? Most of the Wii Games suck! THe ones that are good don't need advancing, and why would you wanna improve the sucky ones?
-They will!
It would suck if WiiU was a next-gen console

[HEADING=1]WiiU is NOT a next-gen console[/HEADING]

It is not progressive, it can't even install games to integrated Hard Drive. Integrated being the key word there.

Your cited specs do NOT put it significantly ahead of the current gen, especially considering how with new tech developers will be held back by unfamiliarity (compare Quake 4 to RAGE what difference familiarity can make on the same hardware) and how much the technically superior PS3 was haled back from its performance by not having as many programmer experience with coding for that.

" it has 1080i HD instead of 720p HD"

PS3 and 360 have been able to do 1080i since their launch.

Boring and unoriginal beat gimmick every day. Look at 360 controller vs Dual Shock 3.

"HDD is flash memory"

Wii has 2-3 decent Wii exclusives.

I'll believe their good online when I see it. Biggest problem is their conflict of focus and their bad reputation means they will be so unlikely to get the install base they need.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Has anyone thought that maybe it's a timed exclusive?

Like how BioShock was released on PS3 over a year after the initial release on 360 and PC.

Maybe, just maybe, Bayonetta 2 is a next-gen game, and would be released on Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
BNguyen said:
Treblaine said:
Yeah, because I don't like what Nintendo is doing, but I don't wish bankruptcy on them, they have enough good that they just need to stop their bad practices.

Base system only $300? Then they can cut the price even more by ditching the pointless tablet controller. HDD connected to the CPU/RAM via a high speed low latency port, NOT via a USB drive chassis.

I've been using SSD on PC, the advances are not worth it for consoles, it's only barely worth it with PC for heavy image and video editing.
what makes you think that the tablet controller will be pointless? The way I see it, it can be used to make some game experiences quite unique and pull the gamer much more into the game itself, like for example if they decide to make a pokemon snap game for the WiiU it the tablet could actually be used as a camera or if Fatal Frame gets a release, basically same functioning.
Or, now this is just my own idea, but say the tv screen shows you one point of view of a game and the tablet requires you to look through it to open up new pathways, find hidden items, etc. Of course the tablet couldn't be used the entire game otherwise it'd be too easy, but you get my point. Hand-held controllers like we've had for every console so far have only offered limited gameplay in terms of creativity, something new is what we need to expand gaming in new ways, its like the difference between going out and experiencing something and seeing it happen on a video at home.
What makes be think that?

Because when you play a console game your focus is on the BIG SCREEN! Looking down is completely redundant, we have solved this already by pressing buttons to change what is ON the big screen not needing a whole different screen.

All this raving about the potential of WiiU's Tablet controller, it's like it's 2006 all over again with how revolutionary Six-axis controller will supposedly be.

Turns out it's just a shallow gimmick.

"Or, now this is just my own idea, but say the tv screen shows you one point of view of a game and the tablet requires you to look through it to open up new pathways, find hidden items"

or press a button to switch perspectives on the big screen. There, a practical solution. Tablet is a gimmicky overpriced solution. This WiiU tablet controller is a TERRIBLE solution in search of a trivial non-problem.

ALL of these cases of "show something different" is it far easier jsut to push a button to change the output to the main-screen than manufacturing a whole new small screen, try to integrate it into the controller and send the video at high speed and low latency, wirelessly and somehow not have the device weight a ton, cost a fortune or drain battery faster the Large Hadron Collider.

That is NOT WORTH the convenience of not needing to press a button.

From the earlies games we have used buttons to change what is visible, a button for inventory, a button for the map screen, and also for even changing perspective even to the perspective of another character.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Conn1496 said:
Alternate title: "Angry nerds wanna see boobs, but don't want WiiU"

RAGEEEEE.
Post of the day!

Seriously guys the WII U looks pretty decent and seems cheap. I'm going to buy it for my niece and nephew and steal it off them occasionally.

Nintendo are trying to rebrand as a platform for mature gamers. I don't think you have to worry about censorship.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
EcoEclipse said:

Like how BioShock was released on PS3 over a year after the initial release.

Maybe, just maybe, Bayonetta 2 is a next-gen game, and would be released on Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles.
It cannot. It is developed by Nintendo, and Nintendo doesn't develop games for XBOX and PS3. They develop games for their own consoles, no one else.

Treblaine said:
Mr.Mattress said:
Treblaine said:
Why would Bayonetta fans be happy to be forced into getting the WiiU? When the sequel could and should be released on Xbox 360 and/or PS3 that they already own as to be fans they played the prequel on PS3 or 360.

People do NOT have faith in WiiU. It's seen not as next-gen but overpriced and a gimmicky controller they don't want and especially don't want to pay for.

WiiU MIGHT be worth it with the following improvements:
-drop kick the tablet controller into a landfill and forget about it, don't sell it as a peripheral or a bundle
-With price savings from losing the gimmicky controller, cut the price down from $350 to $200 using a proper gamepad
-Forget the 8 to 32GB of flash memory, put a proper HDD in there and allow full game installs
-Render Wii 1 games in backwards-compatibility in higher res and post-processing anti-aliasing, this is not hard to drop in.
-have very robust online multiplayer and and open and fair store for developers.
1: Your first complaint, plain and simply, sucks. That's like arguing for any new console to ever be made. If your made that Bayonetta 2 is coming for a Next Gen console, then where you pissed when Halo 3 was gonna be on Xbox 360 and Not Xbox? How about when Metal Gear 3 was gonna be on PS2 and not the first PS? How about when Super Mario 64 was on the Nintendo 64, and not the SNES? That argument, "A Game should be released on Older consoles, not newer ones!" would mean no new console would ever be made, ever.

2: For all intents and purposes, Yes, yes it is. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Technical_specifications] It is much more powerful then either the PS3 or XBox 360, it has more space then either of those two specifically for games (1 GB beats 512 MB any day), and it has 1080i HD instead of 720p HD. It is the next generation.

3:
-Oh sure, so every controller can be boring and unoriginal, and so people can complain about how there is no creativity in Controller design!
-I can't argue with that point.
-It's not Flash memory. HDD is flash memory. Nintendo is using SDD, and you can plug in any extra memory thing you want. 8 and 32 GB of SDD instantly can become 1TB of SDD if you simply plug a 1TB SD Card into it.
-Why? Most of the Wii Games suck! THe ones that are good don't need advancing, and why would you wanna improve the sucky ones?
-They will!
It would suck if WiiU was a next-gen console

[HEADING=1]WiiU is NOT a next-gen console[/HEADING]

It is not progressive, it can't even install games to integrated Hard Drive. Integrated being the key word there.

Your cited specs do NOT put it significantly ahead of the current gen, especially considering how with new tech developers will be held back by unfamiliarity (compare Quake 4 to RAGE what difference familiarity can make on the same hardware) and how much the technically superior PS3 was haled back from its performance by not having as many programmer experience with coding for that.

" it has 1080i HD instead of 720p HD"

PS3 and 360 have been able to do 1080i since their launch.

Boring and unoriginal beat gimmick every day. Look at 360 controller vs Dual Shock 3.

"HDD is flash memory"

Wii has 2-3 decent Wii exclusives.

I'll believe their good online when I see it. Biggest problem is their conflict of focus and their bad reputation means they will be so unlikely to get the install base they need.
1: As much as you say it, doesn't mean it's not true. It IS Next Generation, regardless of your opinion.

2: But it is much farther ahead of them. Sure, not necessarily "Significantly" ahead, but ahead none the less. And if you want to play something that is significantly ahead, why play consoles at all? Why not stay on PC's? They're the farthest ahead!

3: Not from what I remember, and not from what people have been telling me. I got an Original XBox around the time it was released, and it definitely only had 720p HD for me. Same went with my PS3.

4: Eventually that will become stale. You know it, I know it. We haven't had enough controllers like that to truly see it, but it will become as stale as all the CoD's and Madden games have. People will complain, you know it, I know it. Plus, Touch Screen Tech is not a gimmick. It was proven it wasn't a gimmick when the DS proved it wasn't.

5: I kept being told that HDD is Flash Memory and SDD is some other kind of Memory. If I am wrong, then I apologize. Regardless, the WiiU can have the most memory. What would you rather have? A set in stone limit of 520 GB of memory, or no limitations and over Several TB's of Memory?

6: Exactly! And they're already perfect the way they are. They don't need HD updates. Plus, if Nintendo did that, people would be complaining that they're milking.

7: Have you played any Nintendo games with Nintendo Network? It actually runs very well. Nintendo is using Nintendo Network and a retooled Miiverse that doesn't require Online Codes for online games. It's good enough that Dragon Quest X, an MMORPG [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_X:_Mezameshi_Itsutsu_no_Shuzoku_Online], will be on the WiiU.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Treblaine said:
In my view it's like playing baldur's gate and having your inventory/skills screen up on a second monitor, that doesn't sound that bad to me. It actually sounds kind of convenient.

I agree with you on the stats though. It doesn't seem that much more advanced which is why I'm buying for my sister's kids instead of myself.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
EcoEclipse said:

Like how BioShock was released on PS3 over a year after the initial release.

It cannot. It is developed by Nintendo, and Nintendo doesn't develop games for XBOX and PS3. They develop games for their own consoles, no one else.
Published by Nintendo, but Platinum is still the developer. So, the possibility is still there. Unless, as others have mentioned, Nintendo bought the franchise rights.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Treblaine said:
BNguyen said:
Treblaine said:

What makes be think that?

Because when you play a console game your focus is on the BIG SCREEN! Looking down is completely redundant, we have solved this already by pressing buttons to change what is ON the big screen not needing a whole different screen.

All this raving about the potential of WiiU's Tablet controller, it's like it's 2006 all over again with how revolutionary Six-axis controller will supposedly be.

Turns out it's just a shallow gimmick.

"Or, now this is just my own idea, but say the tv screen shows you one point of view of a game and the tablet requires you to look through it to open up new pathways, find hidden items"

or press a button to switch perspectives on the big screen. There, a practical solution. Tablet is a gimmicky overpriced solution. This WiiU tablet controller is a TERRIBLE solution in search of a trivial non-problem.

ALL of these cases of "show something different" is it far easier jsut to push a button to change the output to the main-screen than manufacturing a whole new small screen, try to integrate it into the controller and send the video at high speed and low latency, wirelessly and somehow not have the device weight a ton, cost a fortune or drain battery faster the Large Hadron Collider.

That is NOT WORTH the convenience of not needing to press a button.

From the earlies games we have used buttons to change what is visible, a button for inventory, a button for the map screen, and also for even changing perspective even to the perspective of another character.
yeah, just add more buttons until the controller is nothing but buttons
maybe you like to stick to the past but I want more than just one way to enjoy a game, people like you who think everything should stick with what was good in the past are pathetic who wouldn't even try something new if it was given to you for free
and quit using the word 'gimmick' I've said this before that everything is a gimmick before it became popular even the computer in front of you

I'm willing to be that if companies somehow managed to cheaply build a holographic gaming system that you'd sit there and complain of "why there be no buttons?! buttons make a game good, innovation doesn't do nothing"

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
I absolutely love Bayonetta and have the PS3 version. It's my third favorite game for the system behind Resident Evil 5 and The Godfather (no judging...). I definitely see why so many people are pissed. I mean, the games Platinum puts out don't exactly make a killing, so the people why buy them and love them feel a sort of...loyalty from P.G. though it's a bit of a silly idea.

Their goal is to make money, and I want the company to succeed, but to me it just kind of feels like a poke in the eye for it to go to the WiiU. I mean, I got a PS3 because I saw the games on the Wii, and thought they were mostly pretty crappy. Except for the RE and Dead Space rail-shooters, there was no motivation for me to buy that system. And even that was fixed. Looking at the WiiU games on display so far, only this and ZombiU seem even moderately interesting. So what, am I expected to plunk down $300 bucks to play a handful of games over the course of a couple years? Aside from those, the only other 'big draws' are games coming out for the PS3 and 360.

Sorry for my little rant to be long, but as a big fan of Bayonetta, I wanted to put in my two cents. Saying Nintendo should burn is idiotic (and I actually don't like them very much...at least since the Wii), but perhaps what we need is a good old-fashioned boycott or write-in campaign. We need to send Platinum a message that this is ultimately a stupid move. I mean, how many parents are going to see Bayonetta 2 and think it's a good game for their kiddies? Bayo2 will flop on the WiiU, and we need to tell them that some of their other games on the 360/PS3 will until they port over everyone's favorite ass-kicking witch.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
oh well we gonna get our share of exclusives when Sony/MS's real next gen will come out. and for Bayonetta 2 i just watch LP of it coz there is no way i'm buying old gen console when new gen is on it's way.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
DustyDrB said:
It wouldn't be made at all without Nintendo stepping in to publish it. Them's the facts. Don't think you're going to want a Wii U and are mad that you then won't be able to play the game?

What he said. There was literally no alternative, the game just didn't sell well enough and nintendo decided to save it and publish it anyway. Who is everyone angry at again...?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Overusedname said:
DustyDrB said:
It wouldn't be made at all without Nintendo stepping in to publish it. Them's the facts. Don't think you're going to want a Wii U and are mad that you then won't be able to play the game?

What he said. There was literally no alternative, the game just didn't sell well enough and nintendo decided to save it and publish it anyway. Who is everyone angry at again...?
well apparently to the developer for selling out to Nintendo instead of letting the franchise die even though they raged about wanting a sequel and to Nintendo for doing business and saving a game from being scrapped and apparently for existing at all and creating a new method of playing games with a unique controller rather than the standard all buttons two joysticks route
Man, I just can't understand why they're hating either

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I really don't think this is quite the scandal it seems. Look at those comments - how many of them sound as if they're coming from people who are willing and able to respond to the situation in a rational, civilized manner? Yeah. This is just the usual morons and mouthbreathers who get off by making a fuss at every opportunity. There does seem to be a lot of them these days. Most likely, any true Bayonetta fan is just happy that the game is coming out at all.

This also bodes well for Nintendo - they'll certainly achieve more of an edge over the competition if they're willing to expand beyond the "family (and media watchdog) friendly at all costs" - image they've been building for themselves during the current generation.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't think there is actually a controversy surrounding this.... I mean... I haven't seen anyone on this forum that is anything but apathetic about this situation (skimmed most comments, didn't read them all). That is usually the first place whiners go, not twitter. But I almost forgot that what happens on Twitter and Facebook takes precedence over sites that report things like news rather peoples opinions.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
This announcement came as more of a shock to me than it came as a punch to the face for so many others (apparently).

I mean, the Wii was the only console they didn't release the first Bayonetta for, right? That's what baffles me. And to be honest i'm not all that hyped about having to play Bayonetta 2 with the weird touch board thing.

If Nintendo allows the use of a convensional controller then i guess they'll be scraping in even more of my money 'cause i'm sure as hell just gonna get that instead. I used my Gamecube controller for every Wii game it was compatible with and thus didn't run into motion control too frequently.

Another surprise is not just that it's even coming to the Wii U, but also that it's being made an exclusive because surely you should want to cater to the kinds of gamers that've already played the first instalment, but then again it could just be one way for Nintendo to try sucking in players of other consoles.

I don't understand sales business at all :/