Gamertags - why did you pick that name?

Sandag

Mar 14, 2009
Sandag...

I was watching the Olympics in Beijing and there was a boxing referee called Sandag Bayasgalan. I thought Sandag sounded EXTREMELY epic, so I took that name as my own.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Both are a bit old and have their own story.

mykalwane is for simply mixing my first name with wane from wayne for Batman. At the time I thought was how wayne was spelled. I first got into Batman threw an old relative listening about him. This was back when Batman was more detective then bad ass. When I tried once to spell it mykalwayne the name was already taken. So I have sticken to mykalwane because most don't spell wayne wane.

MawBedlam is one that came from me first finding out what maw meant. I simply was into neat 3 letter names that make words. JAM for example, so thought if Mykal Wane was my real name what would make a word out of that. So first thought was try with the A then if that didn't work try another vowel. I liked the sound of maw, and cheeked to see if it was a real word. Turned out that maw meant the throat, gullet, or jaws especially of a voracious animal. Meaning the teeth. Since Bedlam means insane, and insanity comes forth from my mouth went with MawBedlam since that means the maw is a bedlam.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
My Gamertag is Humanfishboy

It was a nickname given to me when I was a kid and, even though it's never used in real life any more, I still have it as all my internet personalities.

The only reason I'm "Amarok" here is because I already joined as humanfishboy but forgot my password!

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
crazysm0kybac0n

I had this whole "sm0kybac0n" thing going on pretty much every website I signed up on for a while (That's a long story...) it had never been taken on any site i'd been to so I assumed it would be available on LIVE too.

Anyway, when it came to make my gamertag it was taken [OH THE HORROR!!!] so I started latching stuff on to see what sounded good and BINGO: crazysm0kybac0n

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
The story behind j0z is a long one...
When I first got into playing strategy games (Civ to be precise) I didn't want to use my real name (Joshua), I wanted it to be a bit more foreign. So chop off the ending of my name, stick a z and you got it. Where did the zero come from instead of an "o"? Well, sometimes Joz was taken, but not j0z. Then it just stuck.

Skullcheese501

Oct 17, 2008
the thing with skullcheese501 is when i first started online accounts my friend suggested skulldude or cheeseman so it put them together and made skullcheese501 and 501 because they were the first numbers that popped into my head

my gamertag in ninja monkey because ninja monkeys would be the most awesome creation on earth

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
aprilmarie said:
because its my name?
Never! You can never have a name that makes logical sense!

Frank_Sinatra_
Reason: Because Frank Sinatra is the best singer to have ever lived.
can so..... *sticks tongue out*

and i think he is one of the greatest singers but not the best.

APPCRASH

Mar 30, 2009
Gulf One Eight
Decided to put my initials in basic military call sign. Gulf = G, One Eight = R

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Patricks Law.... Hmm, Well I stand for justice and peace and my name is Patrick... (and it sounds like a bad ass T.V. show)

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
KnyteFox. Heard the name on some movie, liked the sound of it, spent 5 minutes trying to find a version that wasn't used.

Bam.

GreyMorality

Jan 12, 2009
RedEyedDarkness
None of the names I wanted were available and this one is always a gaurantee to get.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
There are a few reasons for each of my tags.
1) Cesasse: A throwback to one of my roleplaying characters
2) Tan: Always liked that name. Dunno why.
3) W33vil: Old tag, not used anymore, but to do with weevils.
4) Desynchro: Desynchronised, an odd depressive thought in my head
5) Reconnection: My. Fucking. MODEM.

Erlec

Apr 14, 2009
Skograndbros

I share my account with my brother and our last name is Skogrand. BY THEIR POWERS COMBINED I AM SKOGRANDBROS *cue in awesome music*

BUG.exe

Mar 11, 2009
bugexe...well partly was because i actually really liked the first 2 megaman battle networks and then my friend nate had this game that was terrible called onimusha blade warriors but we played it when i went to his house and on there one of the fighters is megaman and he could be in bug form and it was called BUG.EXE so i guess i stole from 2 game series......

Thanatoast

Oct 22, 2008
Doctor Syrup, because SMBC is an awesome comic.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=477#comic